Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Trump keeps lying about his border wall

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Oh, pleeeeeease. Same old excuses, same old obfuscations, same old manipulation of facts. Trump received zero funding on his campaigned for wall. What's under construction is fencing replacement with a couple miles of bollard fencing that illegals have already been climbing with ease. Fencing is not a wall. The couple miles of fencing replacement was already planned before Trump took office. I'll concede that it's a minor upgrade, but it's far from the wall Trump campaigned on. Like I said earlier, don't piss on my boot and tell me it's raining. Just be honest and tell the truth. To date President Trump has accomplished nothing where a border wall is concerned.

No about of spinning is going to change the actual facts.

I think you intended on saying, start the wall, because you can't finish something that has yet to be started.

I'm good with how Trump describes it. New barriers are going up with money he negotiated and got for these high-priority areas, it's not concrete, but Border Patrol doesn't like concrete, they prefer the bollard steel they can see-through, and I have no problem whatsoever with Trump or anyone else calling it part of the border wall. I understand the BP wanted to make the distinction because they don't want a bunch of crazy DemoQuacks flying in accusing them of building a concrete wall when the appropriation stipulates bollard steel.

It is kind of funny and a kick to see how much this progress gets your shorts in a bunch, though. I just can't for the life of me figure out ... why.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I'm good with how Trump describes it. New barriers are going up with money he negotiated and got for these high-priority areas, it's not concrete, but Border Patrol doesn't like concrete, they prefer the bollard steel they can see-through, and I have no problem whatsoever with Trump or anyone else calling it part of the border wall. I understand the BP wanted to make the distinction because they don't want a bunch of crazy DemoQuacks flying in accusing them of building a concrete wall when the appropriation stipulates bollard steel.

It is kind of funny and a kick to see how much this progress gets your shorts in a bunch, though. I just can't for the life of me figure out ... why.
    What progress??? There has been no progress. Either you're not reading the articles I'm posting or you're seriously lacking in the ability to comprehend what you read. Whichever is the case is not important. However, let's be honest and operate with the actual facts instead of attempting to spin them to fit a personal agenda. The fencing that is being built was already planned before Trump assumed office. There was a target goal date and that is why the funding was provided by the U.S. Congress. It had nothing to do with Trump ... he negotiated nothing where the replaced border fencing is concerned.

The thing about the fencing is the illegals can see through it just as easily as the border patrol agents can. All they have to do is wait for the coast to be clear before crossing. Trump campaigned on a border wall and what's being done now has nothing to do with a border wall. In actuality, replacing the couple miles of fencing really has nothing to do with Trump at all. For you to attempt to spin the actual facts on this is very disingenuous.

Constantly patting Trump on the back and giving him the impression we believe his lies on the promised border wall is not helpful. We must call him out on the lie and let him know we're not so easily fooled. Geez, he must think his supporters are real idiots. Well, I for one find that very disturbing because I don't consider myself anyone's idiot!
    Last edited by MW; 10-10-2018 at 02:57 PM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

There has been tons of progress.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Look at this map of the Southern Border and tell me "there has been tons of progress".

https://www.usatoday.com/border-wall...ve-border-map/

The border is wide open!
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

MW
    Not on the border wall there certainly hasn't! Well, perhaps for a few folks wearing some of those special Trump brand rose-colored glasses there has. I wish I had a pair so I could feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Darn me for being so pragmatic.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

That is your opinion.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678