Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ACLU: ICE program will lead to racial profiling in CT

Danbury joining ICE program will lead to racial profiling, ACLU says
    Eugene Driscoll

DANBURY — The legal director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Connecticut said Danbury’s participation in a federal program run by Immigration and Customs Enforcement will lead to racial profiling.

The Common Council is considering whether city police should participate in a program that would provide some ICE training in immigration law enforcement.

ACLU legal director Renee C. Redman sent a two-page letter to the Common Council on Wednesday that raised a number of concerns about the ICE proposal.

Redman’s criticisms focus on a one-page memo on the ICE program sent to the Common Council by Danbury Police Chief Al Baker on Dec. 20.

The ACLU takes exception to a statement in the chief’s report that says, “the focus of our participation would be on crimes committed by illegal immigrants.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

See Should Danbury Partner with ICE? for further information:
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-96393-.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If I am stopped by the police, I am asked for my DOB, address, some times SS # and a number of other things. Why is it that these groups seem to think it is racial profiling just because you ask some one their immigration status? I think the best way around this is to make it common pratice to ask EVERYONE what their status is. That way no one can call foul. I could care less if I had to answer that question. Make it mandatory across the board fro everyone, everywhere. Wouldn't be able to call it racial then would they?

American Civil Liberties Union

The ACLU conducts its business by attacking the freedoms that allow them to exist. We need to sue them at every opportunity and tie their liberal butts up in court.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Maricopa County, Arizona Arrested the top dog from the ACLU !
    http://oneoldvet.com/?p=3478

Thank God I live in the same county! Go Joe!