Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by cousinsal
    If this invasion is allowed to continue, we lose our country and we Americans probably won't have freedom of speech anymore to debate any issues.
    You're right - it does make me sick to think of voting for Obama or Hilary.

I have given my support to Tancredo, too. I just gave him a monthly donation - small, but if we all did it.......[/quote]

You are right. A lot of people think- I am only one person or I can only give a small amount. Well if we all did that it certainly does add up!

MW
    Anyone else want to play? If so, go here:

http://www.selectsmart.com/president/2008.html

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It appears to me that traditional politics is not going to get us out of the current mess. If we vote (as we have in the past) for the party or candidate whose overall agenda is the most appealing to us(or the least distasteful). we will get precisely what we have now: a divided and gridlocked government awash in hypocrisy and in bed with large corporate interests.

The only antidote for this, at least from our point of view, is single issue politics. i.e. supporting only those candidates who are willing to put an end to the illegal immigration crisis by strict enforcement of our laws, and proper and adequate security for America's borders. If we are to prevail, we may have to give up voting for the party we have traditionally supported or give up at least a part of the platform which we otherwise might prefer, for the sake of electing those who will do the will of the American people on the issue of illegal immigration. We simply cannot afford an allegiance to party or ideology, at the expense of our nation's security and sovereignty, any longer. We can go back to arguing over those things, AFTER we get our country back from the corrupt, the greedy, and the treasonous! If we fail to do that , the other things will not matter, for we will no longer have the freedom to argue over them! Let's put aside our differences and the bickering, and vote for America for a change!
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

"I've never given anybody hell; I just tell the truth on them, and they think it's hell!" - Harry Truman

MW
    Gadfly wrote:

If we are to prevail, we may have to give up voting for the party we have traditionally supported or give up at least a part of the platform which we otherwise might prefer, for the sake of electing those who will do the will of the American people on the issue of illegal immigration.
    That may be true for some, however, Duncan Hunter is everything I want our next President to be - not a tough choice for me. With that said, I will support Tancredo if Hunter doesn't pan out.

Besides all that, Gadfly, who ended up being your top choices on the test?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Gadfly wrote:

If we are to prevail, we may have to give up voting for the party we have traditionally supported or give up at least a part of the platform which we otherwise might prefer, for the sake of electing those who will do the will of the American people on the issue of illegal immigration.
    That may be true for some, however, Duncan Hunter is everything I want our next President to be - not a tough choice for me. With that said, I will support Tancredo if Hunter doesn't pan out.

Besides all that, Gadfly, who ended up being your top choices on the test?
    MW,

Tancredo, and Hunter. What I was trying to say is that some of our more liberal brethren may have to give a little on ideological matters in other areas, in order to unite with us behind candidates who will enforce our immigration laws and secure our borders. In other words, it's a matter of priorities, and the first priority is getting our nation back from those in both parties who would sell our country out from under us.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

"I've never given anybody hell; I just tell the truth on them, and they think it's hell!" - Harry Truman

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123