Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

To the "You stole our land." argument

From what I can find out not many californian ranch owners actually left when the southwest became part of the US.

I'm sure there are records of the major families that owned land, sold land etc left (AND do the geneology of the families that left and find out who their decendants are and where they are living-we don't want to do this halfway and have 100,000. people claiming to be Jose Gomez who left his shack in Los Angeles for mexico without bothering to sell the property (probably because of a dispute over some property or someones unmarried daughter or some situation that would prompt a person to drop everything and leave) . The names and geneology there of.

I think that this is a tactic that is beyond the reconquitstas because it actually requires 'research' (which is somthing that from what I have seen they are not inclined to do very willingly)not just shouting what they have been told.

I imagine the conversation would be along the lines of...

"My people were here first and you stole our land."
    "Really? What is your name and what ranch did your family used to own?"
    "Que?"
    "What 'piece' of property did 'your' family used to own here that you are trying to get back. Was it in Malibu, Los Angeles, San Diego San Juaquin, San Bernardino...., Just what property were we to have stolen and from who."
    "California. We owned all of California"
    "Oh I had no Idea that I was talking to a decendant of the King Of Spain."
    "F--K You . Your are F____ing Racist!"
    " So your family was never really 'from' here and we stole nothing from you and you are just lying to see if you can take what was never yours. "
    " You're a Racist.!!!"
    "And you're a lying Thief. You steal our services, our resources and you have stolen 10 minutes of my time. "

Let's punch holes in their "You stole our land" argument bacause I'm getting really pissed off at them lying in our face and getting away with it.

I think the place to start would be at the City Halls.
    I guess I could start a Webpage about the old ranches I was going to suggest it be a wiki page but that would be filled up with fabricated geneologies in about 10 minutes.

April
    5 wrote:

Let's punch holes in their "You stole our land" argument bacause I'm getting really pissed off at them lying in our face and getting away with it
    This lie is being perpetrated so they have an excuse to use as they defile our nation. They are fooling noone but themselves. The American public is not buying the BS, the only ones buying it are the ones helping the invaders. They know America is not their land. They feel motivated because our government is not doing anything to stop their invasion, that is who is giving them the belief they have the right to invade our country. If our government was standing with us this would be squashed in a minute!

I thought the land was paid for...................unless my memory is going.

Even if we gave them Calif. they would just be mad because they would then have to travel all the way to Oregon to cross the border.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
    It was. Not sure the exact amount paid, but I can look it up real quick if you want. We took their capitol. We really cleaned their clock. We could have just taken all of Mexico, but we decided only to take the SW, (NW Mexico) and actually pay for it. We also assumed the debt on capital that Mexico owed to us. It wasn't really a bad deal for Mexico, and Santa Ana actually later offered us Baja. It was the US congress that decided against buying more Mexican territory that MEXICO wanted to sell us.

About the Spanish ranchers......My guess is that they intramixed with the Anglo settlers over the last 150 years, like was common for all Americans of European background. I've also heard that the Spanish ranchers were actually pretty welcome to an American take-over. They didn't like Mexico City too much. If we didn't take the land, it would have been Britain, France, or Russia. In fact, America was instramental in Napoleon III leaving Mexico. France had taken over the nation and installed a German emperor. It was during the American Civil War, and France saw an opportunity to take Mex as the US was preoccupied. once the north gained the upper hand, we let France know in, no uncertian terms, that we would not tolerate their presence in Mexico. One of the battles in this conflict is celebrated on Cinco de Mayo. We moved our troops to the border with Mexico, France saw that we meant business, and high-tailed it out of Mex. Mexico owes its existence to the USA.

Tell them that.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Quote Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
    It was. Not sure the exact amount paid, but I can look it up real quick if you want.
    $28 million in gold for the CLAIM or control over the land. Not for the land itself since it was mostly an undeveloped wilderness at the time.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    The invaders do not care what the truth is, they feel they are entitled to what they have NO right to, it will be up to American citizens to stand up and stop this illegal invasion.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Even if we gave them Calif. they would just be mad because they would then have to travel all the way to Oregon to cross the border.
    Yeah, lets not get them to come this way anymore than they already have!!

I love it up here, and once all of the illegas are gone (and they will be!), it will be paradise. We have it all up here, high desert, lush mountain range, ocean beaches, temperate rain forests, wild rivers, waterfalls, the list is endless.

My only reprieve is summertime because the illegals up here seem hesitant to go into the back trails and roads as we Oregonians do so we never see them up in the Cascades (plus, our plenty supply of sasquatch keep them out of the woods too!!LOL). They have started to make their way to the Oregon coast though, so we avoid it during the peak seasons and just go in the stormy season.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    I did forgot about most of this stuff form high school.
    This all add up to Calif. Belongs to America and its people today and it belonged to us before asny f these peple that cry its there and they want it back Where even thought of r before there grandparents parents were even alive
    I find out alot when i just ask someone who know more then me and in this case my 6th graders History teacher a Immigrent fom Good old mexico at the age of 5 He and his family became citizens in the Golden state.
    He told me the very same things you guys will read down below
    But the web pages came from his addvice.

No one knows exactly when humans first appeared in the Western United States nor do we know for certain how they arrived or where they came from. There are numerous theories and explanations. Native Americans explain their own origins in ways which modern scholars find fascinating but discount as myth. Most archeologists believe that stone age people arrived in the region between 15,000 and 13,000 years ago and that they came overland from Northeastern Asia.
    The area that the first inhabitants found when they arrived was very different from the region of today. Much of the earth was still covered with ice and sea levels were about three hundred feet lower than today. Along the coast the continental shelf extended far out to the west from today's shoreline. The Golden Gate was a river estuary not the entrance to a large bay. Snow levels in the mountains were much lower and extensive forests covered the southern coastal areas. Today's desert areas were better watered and an extensive series of small lakes dotted the central valley.
    The first humans were few in number and practiced a hunter-gatherer life style. They arrived in time to hunt the last of the ice-age animals including mammoths, sloths, wild horses, saber-toothed tigers, and camels. They used stone to craft distinctive fluted points for their spears. These artefacts have been found throughout inland areas of the region and are known as Clovis points. The earliest evidence of the use of Clovis points in California is from 11,200 B.C. and the last use of them is believed to have been about 10,900 B.C. (This coincides with the disappearance of the last of the ice-age animals in California.) These first settlers also supplemented their diet with smaller animals, birds, fish, shellfish and a variety of plant foods. Their hunter-gatherer lifestyle made them highly mobile but their lives were anchored to dependable water sources.
    Sea levels continued to rise as the ice-age glaciers melted. The continental shelf retreated to the east, the Golden Gate became the entrance to a rapidly growing bay, and inland areas became steadily more arid. From 6,500 B.C. until 2,000 B.C. California experienced a particularly warm and dry climate (the Altithermal period). During this period grasses formed an increasingly important food source and the people used distinctive milling stones to grind the grass seeds prior to consumption. Archeologists refer to this period as the Milling Stone Horizon. Life was difficult at best and periods of drought made extended periods of hunger and malnutrition inevitable.
    By 2,500 B.C. the inhabitants of California were forced to depend more and more on food sources that required considerable labor to process. Central to this period was the increased dependence on acorns as a primary food source. Fifteen species of oak exist in California and each fall they produce an abundance of acorns. Although acorns are labor intensive to harvest and prepare they are a nutritious food source and can be stored for long periods of time. Combined with a bewildering array of other plant and animal food sources this stable food source permitted the population of California to grow steadily and expand to all parts of the state. Mortars for the processing of acorns have been found in virtually every corner of the state.
    Starting in about 1,000 A.D. a cycle of unpredictable weather combined with increased population growth resulted in another period of malnutrition and hunger for many of the Native American communities living in California. At first, conflict erupted as groups vied for control of food sources, but gradually the worst of the quarreling seems to have settled down and increased trade developed. A vast network of personal connections covered the entire state and social structure became more complex. By 500 A.D. the bow and arrow was introduced into California desert regions from the Great Basin. Native Americans throughout California quickly became adept in the use of this new technology.
    It is estimated that by the time that Europeans first visited California in the Sixteenth Century A.D. there were 310,000 Native Americans living in California. They gathered into small villages and spoke over 60 different languages. They had managed to exist and grow for thirteen millennia in the wilderness, but would be virtually wiped out in a few centuries of exposure to civilization.

Although California was sighted by Spanish navigator Juan Rodríguez Cabrillo in 1542, its first Spanish mission (at San Diego) was not established until 1769. California became a U.S. territory in 1847 when Mexico surrendered it to John C. Frémont. On Jan. 24, 1848, James W. Marshall discovered gold at Sutter's Mill, starting the California Gold Rush and bringing settlers to the state in large numbers. California entered the Union on Sept. 9, 1850, By 1964, California had surpassed New York to become the most populous state. One reason for this may be that more immigrants settle in California than any other state—more than one-third of the nation's total in 1994. Asians and Pacific Islanders led the influx.
    . California entered the Union on Sept. 9, 1850,

Golden State
    People. Population (2003 est.): 35,484,453; rank: 1; net change (2002-2003): 1.4%. Pop. density: 227.5 per sq mi. Racial distribution (2000): 59.5%; white; 6.7% black; 10.9% Asian; 1.0% Native American/Nat. AK; 0.3% Hawaiian/Pacific Islander; 16.8% other race; 2 or more races, 4.7% Hispanic pop. (any race): 32.4%.
    Geography. Total area: 163,696 sq mi; rank: 3. Land area: 155,959 sq mi; rank: 3. Acres forested: 40.2 mil. Location: on western coast of the U.S. Climate: moderate temperatures and rainfall along the coast; extremes in the interior. Topography: long mountainous coastline; central valley; Sierra Nevada on the east; desert basins of the southern interior; rugged mountains of the north. Capital: Sacramento.
    Economy. Chief industries: agriculture, tourism, apparel, electronics, telecommunications, entertainment. Chief manuf. goods: electronic and electrical equip., computers, industrial machinery, transportation equip. and instruments, food. Chief farm products: milk and cream, grapes, cotton, flowers, oranges, rice, nursery products, hay, tomatoes, lettuce, strawberries, almonds, asparagus. Livestock (Jan. 2004): 5.2 mil. cattle/calves; 680,000 sheep/lambs; (Jan. 2003): 135,000 hogs/pigs; (Dec. 2003): 26.0 mil. chickens (excl. broilers). Timber/lumber (est. 2002): 2.9 bil bd. ft.; fir, pine, redwood, oak. Nonfuel minerals (est. 2003): $3.2 bil.; sand and gravel (construction), cement (portland), stone (crushed), boron minerals, soda ash. Commercial fishing (2002): $108.1 mil. Chief ports: Long Beach, Los Angeles, San Diego, Oakland, San Francisco, Sacramento, Stockton. Principal internat. airports at: Fresno, Los Angeles, Oakland, Ontario, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose. New private housing (2003): 192,273 units/$32.2 bil. Gross state product (2001): $1,359.3 bil. Employment distrib. (May 2004): 16.7% govt.; 18.8% trade/trans./util.; 10.5% mfg.; 10.8% ed./health serv.; 14.8% prof./bus serv.; 9.8% leisure/hosp.; 6.2% finance; 5.6% constr.; 3.2% info. Per cap. pers. income (2003): $33,749. Sales tax (2004): 7.25%. Unemployment (2003): 6.7%. Tourism expends. (2002): $68.2 bil. Lottery (2003): total sales: $2.8 bil; net income: $977 mil.
    Finance. FDIC-insured commercial banks (2003): 281. Deposits: $367.4 bil. FDIC-insured savings institutions (2003): 37. Assets: $468.3 bil.
    Federal govt. Fed. civ. employees (Mar. 2003): 145,996. Avg. salary: $57,552. Notable fed. facilities: Vandenberg, Beale, Travis AF bases; San Diego Naval Sta.; Pt. Loma Naval Sub Base; USMC Camp Pendleton; Lawrence Livermore Natl. Lab; Berkeley Natl. Lab; NASA Jet Propulsion Lab; Edwards AFB (NASA Dryden Flight Test Ctr., AF Flight Rest Ctr.; San Francisco Mint.
