Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Is your town quieter over the holidays? Ghost town here...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Is your town quieter over the holidays? Ghost town here...

Speaking Frank
    New Member 41 Posts
    Posted - 12/30/2006 : 12:33:41
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have been trying to figure out why Waukegan and my neighborhood seems so peaceful and quiet during the holidays right now.

Not nearly as many cars parked on the streets, not all the loud, blaring noise in cars going down the streets. Everything seems so much quieter.

I wonder if it is because many persons here from other countries south of the border are back visiting their relatives and buddies during FELIZ NAVIDAD.

Do you think that is why Waukegan is so much now like it used to be? Quiet, peaceful, restful, a nice city to live in?
    __________________________________________________ _________

http://www.waukegan.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6096

Someone posted this on my town board today. Got me to thinking -how is your neck of the woods?! I can absolutely say that the streets have been emptier. My children have all mentioned children that were not in their class for the whole week before Christmas. I got right through the grocery store today. BUT most of all I love the empty roads.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=49961

Maybe you can figure out where they all went! Maybe they worked for Swift!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, we are quiet because we just had two back-to-back blizzards. The blizzard before these two was the one where a van load of illegals crashed on the highway running through my city. No more illegal crashes being reported over the holidays. I don't think it's because their driving got better.

how can you be illegal in a country and move so freely back and forth over the border? they obviously aren't crawling across the desert each time? soon even a legal US citizen will not be able to enter this country without a passport.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Patriot
    how can you be illegal in a country and move so freely back and forth over the border? they obviously aren't crawling across the desert each time? soon even a legal US citizen will not be able to enter this country without a passport.
    Good Point Lone_Patriot! We Citizens are sealed in or out without a passport, but they just come and go as they please. Makes one wonder.

Hopefully they won't be able to get back to the US and will stay home where they belong. I did see a neighbors van packed to the hilt leaving when school got out last week.

We are also having a huge ice and snow storm here and it has been quiet(no music-YES!) except for the neighbor that doesn't know how to drive in snow trying to go somewhere this morning. All I could hear was VROOM VROOM-it never occured to him to put something under the wheels plus straighten up his wheels when he tried to go. I had to laugh because when he gave up he left his van sitting halfway out in the street.

On the con side I haven't been anywhere for a few days as the illegals definately do not know how to drive in snow and ice.

Enjoy it while you can. (The illegals being home, I mean. Not the ice.) Next year will be a tough one for those of us that still cherish our sovereignty. It'll be a fight!
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

They may have come down to sunny Florida. It's not hard for them to blend in. There has been more of them here from various states.

If they are gone, let's hurry up and build the fence and maybe 1/4th of them will be left in their own countries. I know, its one hell of long shot, but I can dream can't I?
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

MW
    Mayday wrote:

I did see a neighbors van packed to the hilt leaving when school got out last week.
    Probably just coming to North Carolina.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast