Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

McCain's Democrat opponent for Senate will be Rodney Glassman, a former Tucson Councilman. And he sounds and looks like your average Democrat public official on the issue of illegal immigration:

http://www.rodneyglassman.com/issues/immigration/

Immigration

We need a sensible, reasonable approach to immigration. Washington and John McCain have failed us. For 28 years, McCain has taken all sides of the immigration debate while the problems have only gotten worse. In the meantime, Arizonans have been searching for answers. SB1070 is not the answer; it is a rash attempt to score political points. As a former Vice Mayor for the City of Tucson, I understand the importance of safety in our communities. SB1070 is an unfunded mandate and additional burden on local law enforcement at a time when every municipality in Arizona is struggling with budget cuts.

We must hire and train the appropriate number of border patrol agents and utilize technology to secure and monitor the border. Additionally, we must have a system in place for those who would like to come to our country legally, work, pay taxes, and return home to do so in order for our economy to function properly.

Those who are in our country illegally must be held accountable for breaking the law, but it would cost billions of taxpayer dollars to arrest or deport them all. We need a realistic solution so that those who work hard, pay back taxes, and contribute to society pay a fine and get in the back of the line to become U.S. citizens. Those who otherwise do not obey our laws should be deported immediately.

Glassman would ordinarily have no chance against McCain. But what if he were to alter his position on illegal immigration to a stricter approach? He should start running ads, saying that he now realizes how effective SB-1070 has been. Thousands of illegals have left AZ, saving Arizona taxpayers millions of dollars. He can say that he now realizes that law-enforcement officials will not be overburdened, with fewer illegals residing in the state. He can say that the economy will eventually rebound, and any new jobs created will go to unemployed Americans.

He could even scold the regular Democrat establishment in the public-service sector for secretly hoping for a massive, Federal Amnesty, who think that millions of newly legalized illegals will automatically vote for Democrat candidates. He can proudly proclaim, "That's not what America is all about".

Glassman should realize that we already have "a system in place for those who would like to come to our country legally, work, pay taxes, in order for our economy to function properly". It's called legal immigration. Come here legally.

Ironically, Glassman also states that "Washington and McCain have failed us". Glassman should get on McCain's case for McCain's failure to realize, until the Congressional 2007 Amnesty attempt had failed, that "Americans want the border secured first".

Perhaps Glassman can get some advice from Senator Byron Dorgan from North Dakota, one of the few Democrat Senators opposed to illegal immigration. (Ironically, Dorgan chose not to run for re-election this year).

What else can Glassman run on? The economy? ObamaCare? The prospect of raising taxes on Americans once again? He should use his imagination, and adopt a stricter stance on illegal immigration.

If Glassman wants to have any chance at all against McCain, he should try this novel approach. Otherwise, he'll simply lose in the normal fashion.

You can't trust Glassman. If I lived in Arizona I wouldn't vote for either one of them.

McCains Big Win

W

Well, what a sad, sad day for Arizona and for all Patriots who fought the good fight so bravely. Just think, it only cost 20 million to buy the Senate seat again. Think of our forefathers. I think they would be rolling over in their graves at the arrogant life long politicians who practically die in office. He who never would stoop to sling the mud around or stoop to that level really outdid himself. No one would have had a fighting chance. Too bad the people once again voted him back in.

How soon we forget and forgive. How much integrity does it take to return from Viet Nam, dump your sick wife, head to Arizona and marry Cindi, who is from mucho moola. When he was much younger he was friends with Charlie Keating who was connected to the Savings and Loan debacle that deprived many investors of their hard earned money. I recall he was part of the Keating 5. He had taken many trips and vacations with his family and was lucky he wasn't indicted after all the hearings. Sorry I don't believe he will keep his promise. Amnesty is what he has been all about. We will see how much honor and integrity and concern for the citizens he shows. It will be interesting to watch the process unfold. I for one was tired of always voting for the lesser of two evils to tow the party line. No more!!

dont even try it... if all that crap stopped inside Arizona and didnt flood to the rest of the states it wouldnt matter.. but what happens there hits us just as bad.. your problem has become OUR problem
    Ok, so the Feds won't do anything, CA is over there welcoming them with open arms, they won't build the damn fence and all of a sudden the IA problem is all AZ's fault? This has NEVER been AZ problem, it is the Federal governments. We just take the brunt of it because our borders are unsecured.

With you being an ALIPAC "super hero" I know one thing, this isn't the board I thought it was. Good luck to you all eating each other alive. I am out of here.

McCain got just 56% of the vote. That means 44% voted for somebody else. That's almost 1 out of every 2 Republicans. Yes, McCain technically won the election but he spent 8 times as much as his nearest opponent.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234