Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"ANCHOR BABIES" IS HATE SPEECH : NCT COMMENTARY

'Anchor babies' is hate speech

By: RAOUL LOWERY CONTRERAS - Commentary

AUGUST 24, 2007

Today's North County Times readers can't find an article that uses the infamous N-word, the Q-word (queer) or words like "homo" for homosexual.

What they find is the use of the words "anchor babies" in letters or Opinion pieces.

"Anchor babies" are words used by extremists to define babies born of illegal alien parents in the United States.

Most of these children are born to Mexican parents illegally in the United States. Shamefully, the anti-illegal alien cohort also applies the term to any Mexican-American regardless of the legality of one or both parents, grandparents or great-grandparents.

Example: Janet Osborn's letter (Aug. 23). She labels all with Spanish surnames "anchor babies." "(Raoul) doesn't say how many (Latinos in prison who are not illegals) are anchor babies, grown up and taught to break our laws by their illegal parents ... after all, they broke our law coming here illegally and snub their noses at it."

Talk about a broad brush. Most such children have no idea their parents are illegally present. The law parents broke is a misdemeanor administrative law, as is talking on a cell phone in court.

Why should natural-born United States citizens be insulted with "anchor babies"?

These children are natural-born United States citizens. They are because the Constitution of the United States says so, and says so unequivocally. Those who use "anchor babies" are ignorant of the Constitution or can't read and understand it or reject it for specious reasons.

The 14th Amendment states: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States."

Critics maintain the 14th Amendment (186 applied only to Negro slaves (the last of whom learned of their emancipation in 1865) and their descendants. The Supreme Court took a different view in the 1870s "Slaughterhouse" cases, in which it declared that laws apply to all ---- not just special people. "All persons" means just that, all persons.

Critics also maintain that natural-born automatic citizenship is nothing but a "current" interpretation, a George W. Bush interpretation. That is wildly untrue.

Even before the amendment, the "common law" (which was the law during Colonial times) of the United States when the Constitution was adopted in 1789 mandated all children born in the United States as "natural-born" citizens, except for children born to foreign diplomats, Indians and children of invading soldiers. The original Constitution even used the words "natural born" in qualifying presidential candidates. It used the "common law" definition as its basis, i.e., someone born here or present when the Constitution took effect.

These people claim that illegals aren't under the "jurisdiction" of the United States. Try that argument on behalf of an illegal alien charged with murder in Los Angeles, Vista or Newark and see how far you get.

The media should voluntarily ban today's hate speech ("anchor babies") against Mexicans, Mexican-Americans and anyone with a Spanish surname, the fastest growing community in North County, just as it bans the N-word.

Del Mar Heights resident Raoul Lowery Contreras is a former columnist for the North County Times.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/08 ... _23_07.txt

Fine! Have it your way!

Exploited Children!!!!!!!!!

Truth hurts your feelings and I don't care.

Dixie

PS
    Anchor Babies Anchor Babies Anchor Babies Anchor Babies Anchor Babies Anchor Babies Anchor Babies Anchor Babies Anchor Babies Anchor Babies Anchor Babies Anchor Babies Anchor Babies Anchor Babies Anchor Babies ...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Skip wrote on Aug 23, 2007 10:31 PM:

" Yeah ! Now I am an Extremist ! "Anchor babies" "Anchor babies" "An"Anchor babies" "anchor babies" "Anchor babies" "Anchor babies" And all this time I thought I was a concerned American Citizen, worried about the mass invasion of Illegal Aliens from foreign countries. Where am I going to move when California becomes bankrupt? "

Add Your Comments or Letter to the Editor

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/08 ... ogcomments

Dixie...I Love It!!!!!

I left a comment lets see if they will publish it !
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

They pulled my post. It only lasted a few minutes.

Thanks USP!

Sorry Skip, I sent you a PM.

I think you will like this...

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That writer forgot to add the part that said "jurisdiction of where they reside." or something to that effect. They don't reside here. They reside across the border.

Anchoe babies ditto ditto ditto ditto ditto . . . . . . .
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Well they just keep adding names to the list of people who want legal immigration.

RAOUL LOWERY CONTRERAS you are spreading violence in the United States by your sick disgusting words. Go seek out Geraldo Reviera.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

I will still call them anchor babies cuz they ARE but just to show how enlightened and diversified I can be I will alternately call them -meal tickets,freebie getters, economy drainers and gov't money machines.
    HEY,I just thought of this one -they give a whole new meaning to"MOTHERS LITTLE HELPER"

Head 'em up,move 'em out Rawhide!

"Anchor babies" are words used by extremists
    ...here we go again with the libs, OBLs and illegal alien advocates name calling us again. So, if your opposed to illegal immigration (and their little anchor babies)...you're a racist, bigot, xenophobe and now, apparently, also...an extremist. Well, Mr. RAOUL LOWERY CONTRERAS, I'll take the hight road here and just call you...an idiot.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast