Page 442 of 740 FirstFirst ... 342392432438439440441442443444445446452492542 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,420 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    The truth about delegates, our momentum and the SIX upcoming state conventions THIS weekend!

Submitted by 2012R3V0LUT10N on Mon, 05/14/2012 - 15:50

Seeing a lot of naysayers and negative posts since this weekend and wanted to set the record straight. We ARE on a roll and YES we can win! Romney is losing delegates as we gain delegates. To point you towards the truth and enlighten you I would like to point you towards this weekend's SIX state conventions.

G-Gingrich
    P-Paul
    R-Romney
    S-Santorum
    U-Unallocated

These are the six state conventions being held this weekend and the PRE fabricated MSM projections...

1) Vermont 0G 4P 9R 4S
    2) South Carolina 23G 0P 2R 0S
    3) Georgia 52G 0P 21R 3S
    4) Michigan 0G 0P 16R 4S
    5) Minnesota 0G 20P 0R 2S 15U
    6) Mississippi 12G 0P 12R 13S

Totals 83G 24P 60R 26S 15U

Now out of these SIX state conventions Romney is likely to only walk away with one. That being Vermont.

Gingrich will likely walk away with SC and GA but with fewer than what is estimated above.

Ron Paul is Likely to sweep Michigan, Minnesota, and Mississippi.

To point you in the right directions here is what is happening. The MSM has basically been fabricating all the numbers to Romneys advantage. This is about to work AGAINST them. Now Romneys numbers are going to start to drop as Ron Pauls rises!

Please bump this for a little visibility and to negate the negativity growing around here.

We are far from done with this! We take this to TAMPA where we will unite and win the BATTLE OF TAMPA!

The truth about delegates, our momentum and the SIX upcoming state conventions THIS weekend! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

May 15 GOP Primaries: Nebraska, Oregon & Idaho - Open Thread

Submitted by The Daily Paul on Mon, 05/14/2012 - 15:00
    Ron Paul 2012

Oregon

Voting tomorrow: Nebraska, Oregon & Idaho

Post your news, observations and insights in the comments below.

May 15 GOP Primaries: Nebraska, Oregon & Idaho - Open Thread | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Urgent Notice For Delegates Alternates And Future/Current Precinct Committeemen!

Submitted by Muffin on Mon, 05/14/2012 - 18:29
    Delegates

DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE WE DID HERE IN AZ!

Because of the outspoken nature of our supporters (delegates, alternates, and guests) we have lost ground and some of our GOP support.

DO NOT HECKLE, BOO, CHANT, OR OTHERWISE YELL OR DISRUPT THE CONVENTION OR CAUCUSES OF YOUR STATES, COUNTIES, OR DISTRICTS!

It turns people away that would have otherwise voted or supported RP people. It also degrades our message and credibility. We are already fighting an uphill battle and don't need to be making the hill any steeper for ourselves.

ENCOURAGE ALL OF YOUR DELEGATES, ALTERNATES, and GUESTS to remain respectful and if you can, appoint a team to make motions (at least one in each district). That way you don't have the confusion of 100 people yelling at once. Also try to get a parliamentarian and TRAIN YOUR PEOPLE. We sort of went in blind, but ABOVE ALL BE RESPECTFUL AND SILENT. You won't alienate anyone, you won't give the establishment any ammo, and it will be easier to organize and hear floor motions.

GET YOUR PEOPLE TO BECOME Precinct Committeemen!

Urgent Notice For Delegates Alternates And Future/Current Precinct Committeemen! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

1. I can almost hear the Federal Reserve Beast SCREAM and Writh in AGONY that Ron Paul is NOT Dropping out of the Race but working the same Plan he has had all along

2. Sorry Romney ... you already lost the Nomination

3. The Drudge Report really made an ass out of itself on this one

as a side bar.... Ron Paul is going to smoke Obama like a cheap cigar in the fall; DIBOLD better start voting for Obama now
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-14-2012 at 09:30 PM.

Jesse Benton, I want to shake your hand, brother

Submitted by i_am_free on Mon, 05/14/2012 - 20:03
    Ron Paul 2012

After many months of being the "fall guy" for every perceived problem with the campaign, I must say: well played, sir.

As the campaign's grand design begins to materialize, Jesse's "transgressions" are disappearing in a puff of smoke. It is now apparent that this has been a balancing act from the very beginning. He had to downplay our true strengths to the MSM just enough to stay under the radar while simultaneously staying afloat in the eyes of the grassroots, even if it meant damaging his personal image. A lot of people got pissed off in the process, myself included, but in hindsight he and his personality were perfect for the job.

That's not to say there haven't been some real missteps, every campaign has some, but these guys clearly had a long-term strategy and kept it under wraps quite well. This thing is NOT over and thanks to some brilliant minds, we still have a REAL chance to take our country back this summer/fall.

So for all of us now seeing this campaign in a new light, I say "Hey Jesse, we owe you a Coke."

Jesse Benton, I want to shake your hand, brother | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

The "Trash Can Delegation" From Norfolk - We Were Reinstated At The District Convention Where Everyone Cleaned House!

Submitted by sharkhearted on Mon, 05/14/2012 - 13:20
    Ron Paul 2012

Virginia

Update from Virginia.

In the 3rd congressional district, which contains the largest naval base in the world, so right in the center of the Military Industrial Complex, Ron Paul supporters carried the district in the primary, and I am proud to say, made a clean sweep in the district convention:

1) 3 national delegates and three alternate delegates
    2) 3 central committee members
    3) 1 elector
    4) And a new Chair of the 3rd District

The new chair Chris Stearns, is a young, energetic, articulate, Ron Paul supporter. He brought about 100 new delegates (including me) to the convention, infusing it with alot of new blood.

The old chair, a slob by the name of Chris Woodfin, disappeared at the end of the meeting early. At first I thought he had bowed out to save face of getting defeated...but, it turns out, he was apparently arrested on some other charges.

I, and 19 other new delegates from Norfolk, are part of what we will call the "Trashcan Delegation."

When Chris Stearns submitted the 20 delegate applications from Norfolk...Woodfin and/or his compatriot Aaron Gulbransen for some reason, tossed us in the trash!

Whether or not this was just out of spite against Stearns as he was vying for the position of chair, or that they suspected that we were RP supporters...doesn't really matter at this point....they broke the law either way.

The head of the state GOP, when he found out about this, he was reportedly "shaking with anger."

Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli, when HE found out about our applications being tossed into the trashcan, cancelled an event to speak at a Norfolk Republican event, in protest.

Well, I can tell you that the VA State GOP plays fair, save for these few bad apples who have corrupted the process. And in general the VA state GOP, even if they might back Romney in general, they made it CLEAR that they welcome Ron Paul delegates and all who care to participate in the delegate process.

Alls well that ends well, though. One of the county chairs thoughtfully contacted us (the "Trashcan Delegation") by letter and phone and had drafted a resolution for us to be reinstated and be able to participate in the district convention!

12 of the 20 showed for the event, and we were reinstated, and got to join our Norfolk delegation! The convention audience even applauded, so that was nice. And then we all cleaned house in the election.

Well...I was going to let this trashcan incident slide, when, while the Norfolk delegation was sitting waiting for the vote tally and quietly conversing, Mr. Woodfin's compatriot (I think Woodfin had already "left"), Aaron Gulbransen, came over to us and said point blank:

"Oh. And by the way. Mr. Woodfin did not do that [tossing our applications in the trash] to you. I did."

Then he walked away.

At first we thought it was a joke...but it turned out he was dead serious.

So, like I said, I was going to let it slide...but because he came over and had the audacity to gloat about such a thing, I am going to be filing a formal complaint with the Commonwealth's Attorney (and there might be more of us "trashcan delegates" doing the same) pressing charges under the code of Virginia, all of the following are class 5 felonies:

Section 24.2 - 1001 "Willful neglect or corrupt conduct"

Section 24.2 - 1009 "Stealing or tampering with ballot containers, voting or registration equipment, software, records, or documents"

Section 24.2 - 1015 "Conspiracy against rights of citizens under this title"

It is not my nature to go around pressing charges, but unless these individuals come forward with a formal, sincere apologies, I (we) will have no choice but to move ahead with the charges.

The type of chicanery and thuggery that they performed is more akin to Nazi Germany than a democratic republic and it will not be tolerated!

Let the battle begin. Ron Paul 2012!

Christopher M.
    Norfolk, VA

The "Trash Can Delegation" From Norfolk - We Were Reinstated At The District Convention Where Everyone Cleaned House! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Take Notice: Schedule For State Conventions, Primaries, And State Meetings By Chronological Date (With Romney-Paul Count)

Submitted by Paul Or We Fall 2012 on Fri, 05/11/2012 - 17:25
    Events

I thought this would be useful to everyone here at dailypaul.com

Willard "Mitt" Romney:313 Delegates ( 1 CD from VA since last update)

Ronald "Ron" Paul: 125 Delegates (15 CD from VA since last update)

5/12 Oklahoma State Convention (43 Delegates) [RED STATE]*
    5/12 Arizona State Convention (29 Delegates)[RED STATE]*
    5/12-5/13 Wisconsin State Convention (42 Delegates)[Yellow]**
    5/12-5/13 Hawaii State Convention (20 Delegates RNC 3) [Yellow]**
    5/15 Nebraska PRIMARY (35 Delegates)
    5/15 Oregon PRIMARY (28 Delegates)
    5/18 Georgia State Convention (38 Delegates***
    5/18 Michigan State Convention (30 Delegates)
    5/18-5/19 Minnesota State Convention (13 At-large Delegates)
    5/19 S. Carolina State Convention (25 Delegates)
    5/19 Vermont State Convention (17 Delegates)
    5/22 Kentucky PRIMARY (45 Delegates)
    5/22 Arkansas PRIMARY (36 Delegates)
    5/23-5/24 New York State Convention (95 Delegates)
    5/29 Texas PRIMARY (155 Delegates)
    5/31-6/2 Washington State Convention (43 Delegates)

6/2 Missouri State Convention (52 Delegates)
    6/2 Florida State Convention (50 Delegates)
    6/2 Louisiana State Convention (46 Delegates)
    6/2 Mississippi State Convention (40 Delegates)
    6/3 N. Carolina State Convention (55 Delegates)
    6/5 California PRIMARY (172 Delegates)
    6/4 New Jersey PRIMARY (50 Delegates)
    6/5 South Dakota PRIMARY (28 Delegates)
    6/5 Montana PRIMARY (26 Delegates)
    6/5 New Mexico PRIMARY (23 Delegates)
    6/7-6/9 Texas State Convention (155 Delegates OFFICIALLY determined)
    6/8-6/9 Illinois State Convention (69 Delegates)
    6/8-6/9 Indiana State Convention (46 Delegates)
    6/10 Pennsylvania State Convention (78 Delegates)
    6/15 Massachusetts State Meeting (22 Delegates)
    6/15 Iowa State Convention (12 Delegates)
    6/16 Virginia State Convention (49 Delegates)
    6/21-6/24 Idaho State Convention (32 Delegates)
    6/26 Utah Primary (40 Delegates)

Sources: The Real 2012 Delegate Count for the Republican Primaries & Caucuses, dailypaul.com members

* Due to the chaos that unfolded in Oklahoma and Arizona, source has marked these states as red (unclear majority)

** While source lists these states of having conventions that have passed, nothing is left determined and the states remain yellow.

***A member on dailypaul.com has informed me that only half of the Georgia delegates will be chosen on the 18th of May, others were already selected. This shall be looked into.

Note: Dates for state conventions of states that have yet to hold a primary are not listed by the source.

The source states that there are also SOME unbound Rick Santorum delegates, however, NOT EVERY Santorum delegate is unbound.

Take Notice: Schedule For State Conventions, Primaries, And State Meetings By Chronological Date (With Romney-Paul Count) | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Jesse Benton to Politico: Paul feared convention mayhem...didn't like disrespect at recent events

Submitted by jay0718 on Mon, 05/14/2012 - 20:35
    Ron Paul 2012

From Politco:

Ron Paul’s message to the GOP

By James Hohmann, May 14, 2012

Ron Paul sent a message to the GOP establishment Monday that he’s not looking to cause mayhem at this summer’s Republican National Convention.

By announcing that he won’t compete in the remaining primaries, Paul tacitly assured the party that he didn’t intend to disrupt the likely Tampa coronation of Mitt Romney. And he also telegraphed to even the hardest core of his hope-trumping-evidence supporters that he might not, after all, be the 2012 nominee...

"...'It concerns him,' campaign chairman Jesse Benton told POLITICO. 'He wants to convey to everybody and our staff want to convey that we’ll lose more than we gain if we go and we’re disrespectful. Respect and decorum are very important to Dr. Paul.'

'You need to give respect to get respect,' he added. 'We are confident that there will be mutual respect at the convention. We want to make sure that we take every step we can to make sure that happens.'..."

Continue reading at Politco

Jesse Benton to Politico: Paul feared convention mayhem...didn't like disrespect at recent events | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

One Word...Believe!

Submitted by jdh1228 on Mon, 05/14/2012 - 21:29
    Ron Paul 2012

After today's letter I have watched the media spin this as "Dropping Out", "Suspending his Campaign", etc. I have read negative comments all over the place! But, let's really look at the situation.
    A few weeks back RP held a "Tax Day Money Bomb" with a goal of $2.5 million, they only raised ~$1.6 million.

Last week he asked for $625,000...I'm not sure how that went, but I read the Campaign only has about ~$1.5 million available.

Today, he announces he needs to concentrate his resources on the states where he is fighting to capture as many Delegates as possible, instead of wasting money on travel, hotels, security, venues, commercials, etc.

In regards to campaigning in the remaining states, he stated "Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have."
    We want him to KEEP FIGHTING!! we want him to "Be in it to win it"!!

What can WE do then?!

GIVE HIM THE MEANS TO DO IT...HOW?

BIGGEST MONEY BOMB EVER!!!....$10 million IN ONE DAY!!

100,000 donations of $100...

OR 1 million donations of $10!

That's 2 drinks on a Friday night!

That's two fewer packs of cigarettes.

That's one less meal at McDonald's.

That's 2 fewer Skinny Vanilla Latte's in a week!

1 million people give $10

Get the word out....write an email to all your friends...post on Facebook...tweet it non stop...WE have to take this country back!
    WE CAN DO THIS!

BELIEVE!

https://secure.ronpaul2012.com/

One Word...Believe! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Ron Paul NOT Quitting! Just Changing Campaigning Strategy