Page 679 of 740 FirstFirst ... 179579629669675676677678679680681682683689729 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,790 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 7 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Epic Fail: The GOP’s Pitiful Attempt At A ‘Tribute’ To Ron Paul

by Andrew Kirell | 11:52 am, August 30th, 2012
    » 17 comments

Last night, we reported on the Republican National Convention’s tribute video for Rep. Ron Paul, full of praise for the outspoken sorta-libertarian who has done an exceptional amount to change the conversation in Washington. The video featured various Republicans heaping praise on the outgoing congressman for his consistency, his fiscal responsibility, and his dedication to never backing down on his principles.

Let me be a downer here and say: The GOP isn’t fooling anyone.

It’s clear the party is at least somewhat afraid of losing the Paulites to Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson (or Obama, or non-voting), and this “tribute” video — much like the party’s newfound “respect” for Paul — came off as an overproduced attempt to save face with a group the stodgy, fickle GOP has mistreated, ignored, and wished away over the last five years.

The video made frequent mention of Paul’s efforts to reduce the federal deficit and added boilerplate praise for his “fiscal responsibility” and “never back down”-ness, but it conveniently glossed over the many important issues that have made Paul so attractive to his followers — issues that the Republican Party seems entirely unwilling to incorporate into their platform.

The tribute did make slight nods to Paul’s belief in sound money and his fight to audit the Federal Reserve. But it ignored Paul’s fight to end GOP sacred cows like the costly and futile War on Drugs; his fight to protect civil liberties from executive overreach like the PATRIOT Act; and his battle against an unsustainable foreign policy of “maintaining empire” and playing World Police.

The video also neglected to mention just how Paul would like to cut the deficit.

Instead of the mainstream Republicans’ supposedly “radical” plans to cut from future spending growth, Paul wants to slash budgets left and right… especially the GOP’s sacred-cow national defense. He wants to end all corporate tax loopholes; something the GOP is reluctant to touch. He considers such “pro-business” tax manipulation to be synonymous with crony capitalism.

The GOP must have thought this video could placate Paul supporters enough to get their vote. Plenty of Republican officials expressed certainty that the Texas congressman will leave the convention fully endorsing the Romney/Ryan ticket. Despite Paul telling Fox’s Neil Cavuto that he has “no plans” to endorse, Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer said she is certain he will hop on the bandwagon.

But that’s just haughty. And wrong. Because until the party actually tries to change instead of occasionally throwing a superficial bone to Paul, then you can expect many of his supporters to maintain a firm position of “not voting for Romney.”

Want proof? Look to the little-reported fact that Paul’s delegates staged a walk-out immediately following the tribute video.

They walked out, and will likely continue to walk out, because the difference between Paul’s following and the GOP’s rank-and-file “Ew, it’s Romney, but we must support him” types is that the former truly believe in consistency and principles, and are wholly interested in maintaining it, while the latter seem blind in their belief that this Romney/Ryan ticket will somehow “save” the country while shutting out the the voices of actual change.

Watch the tribute video below:

Epic Fail: The GOP’s Pitiful Attempt At A ‘Tribute’ To Ron Paul | Mediaite

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 08-30-2012 at 12:56 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Esquire Magazine: Rule 15 and the Great RNC Screwing of Ron Paul

Submitted by GBAmerica on Thu, 08/30/2012 - 08:04
    Current Events

Rule 15 and the Great RNC Screwing of Ron Paul
    TAMPA, Fla. — By the time the balloons fall, and Willard Romney and his faithful zombie-eyed granny-starving companion are waving to the adoring throngs who, a mere eight months ago, thought Romney to be a RINO squish in magic underwear, nobody is going to remember what happened on Tuesday afternoon. Well, that's not true. Cindy Lake and Lori Steed are going to remember. Oh, my lord, are they going to remember.

"I literally have 5,000 e-mails in my in-box from people all over the country who didn't want to see 15 a, b, and c pass," said Lake, a delegate from Nevada. "This morning we got into the rules committee, and the chairman called the meeting to order, and Morton Blackwell's bus was detained, he was not in meeting. The chairman said, due to the weather, and because we have three days instead of four, we're going to limit discussion."

"Well, apparently, a tyrannical takeover of our party will happen," said Steed, an Oklahoma delegate. "I don't understand why everybody else is standing and cheering.

Either they're clueless about what they just did, or they're in favor of not having their voices heard anymore."

Read more:
    http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/rule-15-ron-paul-rnc-1...

Esquire Magazine: Rule 15 and the Great RNC Screwing of Ron Paul | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Conservatives charge Team Romney with ‘political malpractice;’ nasty fight still possible at RNC

Submitted by GBAmerica on Thu, 08/30/2012 - 07:56
    Current Events

Washington Examiner - TAMPA — Despite reports of a compromise, there is still substantial unhappiness among many delegates to the Republican convention over a package of party rules changes proposed by the Romney campaign. The fight — which one conservative delegate calls the result of Team Romney’s “political malpractice” — could break into the open today, as delegates debate various proposals to resolve the conflict.

The short version of the story is that the changes would give the party’s presidential nominee more control over how individual states choose their delegates to the national convention. In this cycle, there have been bitter fights in some states as supporters of Ron Paul, who did not win any primaries or caucuses, tried to exploit the rules at local, district, and state-level conventions to win delegates. If the proposed new rules, introduced by Romney campaign lawyer Ben Ginsberg, had been in effect this year, Mitt Romney, as the presumptive nominee, would have had significant control over that delegation-selection process.

Continue: http://washingtonexaminer.com/conservatives-charge-team-romn...

Conservatives charge Team Romney with

Ron Paul Supporter Has His Business Boycotted

Submitted by amberwaves on Thu, 08/30/2012 - 11:56
    DP Community Member News
    Georgia

Alexander from Georgia says:

Hi! I'm a small business owner in Valdosta, GA. Recently the president of the Lowndes County NAACP started a boycott against my shop, Divided by Zero, after posing a question on our facebook page "Why do you have a Ron Paul sign in front of your business?

Do you not want any black customers?"

The thread has gotten over 400 comments since being posted four days ago.

I'm looking for Ron Paul supporters to show that this question is absurd.

The post is located at :
    http://www.facebook.com/dbznovelties/posts/325655294197462?n...

Ron Paul Supporter Has His Business Boycotted | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Nevada Receives Sharp Criticism for Not Sticking to Binding - TS!

Submitted by ausscyn on Thu, 08/30/2012 - 12:01
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum
    Nevada

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/aug/30/nevada-delegatio...

Another article about us. List is a moron if he thinks we'll go away. His last statement in the article is hilarious. I want to say to him, "You thinking we'll go away & be replaced by other conservatives & independents, is like saying the sun will go away & be replaced by the moon. That will NEVER happen! Go take your spit-spewing invective elsewhere!"

List is the guy who called our Delegate Chair, Dr. Wayne Terhune, an SOB after the Roll Call vote.

Nevada Receives Sharp Criticism for Not Sticking to Binding - TS! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Morton Blackwell: Fake Gop Convention Compromise. Conservatives Must Not Back Down! Demand Roll Call Vote!

Submitted by GBAmerica on Thu, 08/30/2012 - 08:10
    Current Events

Morton Blackwell: FAKE GOP Convention Compromise. Conservatives Must Not Back Down! Demand Roll Call Vote!

Attention Republican National Delegates: DO NOT BACK DOWN. Go forward with the Minority Report. Reject these bad rule changes. DO NOT BELIEVE THE FAKE COMPROMISE. DEMAND A ROLL CALL VOTE!

This Morning I got an urgent email from Cathie Adams of Texas Eagle Forum. Cathie got an email last night at 3am from from trusted national conservative figure Morton Blackwell. Blackwell says that the compromise we have heard about is a fake that is meant to get conservatives to back down and not submit a minority report opposing these bad rule changes.

The compromise only covers ONE of the bad rule changes anyway. There are other bad rule changes that need to be defeated, such as the proposed change that would allow the RNC to change the Party rules between conventions and with no approval from the delegates.

http://texasgopvote.com/regions/united-states/morton-blackwe...

See also: RNC Bus Driver “Gets Lost” Forcing VA Delegates to Miss Crucial Rules Change Vote

Morton Blackwell: Fake Gop Convention Compromise. Conservatives Must Not Back Down! Demand Roll Call Vote! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

G.O.P. = P.O.S.

Submitted by empireisalwaysevil on Thu, 08/30/2012 - 08:58
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum
    DP Original

The old acronym "GOP" for "Grand Old Party" is anachronistic. It really doesn't fit anymore, as open corruption, lawlessness and tyranny within its ranks lurches towards absolute one-man rule. So, it's time to change the acronym from "GOP" to "POS", which stands for (among other things):

"Party of Stalin"

Stalin would feel right at home in the new GOP. One man, the media-anointed fake establishment "nominee", can now hand pick his toadiest of toadies to be delegates to his sham convention, if the state parties fail to genuflect to Dear Leader with enough servility. And, like Stalin, the "nominee" can eliminate all opposition with the stroke of his pen. The "POS" is a would-be Stalin's dream come true. Grand it's not, though it's as old as tyranny itself.

Welcome back to the Dark Ages. The "POS" will take us there (if we let it).

G.O.P. = P.O.S. | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Video: The Teleprompter Had the Results of the Vote Before the Vote was Taken!

Submitted by Ed Thinking on Thu, 08/30/2012 - 11:23
    Re: the Vote on Rule 12 and 16.

Here is what you did not see on the "mainstream" news media. The teleprompter had the results of the vote before the vote was taken.
    Text: in the opinion of the Chair, the "ayes" have it! Go to the 2:00 minute mark to see the pre-fabricated "opinion of the Chair"

Must see and share:

Video: The Teleprompter Had the Results of the Vote Before the Vote was Taken! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Why my family is not voting for Mitt Romney

Submitted by bronko on Thu, 08/30/2012 - 11:00
    So my wife is a big blogger sort and a few days ago she briefly mentioned that we support and plan to vote for Ron Paul in November. As you suspect, we got many comments about "we need to unite behind Romney to beat Obama" and "a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Obama" yadda yadda yadda.

My wife graciously allowed me to pseudo-blog for her to explain why we will not vote for MR and while I tried to keep it short so people will actually read it, I may have too much. Anyway, if some people could critique it for me real quick to make sure it makes sense and the facts are clear enough/correct, that would be awesome.

Note that most readers of this blog are Christian mainstream conservative Republicans, the usual type:

"Why we will not be voting for Mitt Romney (Not for Obama either)

Guest post by Brian:

I understand that in no way is this blog suppose to be political, but it is a family blog, and this is something very important to our family. I know there are many out there that use this argument for staying out of politics:

“I don’t need to worry about politics, God is in control.”

Yes. Yes he is. Hallelujah! Can I get an AMEN!!

Well while you’re staying out of politics, you might as well quit your job. After all, God will provide.

After Keri posted the video by GWDIFJTHISMAKESNOSENSESJAFISIFJSI, she received a reply from a friend of a friend, which in a very short summary said the same thing I hear ALL THE TIME:

“I really respect Ron Paul and understand why his supporters like him, but Romney is the nominee and we can’t take another 4 years of Obama in office, so we need to unite behind Romney.”

Ok, I’ll play along. Let’s say we all unite behind Romney and now Obama is out of office.

Now what?

What changes?

“I know! Obamacare! It’s got to go!”

Ah, yes, Obamaca… sorry, I mean the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Yes, that does have to go. Anybody know where Obama got the blueprint for Obamacare? You guessed it, the governor of Massachussets, Mitt Romney.

“But Mitt Romney said he would repeal Obamacare.”

Yes, he did say that. His exact campaign slogan was “Repeal and replace.” The question is, replace with what? Does it make it better if a Republican does it? Is Romneycare OK?

Mitt Romney Flip-Flopping On National Healthcare / Obamacare Again! - YouTube

Mitt Romney Flip Flop #1,712: Obamacare Mandate A Tax - YouTube

“Ok, ok, but Obama is just anti-constitution.”

Ah, well Mitt Romney must be spot on as far as the constitution goes.

(If you have never heard of these laws or don’t know much about them, I encourage you to look into them.)

Patriot Act – a.k.a. The “Repeal the 4th Amendment Act”
    “I can’t believe Obama signed this into law.”

Hold on, hold on, hold on. This wasn’t Obama. This was a Republican that signed this into law. Our dear President Bush Jr. And will Romney repeal this? Of course not.

Mitt Romney on the Patriot Act - YouTube

(Fun history: Chuck Baldwin -- Did President Bush Really Say That?

Excerpt: During that same meeting, Thompson quotes an aide as telling Mr. Bush, "There is a valid case that the provisions in this law [the Patriot Act] undermine the Constitution." Thompson quotes the President as screaming back, "Stop throwing the Constitution in my face. It's just a g-d- piece of paper!")

The National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA)- Indefinite detention

Bye, bye due process and habeas corpus. Surely Mitt Romney would repeal this:

Nope.

Mitt Romney - Yes I would Sign NDAA - YouTube

Undeclared Wars

This one is my favorites that really shows Romney’s prowess with the Constitution:

Ron Paul vs Mitt Romney on Foreign Policy and Iran and War Preparation - YouTube

In case you weren’t aware, the President does not have the power to go to war, that is the Congress’ job. Something about checks and balances, I don’t know…

“Ok, fine. Romney may not be the most constitutionally savvy candidate, but he’s still better than Obama. Plus, it’s really our economy that is suffering. Romney is a businessman. Also, look! He’s got Paul Ryan as a VP who plans on balancing the budget.”

You’re right, Paul Ryan’s budget plan sets to balance the budget….. by 2030. So the best we can do is take 18 years just to balance a budget? Our national debt is closing in on 16 trillion, but we applaud a balanced budget in 18 years? Obviously they don’t think it’s as serious as they should.
    Also, and I’m going to touch on this briefly, even though it’s a MAJOR subject, but that is of the Federal Reserve. I STRONGLY encourage you research this. Maybe even read Ron Paul’s book “End the Fed.” (You can borrow my copy, it’s a fairly short read).

But will Mitt Romney do anything about the Federal Reserve? Nope. In fact, he told Larry Kudlow on The Kudlow Report that he wouldn’t worry about it at all. See for yourself:
    Mitt Romney: "I'm Not Going To Focus On The Fed" - YouTube

Awesome, fun, simple to understand cartoon on what the Federal Reserve system does, why it’s bad, and why it must be audited/ended:
    The American Dream By The Provocateur Network - YouTube

Oh, and if you happen to need Duck Tales to explain the Federal Reserve and the problems with inflation:
    Duck Tales Inflation Lesson - YouTube

“But a vote for Ron Paul (or Gary Johnson) is a vote for Obama.”

The more I get into politics, the more I realize that there is very little difference between the two parties. They both are taking away the rights of citizens, they are both for more war, they are both for increasing the role of the federal government, they both increase the federal deficit, and they both tell Americans otherwise. So I don’t look at it between a vote between Republican and Democrat. I look at it as a vote between the status quo and constitutional principles.

Ok, I told Keri that I wouldn’t make this too long, so I’m going to end with this point:

“Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.” – John Quincy Adams

I can’t, with clean conscience, vote FOR someone that I believe is continuing to lead America in the wrong direction, even if he’s doing so at a slower pace than the “other guy.”
    I can prove that Republicans and Democrats are the same anyway: The Other Side | ZeroHedge

(humorous)

You may agree with me, you may not. That’s totally fine. I can’t tell you what to do, but I encourage you to look into things for yourself. Find out what Ron Paul has consistently been saying for the last 30 years. Find out who Gary Johnson is.

Even better idea: look at what the constitution says.
    Thanks for letting me steal your blog, Keri!"

What do you think?

Why my family is not voting for Mitt Romney | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Mitten's the Globalist PONZI King Will not get my vote

He's so Electric he doesnt need any of our votes

More Info on Today's Delegate Press Conference! "Just hours before Mitt Romney's acceptance speech"

Submitted by D4L on Thu, 08/30/2012 - 09:34
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

I was searching for some info on other things but ran across this accidentally!

In Tampa, disgruntled Ron Paul devotees plan protest press conference

TAMPA — Disgruntled Ron Paul supporters who say they feel like the Republican National Committee is forcing party unity on them plan a press conference just hours before Mitt Romney’s acceptance speech Thursday.

Bobby Eskenberry, an alternate delegate for Colorado and Ron Paul supporter, says the press conference is meant to be respectful to Romney, but will give voice to people who think the Republican National Committee is being coercive this week in Florida.

Continued: http://blogs.denverpost.com/thespot/2012/08/29/tampa-disgrun...

More Info on Today's Delegate Press Conference! "Just hours before Mitt Romney's acceptance speech" | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution