Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: This good news about this law BUT

Quote Originally Posted by reader7272
    This law also means that United States Citizens can not solicit or be hired for day labor work even though it is meant to help get rid of the illegals.
    So now our own day laborers will be forced to be "in the shadows".
    They should have exempted Citizens and Naturalized Citizens from this law.
    They are exempt. This law has nothing to do with legal citizens. It's about those who are in the country illegally.
    LGBTQ (Let's Get Biden To Quit)

Quote Originally Posted by sunlandbob
    The only good thing about having Janet Napolitano as Head Secretary of DHS is that she is no longer Governor of Arizona, where she would have no hesitations to veto this milestone bill.
    Unfortunately, she is on the short list for the coming vacancy on our Supreme Court. Vlvt.mschf. (good to see you here Bob)

Quote Originally Posted by LAPhil
    This law also means that United States Citizens can not solicit or be hired for day labor work even though it is meant to help get rid of the illegals.
    They are exempt. This law has nothing to do with legal citizens. It's about those who are in the country illegally.
    The article did not state that they are exempt. It (the article) is written so that it looks like the law applies to everyone.

article forwarded in email to both my Tex. reps.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by LAPhil
    The article did not state that they are exempt. It (the article) is written so that it looks like the law applies to everyone.
    I just saw that at the end of the first post. If that's true, then you have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by GWF2223
    This is great, I'm contacting my Texas Reps righ away. The only thing is I'd be willing to bet the frigging ACLU has a team of lawyers on their way to AZ as I write. I hope someone will be able to explain to them their help isn't needed.
    The AZ legislature seems smarter than average. Their laws generally hold up. Remeber when we all doubted their E-verify bill would be upheld.

It is presently lawful for any local law enforcement officer to inquire of a suspect's immigraion status, provided the officer performed a legal traffic stop, etc. Officer's can't profile or walk up to a complete stranger and ask his status.

Every local poice agency can presently make an inquiry of INS (ICE) for any undocumented person lawfully detained.

Local police agencies need written policies and procedures to help tarain and educate all officers in the correct manner of performing their dutues.

If the bill is written corrrectly and local law enforcement uses it wisely and correctly, it will stand up in court. AZ seems to wrte their bills in a manner that is upheld, by the courts. Even judges that are appointed to office, vs elected, read the newspaper. The read about ranchers that are killed or how upset people are with illegal immigration. We need to continue with our message. We need to continue to pressure elected reps to get the job done. Judges will usueally follow, not lead.

Quote Originally Posted by magyart
    The AZ legislature seems smarter than average. Their laws generally hold up. Remeber when we all doubted their E-verify bill would be upheld.
    Fortunately the Republicans hold the majority in the legislature there. From what I understand every Democrat voted against the bill. Surprise, surprise!

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Just sent a request to draft and co-sponsor to my two California state officials.

AM I MISSING SOMETHING? The Gov.. still has to sign it into law right? Its not all good yet
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Chris Newman, with the Day Laborer Organizing Network, says, “It takes anti-immigrant hysteria to a level the country has not yet seen. It's designed to make life miserable for immigrants and families so they self-deport."
    Yeah! I hope so!! Let's make life so miserable for them that they go home!

Yay for Arizona!

TexasGal

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast