Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by mbrown
    Since the majority of us already have: A driver's license, a social security number (the ssn is supposed to be filed for at birth now I believe), one, two, or many more bank credit cards, airline cards for travel miles, likely a passport.....I think we are already databased to death. And it is too late to stop it. I don't know what is on those magnetic strips or barcodes on my cards. Do you know what is on the barcodes of your cards now?? BUT, I do not want my personal information shared anymore than necessary. And, since I am not Canadian nor Mexican, it isn't those governments business either.
    If I knew how to quote one sentence...but I don't so have to do it this way..Oldiesback said he has a chip on his passport. How do you know that? Am wondering if mine has one.
    All new passports have a chip with your info. Check for
    the chip sign at the bottom of the cover.

MW
    "DHS Looks for REAL ID
    Air Safety Week, Jan 21, 2008

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) believes a minimum standard is needed for stated-issued driver's licenses and ID cards used to board jetliners amidst a heightened state of aviation security.

DHS recently issued a final rule establishing minimum security standards for state-issued drivers' licenses and identification cards. The rule sets uniform standards that enhance the integrity and reliability of drivers' licenses and identification cards, strengthen issuance capabilities, and increase security at drivers' license and identification card production facilities

"The American public's desire for greater identity protection is undeniable," said Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff. "Americans understand today that the 9/11 hijackers obtained 30 drivers licenses and IDs, and used 364 aliases. For an extra $8 per license, REAL ID will give law enforcement and security officials a powerful advantage against falsified documents."

REAL ID addresses document fraud by setting specific requirements that U.S. States must adopt for compliance, to include: (1) information and security features that must be incorporated into each card; (2) proof of the identity and U.S. citizenship or legal status of an applicant; (3) verification of the source documents provided by an applicant; and (4) security standards for the offices that issue licenses and identification cards.

State-issued driver's licenses serve many purposes, including being the primary identifier for individuals attempting to access a Federal facility, board commercial air transports and enter nuclear power plants.

DHS says terrorists know this, and actively seek this form of identification. These documents provided terrorists with cover to operate freely within the United States by allowing them to open bank accounts to draw down funding, rent places to live, rent cars and board planes. Having secure identification is an important step toward enhancing national security, DHS strongly believes.

The first deadline for compliance with REAL ID is Dec. 31, 2009. By then, U.S. States must upgrade the security of their license systems, to include a check for lawful status of all applicants, to ensure that illegal aliens cannot obtain REAL ID licenses.

Some U.S. States are expected to be compliant well before that time. Compliance will be needed for access into a federal facility, boarding commercial aircraft, and entering nuclear power plants. Federal agencies will continue to accept licenses for official purposes from residents of states that comply with the law.

DHS is making approximately $360 million available to assist U.S. States with REAL ID implementation - $80 million in dedicated REAL ID grants and another $280 million in general funding as part of the Homeland Security Grant Program.

REAL ID was a core 9/11 Commission finding and mandated by Congress in the REAL ID Act of 2005. This final rule follows a Notice of Proposed Rule Making published in the Federal Register on March 9, 2007.

Based on comments received from various stakeholders, DHS drafted the final rule to substantially reduce costs and account for investments that many states have already made to improve the security of their drivers' licenses.

REAL ID is not a national identification card. U.S. States will continue to issue driver's licenses and identification cards. REAL ID sets minimum standards so that U.S. States, federal agencies, and other public organizations can have confidence in the security and integrity of credentials issued by all other participating U.S. States.

If a U.S. state chooses not to comply with the provisions of the final rule, its driver's licenses and identification cards will no longer be acceptable for official Federal purposes. Individuals of the non-compliant States can still present other forms of acceptable identification, such as a U.S. passport, to board federally regulated commercial aircraft and access Federal facilities.

REAL ID does not establish a national database of driver information. The Federal government will not collect information about driver's license and identification card holders pursuant to REAL ID. States will continue to manage and operate databases for driver's license and identification card issuance.

REAL ID does not require any biometrics beyond the photograph and signature already required by U.S. states and does not require Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... _n24269630

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Perhaps it is over your head MW, perhaps you didnt see me address someone who siad the passports have a chip and they didnt mind it.

If someone can get hold of your SS number and your birthdate along with a copy of your birth certificate, they can easily obtain enough information to to clean you out. This can happen through the PASSPORT.

It can Also Happen through the Real ID. A birth Certificate in most states have your mothers maiden Name. The SS is also part of the Real ID requirements. A hacker can get into the DMV or a DMV employee can steal your information and sell it.

ID thieves hijack tax returns
    By KEVIN MCCOY • USA Today • April 13, 2008
    www.tennessean.com

Identity Thieves Target Growing Home Equity - WSJ.com
    www.realestatejournal.com

Fierce demand drives illegal-license market

Ten-Things-the-DMV-Will-Not-Tell- You:

Va. DMV Official Accused in Fraud Probe

26 Arizona DMV workers caught in driver's license scam

WAYNE DMV EMPLOYEE ARRESTED BY DIVISION OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE ON CORRUPTION-RELATED CHARGES

DMV And State Law Enforcement Agencies Continue Crackdown On Corruption & Document Fraud

FBI Agents Raid Georgetown DMV
    a female DMV employee was arrested in connection with a scheme to sell D.C. driver's licenses

USB drive found chock full of DMV records | KATU.com - Portland
    www.katu.com/news/problemsolver/other/17283129.html

I little USB port can steal thousands of files and no one will ever know until it is too late.

Eight charged in license scam | Oakland Tribune
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_q ... _n15819286

MW, you are too funny, I asked for your REAL name to prove a point. You do not provide it on these forums, why not? Do you have something to hide? The Real ID wants too much information form me. I should not have to prove I was born in the USA and neither should any other American.

We have enough government bureaucracy and they still do not enforce our laws, they still do not secure our borders. Illegals will still come in and they will still be allowed to bank and drive with or without a Real ID just like they are doing now.

Oh and the next time someone runs into a terrorist, hold up your Real ID Card and Say "You cant harm me, I have a Real ID!"
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

REAL ID... REALly For Illegal Aliens: www.vdare.com/mann/050517_real_id.htm

Quote Originally Posted by POTUS
    REAL ID... REALly For Illegal Aliens: www.vdare.com/mann/050517_real_id.htm
    Thanks Potus. I am sure I have posted that before, but some people refuse to read the facts they want to trust everything that is told to them on the news and "official govt" web sites. Lord knows they would never intentionally deceive us. I mean they would never call a bill an immigration reform even though it was an amnesty. No they wouldn't do anything like that.

Anyone want to buy a bridge to nowhere?
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

MW
    JP wrote:

I should not have to prove I was born in the USA and neither should any other American.
    Well, using your argument, I guess we can't demand that illegals provide information on their status either. So, since it appears as if you're suggesting that we can't check the status of any individual, I guess we'll just assume everyone is an American.

Hey, you wouldn't be suggesting that we racially profile and only check the status of folks that don't look Americanwould you?

The only way to tell the illegals from the legal immigrants and American citizens is to require proof of status. There is no getting around that, JP. It's unfortunate that we don't live in a perfect world where everything is exactly as it appears to be.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Treason Lobby Sabotages REAL ID Act: www.vdare.com/mann/050523_real_id.htm

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    JP wrote:

I should not have to prove I was born in the USA and neither should any other American.
    Well, using your argument, I guess we can't demand that illegals provide information on their status either. So, since it appears as if you're suggesting that we can't check the status of any individual, I guess we'll just assume everyone is an American.

Hey, you wouldn't be suggesting that we racially profile and only check the status of folks that don't look Americanwould you?

The only way to tell the illegals from the legal immigrants and American citizens is to require proof of status. There is no getting around that, JP. It's unfortunate that we don't live in a perfect world where everything is exactly as it appears to be.
    Another Red Herring from MW. Anyone notice how he skips the questions?

Quote Originally Posted by POTUS
    Treason Lobby Sabotages REAL ID Act: www.vdare.com/mann/050523_real_id.htm
    Another great article Potus, but you see those who are afraid of terrorists and the illegals are not going to read them, they will make claims according to what DHS writes on their web sites. They will not respond to the truth, they try to ignore it when it is in their face.

Oh ty for that information oldiesback That has changed since I got mine in 2003 looks like. Oh well, I don't have to worry about who I am, so no biggie I guess.