Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by alisab
    I just ran my number through mycreditreport.com (not advertising) to make sure there was no fraud and abuse on my ss number. I went into check my children's b/c I have heard of these criminals stealing children's number and I have to do that in writing so I plan to do that next.

I would advise anyone to check their credit report YEARLY b/c I have heard of the pain and suffering when your identity is stolen to get it back and in good order again.

I always cut up ANY receipts w/my name and number b/c I wouldn't put it past anyone to go through garbage to acquire ss numbers and personal information!!
    We purchased a "make your own log out of paper" machine a couple of years ago. Anything that has our names, address or social on it we put in a box and in the fall turn them into logs. They are not slow burning wonders like advertised, but NOBODY is going to be able to put these back together again like a patient thief could do with simply ripping or shredding. BTW the logs might be fast burning flops, but they make great starters for real logs too.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by USA_born
    Its just a shame that our country has been invaded by illegal aliens who have found that this is a way they can exploit us and steal from us . By stealing our identity. . . . .
    It's MORE OF A SHAME that our government has ALLOWED THEM TO DO THIS AND get away with it!! No one should EVER have had access to our Social Security numbers!! Our names addresses, birthdates etc. should NEVER had been sent OUT OF THIS country to be viewed by foreigners!!
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

As a finance manager I can tell you that everyone needs to contact credit card companies and anyone else that has their SS numbers and tell them you want to OPT OUT, otherwise they will sell your info to anyone willing to pay.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country"-John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by JBParrothead
    Quote Originally Posted by USA_born
    Its just a shame that our country has been invaded by illegal aliens who have found that this is a way they can exploit us and steal from us . By stealing our identity. . . . .
    It's MORE OF A SHAME that our government has ALLOWED THEM TO DO THIS AND get away with it!! No one should EVER have had access to our Social Security numbers!! Our names addresses, birthdates etc. should NEVER had been sent OUT OF THIS country to be viewed by foreigners!!
    I am giving this out as a warning. If you are buying or selling, or refinancing a home right now, the odds are all of your personal information will be going to Israel, the Philippines or India. I was a 25 year veteran of the title industry when my job went to India. The only title people still in the US (with the exception of a few smaller companies or in places where the records are not yet completely computerized, yet) are the escrow offices. The public face to the industry. The actual title work is now done off shore. This means that there are people in these foreign countries who have access to our public records. This included deed info, mortgage info, any liens, judgments, divorces, criminal records ect. Documents produced in the past couple of years no longer have ss numbers on them, but, anything prior to 2004 could. Title searches go back to at least the last date of sale, if insurance was issued on that sale, if not they can go back 50 years or more. These people will have access to easements, so they will know the complete layout of pipes for both water and gas and where your electric lines are located. To "clear" a title for either a preliminary report, policy or binder, the person examining the work (now citizens of the above mentioned countries) need your name, any name your have ever gone by, the names of all of your ex's, birth date, social, and if divorced the number and ages of your children. They assure you that there is no way this info can be stolen, because these foreign countries have signed privacy agreements. There is NO WAY the US government can monitor this.

The huge Irony is the two major national companies that started this trend both have "America" in their names. Because of the costs, other companies have felt they can no longer compete unless they join these traitors and also outsource.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just a few months ago, I had an Amex card I had been using for years at the local grocery and gas station, and even purchasing and repairing a computer. I get an email from Amex one day wondering if I charged $866 on exoticphone.com, which I assume is a sex phone line, probably long distance charges from some other country, or this person is a true sex fiend in every way.
    I still wonder which grocer or gas station sold me out or perhaps it was just buying the computer on line as I hear that info is seized out of the ether of the Internet. But then again, there was an investigative report that guys with gizmos cruise parking lots of gas stations and stores and are able to pick up the transmission from when you swipe a card, and then when you type in your pin #. Don't ask which station, as can't recall.
    Even the FBI can locate someone if their cellphone is turned off through their technology.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticSandra
    Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    I am certain half of my personal information is already in some computer center in India. Just calling Microsoft to fix a problem with Word 2007, I have only spoken with India. Paycheck processing is outsourced, not only to India but cheaper countries in Asia.
    Utility companies and banks have my SSN, and who knows how many people with nefarious motives have access to those to be able to sell the information for a high price. Medicare slaps the SSN number on their cards and some hospitals are doing their billing through computer centers out of the country.
    Even my posts on the Internet and email are a way to track my interests.
    Any property I own is public record, along with any mortgage I may owe.
    I have given up on any chance of actually being a "private citizen," and it seems more and more that privacy of any sort is a fleeting thing.
    Really Good Points ! I have also stopped worrying about ever having any Personal information privacy . I don't think ANYONE has been spared the selling of your personal info or even Identity theft , it is too much a money making scheme and our own government thinks it is fine.
    Not to mention that Orange County, CA has their court data outsourced to Mexico. Yep, don't get a ticket in Orange County.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12