Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Trump keeps lying about his border wall

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"Trump may be outside our norms. But he is succeeding for all of us."

By Hugh Hewitt
    October 7 at 7:46 PM

https://www.alipac.us/f19/trump-may-...all-us-364016/
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
    Because the RINO'S are DEMOCRATS!
    Yep, and there are too many of them in my party!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    This pretty much explains why Trump thinks he can actually get away with lying about his border wall.

Last edited by MW; 10-07-2018 at 08:55 PM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Trump negotiated the $1.6 billion in border security funding in 2017. He got the money for it in the Obama Omnibus bill that he convinced Obama to not finish and let him do it, which he did and signed in May of 2017, hw got the funding for 3 high priority areas totalling 47 miles if memory serves. It wasn't a lot, but it was something. Trump in my opinion is fully entitled to take full credit for it all because it wouldn't be happening without him having done what he did.

I understand why DemoQuacks want to try to make it look like he's lying, they're doing the same thing now about the economy, "oh this isn't Trump's economy, it's Obama's", but I don't understand why a Republican would be doing that.

But, whatever ......

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Trump negotiated the $1.6 billion in border security funding in 2017. He got the money for it in the Obama Omnibus bill that he convinced Obama to not finish and let him do it, which he did and signed in May of 2017, hw got the funding for 3 high priority areas totalling 47 miles if memory serves. It wasn't a lot, but it was something. Trump in my opinion is fully entitled to take full credit for it all because it wouldn't be happening without him having done what he did.

I understand why DemoQuacks want to try to make it look like he's lying, they're doing the same thing now about the economy, "oh this isn't Trump's economy, it's Obama's", but I don't understand why a Republican would be doing that.

But, whatever ......
    OH WOW! Do your homework, please! Trump did not receive one red cent toward his campaigned for wall in 2017 or at any other time. Actually, the $1.6 billion you're referring to had nothing to do with Trump. That funding prohibited, in writing, one red cent going for Trump's wall. The projects you're talking about were already planned, so Trump had nothing to do with that either. The only thing Trump actually did was sign the bill, even though he threatened not to because it didn't provide the border wall funding he wanted. Of course you know this and the facts can't be hidden by obfuscation and misdirection.

This isn't a matter of Democrats trying to make Trump out to be a liar on the border wall. He is lying about it. Some anti-illegal immigrant and border security advocate groups have even said as much. Everyone but blind followers know he's lying about his border wall. Well, actually the do know, however, they have chosen to ignore it. Not one foot of Trump's campaigned border wall has been built and that's a fact.

MW

A section of the border fence ends along Avilia, off Military Highway, between Brownsville and McAllen, Texas.
    Photo by Bryan Schutmaat for MSNBC

Trump’s border wall rhetoric is increasingly divorced from reality

03/30/18 10:05 AM—UPDATED 03/30/18 10:56 AM

By Steve Benen

A week ago today, Donald Trump announced that he’d secured funding for his proposed border wall and construction would begin “immediately.” This wasn’t even remotely true.

Two days ago, the president boasted about a White House briefing on the project – whether that briefing occurred in reality is a subject of some debate – and released photographs he said were proof that his border wall was initiative getting underway. This wasn’t true, either.

All of which led to yesterday, and Trump’s speech in Ohio on infrastructure, which included increasingly bizarre rhetoric about the project. From the transcript:

“We started building our wall, I’m so proud of it. We have $1.6 billion. And we’ve already started, You saw the pictures yesterday, I said, ‘What a thing of beauty.’ […]
    “You think that’s easy? People said, ‘Oh, has he given up on the’ – no, I never give up. We have $1.6 billion toward the wall. And we’ve done the planning, and you saw those beautiful pictures. And the wall looks good. It’s properly designed.

“That’s what I do, is I build. I was always very good at building. It was always my best thing. I think better than being president, I was maybe good at building. […]
    “We’ve done prototypes all over and we have something special happening.”

The president’s audience seemed impressed, which is a shame, because Trump’s rhetoric was wrong to the point of delusion.

The omnibus spending package included funds for border security, but it didn’t include so much as a penny for Trump’s plan for a wall. As NBC News reported, the spending bill sets aside $1.6 billion, but the money “can be used only to repair and build previously approved fencing,”

A Washington Post report added:

“The bill provides $1.6 billion for barriers along the U.S.-Mexico border, but with some serious strings attached. Of the total, $251 million is earmarked specifically for “secondary fencing” near San Diego, where fencing is already in place; $445 million is for no more than 25 miles of “levee fencing”; $196 million is for “primary pedestrian fencing” in the Rio Grande Valley; $445 million is for the replacement of existing fencing in that area; and the rest is for planning, design and technology – not for wall construction

“The biggest catch is this: The barriers authorized to be built under the act must be “operationally effective designs” already deployed as of last March, meaning none of President Trump’s big, beautiful wall prototypes can be built.”

And as a result, effectively everything the president said about the subject was demonstrably ridiculous. “We started building our wall”? Not in this reality he hasn’t. “We have $1.6 billion toward the wall”? No, he doesn’t.

“We’ve done prototypes all over and we have something special happening”? Again, Trump’s wall project isn’t being built, at least not anytime soon. Period. Full Stop.

The trouble is, Trump’s lying about border wall construction is so over the top, I’m starting to think he actually believes his own patently untrue claims. I’m not sure which is worse: the idea that the president is engaged in a deliberate public gaslighting, or the idea that Trump can no longer tell the difference between fact and fiction.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...vorced-reality

Getting a wall is going too slow. The promise of a wall was and is a signature chant at MAGA rallies. People keep coming across the border in droves every month. We are being invaded and their strength in numbers just grows.

We should all agree that the borders must immediately be secured by whatever means as we wait for the children in Congress and President Trump to do much more to build a physical wall/barrier. The president should use his powers to order that all measures be used to shut down border crossings including financial threats to Mexico.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    OH WOW! Do your homework, please! Trump did not receive one red cent toward his campaigned for wall in 2017 or at any other time. Actually, the $1.6 billion you're referring to had nothing to do with Trump. That funding prohibited, in writing, one red cent going for Trump's wall. The projects you're talking about were already planned, so Trump had nothing to do with that either. The only thing Trump actually did was sign the bill, even though he threatened not to because it didn't provide the border wall funding he wanted. Of course you know this and the facts can't be hidden by obfuscation and misdirection.

This isn't a matter of Democrats trying to make Trump out to be a liar on the border wall. He is lying about it. Some anti-illegal immigrant and border security advocate groups have even said as much. Everyone but blind followers know he's lying about his border wall. Well, actually the do know, however, they have chosen to ignore it. Not one foot of Trump's campaigned border wall has been built and that's a fact.

Everyone knows Congress refused to fund Trump's border wall. You're posting an article about upgrades to an existing 2 mile stretch of fencing in San Diego at Calexio using it to call Trump a "liar". Trump took credit for this upgrade along with 2 other sections of new upgraded fencing that amounted to 47 miles of new and/or improved bollard steel fencing to keep illegal aliens out of the country. Trump negotiated that funding in early 2017 as emergency border security funding which totaled $1.57 billion. But none of it could be used by the bill for the "wall", it had to be used for steel type fencing. But Trump got the money for these important border security projects that Obama had IGNORED since they were first planned in 2009.

GOOD FOR TRUMP!!! We needed those important upgrades on our border in those areas, and I'm sure they are and will make a big difference. I sure hope so anyway.

Why do you take an issue with Trump taking credit for these border security improvements that he is responsible for getting done?? It doesn't make any sense. No it's not the concrete wall he talked about, Congress DemoQuacks won't approve that, it's bollard steel fencing as clear as a bell in the photos he posted in his Tweet that someone else had taken of the Calexio project. I think they were taken by BP because he'd just met with them on a briefing about these projects.

The whole world knows DemoQuacks in Congress blocked funding for Trump's Concrete Border Wall. Everyone knows that. But not all of it was going to be concrete to begin with, concrete won't work in all areas and locations. And Border Patrol told Trump they don't like the concrete wall idea, they want the see-through bollard steel fencing.

So Trump jumps in there after the election, takes over Obama's last budget and successfully obtains $1.57 billion in the FY 2017 for "emergency border security" that included new and upgraded/improved fencing for 47 miles of high-priority fencing, and of course, takes full credit for it.

That funding had EVERYTHING to do with Trump, because he negotiated it. You wouldn't have this new 47 miles of new and improved fencing without Trump.

I don't understand what your problem with that is ... but .... like I said .... whatever. It takes a lot of hate to want to rain on that parade if you ask me.

Trump Supporters don't "ignore" anything Trump is doing. But I think we will and should start ignoring those who despise him so much they'll say and do anything to try to tear him down, even risk Republicans winning the mid-terms.
    Last edited by Judy; 10-07-2018 at 10:45 PM.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Everyone knows Congress refused to fund Trump's border wall. You're posting an article about upgrades to an existing 2 mile stretch of fencing in San Diego at Calexio using it to call Trump a "liar". Trump took credit for this upgrade along with 2 other sections of new upgraded fencing that amounted to 47 miles of new and/or improved bollard steel fencing to keep illegal aliens out of the country. Trump negotiated that funding in early 2017 as emergency border security funding which totaled $1.57 billion. But none of it could be used by the bill for the "wall", it had to be used for steel type fencing. But Trump got the money for these important border security projects that Obama had IGNORED since they were first planned in 2009.

GOOD FOR TRUMP!!! We needed those important upgrades on our border in those areas, and I'm sure they are and will make a big difference. I sure hope so anyway.

Why do you take an issue with Trump taking credit for these border security improvements that he is responsible for getting done?? It doesn't make any sense. No it's not the concrete wall he talked about, Congress DemoQuacks won't approve that, it's bollard steel fencing as clear as a bell in the photos he posted in his Tweet that someone else had taken of the Calexio project. I think they were taken by BP because he'd just met with them on a briefing about these projects.

The whole world knows DemoQuacks in Congress blocked funding for Trump's Concrete Border Wall. Everyone knows that. But not all of it was going to be concrete to begin with, concrete won't work in all areas and locations. And Border Patrol told Trump they don't like the concrete wall idea, they want the see-through bollard steel fencing.

So Trump jumps in there after the election, takes over Obama's last budget and successfully obtains $1.57 billion in the FY 2017 for "emergency border security" that included new and upgraded/improved fencing for 47 miles of high-priority fencing, and of course, takes full credit for it.

That funding had EVERYTHING to do with Trump, because he negotiated it. You wouldn't have this new 47 miles of new and improved fencing without Trump.

I don't understand what your problem with that is ... but .... like I said .... whatever. It takes a lot of hate to want to rain on that parade if you ask me.

Trump Supporters don't "ignore" anything Trump is doing. But I think we will and should start ignoring those who despise him so much they'll say and do anything to try to tear him down, even risk Republicans winning the mid-terms.
    You're being very disingenuous and are manipulating the facts to fit your own truth. That may work on some, but it won't work on me. I know the truth and you are misrepresenting it. Trump hasn't done anything on the border wall he campaigned on but make empty promises and create illusions and lie to fool those that tend to believe anything and everything he says.

LOL!! Facts don't lie. Trump got the funding for the fencing in your article. FACT. Trump took credit for it. FACT. I have no problem with a President taking credit for results he is responsible for getting done. FACT. Trump posted photos of the fencing in his Tweet so there would be no confusion over what was being built: a steel fence. FACT. Everyone who saw the Tweet knows exactly what was being built because there are photos of it. FACT. No illusions. No lies. All good simple great leadership by President Trump to snag funds to build needed new and improved fencing in high priority areas to keep illegal aliens out of our country. FACT.

KEEP THE TRUMP TRAIN ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN'!! VOTE REPUBLICAN IN 2018!!!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast