Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

100% YES!!!

Absolutely!
    I'd rather die living then live dying!

Banned
    SHOULD CHURCHES THAT WILLFULLY SUPPORT THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION PROBLEM LOSE THEIR TAX EXEMPTION STATUS?

Yes for the time being
    then the people responsible Jailed

With sad reluctance I agree that some action should be taken to dissuade churches from using their special status to enable illegal immigrants. I posted the following response about my personal experience a couple of months ago. With apologies for being redundant I'll copy it here.

About nine months ago, I stopped sending my monthly check to the church. I don't intend to deprive the church of my financial support but I will hold it in 'escrow' until this insanity stops. Our church (in a small southern town) set up a collection point for the day-workers and provided them with a breakfast. Then several of them started to just hang out in the church hall instead of going to work. The numbers increased until it reached about a dozen who were loitering there all day just lounging and watching t.v. etc. The ladies who regularly came to the church for meetings, to launder the altar cloths, cook for the priest, etc. stopped coming. Several of them reported untoward remarks made at them and said they were scared to come to the church during day-time hours.

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    You want to involve yourself in a state and national issue and aid and abet criminals fine! But say good bye to that tax exempt and government grants and other government hand outs they get!!!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

April
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Yes. If they are lobbying or involving themselves in politics, they should loose their non-profit status. They should be in the business of saving souls and nothing more. Polictics are a destraction from God's work.

Dixie
    I agree completely. IMO their help to illegals has nothing to do with God and everything to do with greed and member numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouveauxpoor
    With sad reluctance I agree that some action should be taken to dissuade churches from using their special status to enable illegal immigrants. I posted the following response about my personal experience a couple of months ago. With apologies for being redundant I'll copy it here.

About nine months ago, I stopped sending my monthly check to the church. I don't intend to deprive the church of my financial support but I will hold it in 'escrow' until this insanity stops. Our church (in a small southern town) set up a collection point for the day-workers and provided them with a breakfast. Then several of them started to just hang out in the church hall instead of going to work. The numbers increased until it reached about a dozen who were loitering there all day just lounging and watching t.v. etc. The ladies who regularly came to the church for meetings, to launder the altar cloths, cook for the priest, etc. stopped coming. Several of them reported untoward remarks made at them and said they were scared to come to the church during day-time hours.
    Nouveaux--what has been the response of your church to your and other parishioners' withdrawal?

Quote Originally Posted by sippy
    They most certainly should lose their tax exempt status if they are condoning law breaking.

Romans 13:1-7 states that WE all must obey the laws of the land. No where in the scriptures does it give churches the right to break the laws of the land.
    Yes they should lose their tax exemption for this one. However, Sippy scriptures does give the Christian the right to break the laws of the land in such cases if the law is a mandate that breaks God's laws.

Example given: If I'm order to murder every brown eyed neighbor by the government, I disobey that law. It offends God's laws. China mandates that women abort their child IF they already have their quota of children. I could then disobey that law because in God's eyes that is murder. (Moses)
    Acts 5:27-29

BUT everything else is to be obeyed, so yes their tax exemption should be lost.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

absolutley
    Do They understand the word ILLEGAL????

Yes, they should lose their tax-exempt status!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12