    Energy. Electricity production (est. 2003, kWh by source): Petroleum: 51 mil; Gas: 9.7 bil; Hydroelectric: 34.2 bil; Nuclear: 35.6 bil; Other: 331 mil.
    State data. Motto: Eureka (I have found it). Flower: Golden poppy. Bird: California valley quail. Tree: California redwood. Song: I Love You, California. Entered union Sept. 9, 1850; rank, 31st. State fair at Sacramento; late Aug.-early Sept.
    History. Early inhabitants included more than 100 different Native American tribes with multiple dialects. The first European explorers were Cabrillo, 1542, and Drake, 1579. The first settlement was the Spanish Alta California mission at San Diego, 1769, first in a string founded by Franciscan Father Junípero Serra. U.S. traders and settlers arrived in the 19th cent. and staged the Bear Flag revolt, 1846, in protest against Mexican rule; later that year U.S. forces occupied California. At the end of the Mexican War, Mexico ceded the territory to the U.S., 1848; that same year gold was discovered, and the famed gold rush began.
    Tourist attractions. The Queen Mary, Long Beach; Palomar Mountain; Disneyland, Anaheim; Getty Center, Los Angeles; Tournament of Roses and Rose Bowl, Pasadena; Universal Studios, Hollywood; Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific; Golden State Museum, Sacramento; San Diego Zoo; Yosemite Valley; Lassen and Sequoia-Kings Canyon natl. parks; Lake Tahoe; Mojave and Colorado deserts; San Francisco Bay; Napa Valley; Monterey Peninsula; oldest living things on earth believed to be a stand of Bristlecone pines in the Inyo National Forest, est. 4,700 years old; world's tallest tree, 365-ft “National Geographic Society” coast redwood, in Humboldt Redwoods State Park.
    Famous Californians. Edmund G. (Pat) Brown, Jerry Brown, Luther Burbank, Julia Child, Ted Danson, Cameron Diaz, Leonardo DiCaprio, Joe DiMaggio, Dianne Feinstein, John C. Fremont, Robert Frost, Tom Hanks, Bret Harte, William Randolph Hearst, Helen Hunt, Jack Kemp, Monica Lewinsky, Jack London, George Lucas, Mark McGwire, Aimee Semple McPherson, Marilyn Monroe, John Muir, Richard M. Nixon, George S. Patton Jr., Gregory Peck, Nancy Pelosi, Ronald Reagan, Sally K. Ride, William Saroyan, Father Junípero Serra, O.J. Simpson, Kevin Spacey, Leland Stanford, John Steinbeck, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Shirley Temple, Earl Warren, Ted Williams, Serena Williams, Venus Williams, Tiger Woods.

The cost then and today.
    Following one brief week as the independent California Republic in 1846, and the conclusion of the Mexican-American war in 1848, California was annexed by the United States and was admitted to the Union as the thirty-first state

O boy and if I rally thought for much longer
    and if it would help change the Mexican criminal immigrent minds theres enough true info to make a web site that would rock the world of any uniformed person.

The only reason that Mexico had anything to do with the SW part of the US was due to the Spaniards that came and conquered the lands for Spain and God. After that, land purchases and wars are what seperated Mexico from the SW states. Nothing was stolen. It was either paid for in blood or money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast