Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Roundabout, good comments. My question is...if we look back 10 years from now and despite all of our effors we have an even bigger IA problem, will we look sadly upon the fact that the U.S. never implemented a new ID? Will it be too late by then? Would our response be "I would rather have my country overun by another invading country and it's economy destroyed than to have an ID that could have potentially turned into a tool for "big brother"? To put it simply, which is the lesser of two evils? One answer might be that I would rather still have my country, even under the eyes of "big brother" than to live in a country that is no longer recognizable and I have become the new minority. Food for thought?

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    TexasBorn,

I believe we are doing something right here and right now. We are raising the awareness level in America reguarding illegal immigration. That may sound simplistic or even over played, but I believe this is critical for starts.

After the last amnesty of the 80's under Reagan, the laws that were passed to prevent a future amnesty were never enforced, Americans went back to sleep. It was not that they could not have helped to avoid this situation that we find ourselves in now, they simply were not enforced.

States and local jurisdictions around the country are implementing laws and enforcing laws already on the books to reverse this trend.

Stop turning a blind eye.

Stop catch and release.

Enforcing our border is starting to work. With enough support and monies this could and will do alot.

More workplace enforcement. This is helping and should have been enforced after the 80's amnesty. It was not enforced.

Enforce the laws on the books. Many jurisdictions have laws on the books concerning how many people can live in a residence, rooms for how many adults? They have not been enforced.

Charge those with fake ID's with felony charges as opposed to catch and release. See what happens to you if you start to run around with a fake ID.

Weed your own flower bed. Or pay an American to do it. That mentality stems from greed and total disreguard of our Constitution and is not just a trivial act thriftyness.

Demand that our politicians enforce the laws that are on the books and pay attention to those politicians who are responsible for enforcement.

The RealId is for those who wish to think that this is the magic bullet that will kill the beast. A boondoggle at best, a corruptable system on the other hand.

Why tax me more? Enforce the laws, show some teeth, lip service has gotten old and stale. Or get out of the way, cause here we come.

Others here will be able to add much more.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

TexasBorn wrote,

"My question is...if we look back 10 years from now and despite all of our effors we have an even bigger IA problem, will we look sadly upon the fact that the U.S. never implemented a new ID?"

A real concern no doubt. I tend to run backwards and look at the fact that the laws already on the books since the Reagan Amnesty were not enforced, why should I think any others will be? The mentality seems to me, to be that issues are raised and NEW laws are proposed, and passed,..................then forgotten after the media fails to remind us.

"Would our response be "I would rather have my country overun by another invading country and it's economy destroyed than to have an ID that could have potentially turned into a tool for "big brother"?"

Why have either? If we do not enforce the laws, what good is a RealId? If the RealId was implemented and a local police stopped a speeder and found them not here legally and that same police officer was told by his superiors that this is an immigration issue and we have our hands tied and cannot do anything about this situation, what then? I have little reason to believe that enforcement will be ongoing after a time of implementation and the lawsuits that will tie up the courts and the orders that will come from above thus putting us right back at square one. Visa overstays were not enforced, how will the RealId help there?

Another way to look at it would be to ask, IF the laws were enforced over 20 yrs. ago, what would our country look like now?

If visa overstays were prosecuted, what would the New York skyline look like now?

If Waco never happened, what would gun laws look like now? The Brady Bill?

To the simpilist end, what would America look like if the American people did in fact pay attention to their politics before corruption as opposed to after the fact?

TexasBorn asks,

"What would John Wayne do?"

I think he would form up a posse and gather much hemp rope and ride to Washington D.C. and decorate the cherry trees!

Quote Originally Posted by Once_A_Democrat
    Quote Originally Posted by POTUS
    National ID Card Schemes - A Quick Recap: www.thenewamerican.com/node/7874
    FYI there's already a central database and it's National. Do you think the Read ID was going to bring this about? It already in use.

I have no problem with having a bio-ID or an ID with a RFID chip and welcome it. The only ones that should have a problem with this iare the illegals.
    Yes I know there's already a Federal database, aka the NCIC.

Yes, the only ones who SHOULD have a problem with the REAL ID, should be illegals, but with the loopholes written into the legislation for "immigrants", I have a problem with it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    POTUS wrote:

National ID Card Schemes - A Quick Recap: www.thenewamerican.com/node/7874
    Hmmm.........interesting. Can we assume the SAVE Act is also on the list of things you don't support. IMHO, no other pro-legal immigration organization the size of NumbersUSA has done more to fight illegal immigration and open borders. I find it very disheartening that you would support an article that bashes them and the SAVE Act.

Am I starting to see a pattern here.
    Yes, the SAVE ACt is also on the list of things I don't support. NumbersUSA has done a lot to fight the illegal invasion, but that doesn't make them infallible.

There is a pattern here. I favor securing the borders, and using laws on the books to enforce our laws on immigration. If the immigration laws on the books aren't enforced, why will new ones be enforced? In addition to securing our borders, the only additional law we need to augment the enforcement provisions of Simpson-Mazzoli, is one that ends birthright citizenship.

POTUS writes,

"the only additional law we need to augment the enforcement provisions of Simpson-Mazzoli, is one that ends birthright citizenship."

POTUS, your a straight shooter. Unlike Cheney, I would not be affraid to go bird hunting with you.

Can you say Number of the beast?

This was foretold of in the Bible. The politicians are counting on most of us having not read it.

MW
    5 wrote:

Can you say Number of the beast?

This was foretold of in the Bible. The politicians are counting on most of us having not read it.
    Great, let's throw in a conspiracy theory to muddy the waters even more (nothing personal because I realize this theory didn't originate with you ). As a Christian, I fervently reject such a nonsensical claim. The Mark of the Beast is not about a number or card, it's a about a mark specifically on your right hand or forehead. IMO, the "Mark of the Beast" argument is just another one of the many detractors thrown out by Real ID opponents in an attempt to divert attention away from the real issue.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789