Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: How to Reverse Illegal Immigration in America

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

How to Reverse Illegal Immigration in America

How to Reverse Illegal Immigration in America
    by William Gheen
    President of Americans for Legal Immigration PAC ALIPAC
    3/16/2006

Illegal immigration in the United States, can never be fully stopped; however it can be reversed. We can greatly reduce the number of aliens that attempt to enter America illegally, by reversing this flow with remedies that already exist in United States Law. There is a large consensus of support from the American citizenry for the implementation of these remedies to illegal immigration.

Unfortunately, there is a state of non-enforcement of laws , made possible by politicians, greedy corporations, and racially motivated industries that represent less than 10% of the US population, yet wield a great deal of power and influence.

Simply put, America needs to enforce existing laws. Political and media pundits are constantly expounding upon our need to send the right messages to terrorists. Why is it then that many of those same pundits send the wrong message to illegal aliens?

Only by reversing the flow of illegal aliens can we lower pressure on the border. The message we need to send? That America is not open, accommodating, or receptive to those the disrespect our laws and citizenry by entering as illegal aliens. The best messengers to carry this news will be millions of illegal aliens returning to their legal homes, to the nations they are citizens of.

Those that favor open borders and unrestricted immigration into America are constantly offering false dichotomies. They say "Well, do you want to secure the border or focus on interior enforcement?" or "Why are you not focusing on fining employers that hire illegal aliens?" The truth is that we should and must do all of the above. These same apologists for illegal aliens are the same political forces that are sending the message "Come to America and we will not enforce our laws. In fact, we will simply legalize you with the stroke of a pen and enroll you into a Guest Worker Amnesty Program. There you have it! No more illegal aliens."

We need to do many things to reverse the flow of illegal aliens and create the proper market pressures for many of them to leave on their own volition. Our efforts must be on every level of government: federal, state, and local.

The four things we must do are: (1). Secure our Borders. (2.) Crack down on employers that intentionally hire illegal labor. (3.) Remove all benefits such as licenses, in-state tuition, and welfare for illegal aliens. (4.) Empower local police to enforce immigration law.

Broad consensus exists for these measures, as multiple, national and local polls show over 80+% support for each one. From these multiple examples of support, we can see that the American public not only supports these measures, but American citizens are dismayed to discover that each facet has been compromised by an influential political minority.

The current administration in Washington is quick to point out that we are spending more than ever on border security resources. They do not like to mention the fact that over two thirds of our border patrol agents have poor morale because they are being prevented from doing the job they have been sent to do.

We can secure our borders by mounting pressure for the White House to rescind the current orders for our border patrol to only "catch and release" illegal aliens caught at the border. Mexican nationals caught entering the US should not be dropped off just across the border so they can try again the next night. They should be detained, identified, told that a 2nd crossing attempt is a felony. They should then handed over to the Mexican government to be returned to their homes. A Congressional inquiry is needed to ascertain why these insane and useless directives are in place and why most of the border sensor technology the taxpayers have paid for is not in place or operational.

Fining employers is essential, and once again supported by over 80+% of the American public. In 1999 only 400 employers were fined for hiring illegal labor. Under George Bush in 2004, Immigration and Customs Enforcement issued three intent letters but issued ZERO fines. The green light has been given to every business in America that they can hire illegal aliens without fear of enforcement. Thankfully, many states are now training and hiring agents to enforce fines against employers in the absence of the federal government honoring it's Constitutional responsibilities to the citizens of America.

Removing incentives to illegal aliens can be tricky. The Open Borders Lobby are using children and anchor babies as human shields to obtain benefits such as in-state tuition grants for illegal aliens. No American should be forced to pay for services for foreign nationals. Each state and federal elected official must know that illegal aliens should not be given licenses, in-state tuition, mortgages, bank accounts, welfare, or any other benefit short of emergency medical care and law enforcement accommodations before they are deported.

Empowering local police to enforce immigration law is essential, but currently there is confusion about enforcement by local police. Most departments do not realize that Federal law passed in 1996 already allows them to take action. That is why many cities and states are already training their officers for enforcement. Both local political will and funding must exist to set this in motion.

Now picture yourself as an illegal alien in an America where the existing laws are enforced, border patrol is allowed to do their job, employers are fined, benefits have been restricted, and the local police are now involved. Are you getting the message?

A final touch should be the declaration of English as America's national language. New laws must be passed that prohibit government agencies and businesses from discriminating by catering to Spanish speakers. Legal immigrants should be required to have some command of the English language. Current bi-lingual services are provided at a cost to American taxpayers and consumers are specifically designed to aid and abet illegal aliens. All legal immigrants to America should know how to speak American!

Illegal aliens will have trouble finding employment and services. They know if they are deported that getting back in will be more difficult than ever and when they are caught by police for crimes, drinking and driving, or driving without a license they are immediately placed in the deportation line and local officers are sent to their residence to determine the status of others living at that location.

There is no need for mass deportation, random sweeps, or draconian house–to-house searches.

If these measures are put in place, our illegal alien population will shrink instead of grow. This will also allow the employers that have been unscrupulous in their hiring practices to have some adjustment time. It took us years to get into this crisis and it will take years to get out. There will be some pain in the process, but we can send the illegal aliens home on air conditioned, first class buses stocked with diapers, refreshments, and baby formula, to satisfy the most tender-hearted Americans.

I often say in my speeches that "A chair without four legs is not a chair. We must do these four things. This is a true and holistic immigration reform. If we implement, a nation , these four measures, millions of illegal aliens will begin to leave the United States of America. Some will have to be helped on their way through deportation, but we do not have to deport 12 million. We can engage in enforcement through attrition." I've dubbed this "chair" the Krikorian Chair in honor of, Mark Krikorian, of the Center for Immigration Studies. As an admirer of Mr. Krikorian's work, one day I observed him facing down an Open Borders opponent on television by stating that we needed both border security and internal enforcement. Mark then pointed out that a stool needed more than one leg to be effective.

Mr. Krikorian has pointed out that illegal aliens ,in a sense, are migrants. This means they move from place to place. Those of us following this issue in the media have watched how illegal aliens chose states based on enforcement trends and benefits and how they start to leave a town when local officials crack down. Many of our illegal aliens will migrate back to the land they know if we implement Krikorian's Chair and send the correct message which is "Illegals Go Home!"

Another good analogy to use is being in a boat that has holes in the hull and is taking on water. Much like America, the boat will remain afloat for awhile but then pass a point where she starts to sink rapidly.

Right now, we are taking on much more water than we are bailing out. We need to plug some of the holes to reduce the flow of water. We need to increase the amount of water we are bailing out. We need to throw unneeded cargo weight off of the boat to alleviate pressure. Only when this is done will the situation improve for us.

Most importantly we need to identify those that have punched the holes in our boat and are standing there saying let's allow all of the water to stay in the boat and more to come in! These captains of doom need to be removed from political office, positions in the media, and positions of political influence.

----------------------------------------------------

William Gheen is the President of Americans for Legal Immigration Political Action Committee or ALIPAC found at www.alipac.us He also serves as a legislative assistant in North Carolina. William is a veteran campaign consultant with experience in over 40 campaigns. He can be contacted at WilliamG@alipac.us or 919-787-6009.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

dxd
    There were mass deportations in 1929 and 1954. Deporting illegal aliens and sealing our border(s) and coasts will solve the problem. For example, there can be no illegal aliens working in the U.S., if there are no illegal aliens in the U.S.

DEPORT ILLEGAL ALIENS
    USE THE MILITARY TO SEAL THE BORDER

MR. WILLIAM is there an opportunity you can be PRESIDENT for THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA??????

“We should not have to fight this battle--our existing immigration laws should have been enforced before now,” Gheen said. “We are fighting because we must fight. The stakes are too high and the damages are too great. The American spirit that has defended our nation and our way of life before is rising and the US Congress would be well advised to get right with the public on this issue for they will feel the wrath of our legal citizens at the ballot box in 2006. Their wealth and their influence will not save them if they continue to promote or neglect illegal immigration.”

Everything is said about this problem.

Every time i read something new about you i am more and more amazed.

Very well written, I completly agree with you on all points.

Like I've told people, we don't need to "round em' up and deport em,'" we can achieve border security and remove illegals through better means.

EDIT:

I want to clear up any confusion about what I said. Many opponents of immigration enforcement claim "there is no way you can just round up and deport all the illegals." I am not against deportation, but people like that mistakingly think that is all we want to do. If we cut off the loopholes and incentives that keep them coming here (ie: free health care, employment, anchor baby benefits, etc.) then many will just leave and won't require deportation. The current illegal population - excluding those who are entering - will decrease by 400 to 500 thousand per year according to some studies. Cutting the incentives would surely raise those numbers and convince others not to come. That is what I was referring to in my above statement. I should have made myself more clear.

dxd
    iamblueman4,
    RE:Like I've told people, we don't need to "round em' up and deport em,'" we can achieve border security and remove illegals through better means.

I DISAGREE. What is the basis for your statement? Do you have any real world experience to back it up? What are these "better means"?I live in a community that is invaded by illegal aliens and illegal hiring has been enforced by using local laws and overcrowded houses have been remedied using local laws and they DO NOT go away. There are still hundreds of men standing on the streets NOT WORKING. Perhaps I should post some pictures so those who do not live the reality of the situation can become informed of what an invasion and occupation looks like.

Here is one of many:

DEPORT ILLEGAL ALIENS(sweeps, round-ups, door to door)
    USE THE MILITARY TO SEAL OUR BORDER

Quote Originally Posted by dxd
    iamblueman4,
    RE:Like I've told people, we don't need to "round em' up and deport em,'" we can achieve border security and remove illegals through better means.

I DISAGREE. What is the basis for your statement? Do you have any real world experience to back it up? What are these "better means"?I live in a community that is invaded by illegal aliens and illegal hiring has been enforced by using local laws and overcrowded houses have been remedied using local laws and they DO NOT go away. There are still hundreds of men standing on the streets NOT WORKING. Perhaps I should post some pictures so those who do not live the reality of the situation can become informed of what an invasion and occupation looks like.

Here is one of many:

DEPORT ILLEGAL ALIENS(sweeps, round-ups, door to door)
    USE THE MILITARY TO SEAL OUR BORDER
    This is one of favorite pictures! They look like such clean-cut, handsome men. You know, the type of men that I would bring home to have my mother meet.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

dxd

This is what our community looks like. I don't see anyone "self-deporting" Do you?

dxd
    How about this? Is this what "self-deportation" looks like?

Dxd,

Why would we expect any auto-deportation to be happening when our border is not secured and our current immigration laws go unenforced?

You say that things have been tried in your area and failed? Why would you expect some limited local initiatives to prevail in the absence of broader enforcement?

You do realize that that those that want open borders and more illegal immigration are targeting people that say "We need to mass deport all 12 million of them!"

Do you understand why they are pointing you out to benefit their goals for open borders? Do you understand why your statements are on the lips of our enemies?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

dxd
    ALIPAC,
    RE:You do realize that that those that want open borders and more illegal immigration are targeting people that say "We need to mass deport all 12 million of them!"

"Targeting"?? Yes I guess so, since I have been threatened many times and my person and/or property has been physically attacked many times.....but....They have learned that REAL AMERICANS DO NOT RUN SCARED!!!!

So do you realize that when anyone is afraid to say DEPORT ILLEGAL ALIENS they take you for a sap that is willing to surrender your country?

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast