Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Unless someone can convince me otherwise without being mean about it, I have to believe that a child born to a US citizen is a US citizen, no matter the citizenship of the other parent.

I know I will catch flack for saying this, but this is the gist of the 14th amendment, which says, "All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

There has never been any argument with saying that a child born to a citizen is a citizen. The key words here are "subject to the jurisdiction thereof." A US citizen is subject to the jurisdiction of the US, so any child born to this citizen would also be under the jurisdiction of the US.

busygirl said-
    I don't think they should go that far with it because that would take away U.S citizens rights based on who they have relations with. The Nazi Nuremberg Laws included a ban on sexual intercourse between people defined as "Jews" and non-Jewish Germans. How would having one illegal parent make someone less of a citizen, If life in the U.S is all they've ever known?
    Her point was that the Nazis were telling people who they could associate with, and that this is unAmerican and unConstitutional on its face. Having one illegal parent should not make a child any less a citizen.

"If life in the U.S is all they've ever known?" is a red herring and not relevant to the argument. If this could be a reason to allow non-citizens to stay here, then we'd have nothing to stand on, and the DREAMers would win. Having TWO illegal parents makes a child NOT a citizen, no matter how long they've been here. I feel sorry for these kids in the same way that I feel sorry for the children of inmates, but the parents were irresponsible and the children end up paying.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think Busygirl is going a bit far there. The Nazi's were about race while illegal really isn't.

Given a correct state we wouldn't have illegals as they wouldn't get in as illegals and when visa's expire they are made sure to have left or kicked out forcibly.

But it does create a problem allowing *illegals* to have a child with a citizen to gain a foothold in the states. Plenty of citizens they could pay and plenty of desperate men who would be happy just to get laid. There are many ways to abuse it with saying only 1 parent has to be a citizen but I have to agree with that considering a few things.

1. Marriage.
    2. The spouse is NOT an illegal.
    3. Proper visa's need to be done for spouse as well.

There are so many pitfalls and arguements though and ways to twist a lot around against immigrants or citizens with foreign spouses who live outside the US as well. Sometimes one just has to say no though.

In the end one thing everyone has to remember. Illegal is NOT a race, age, sex, or anything of that sort. Its simply a status and one could easily say having that status as long as it remains everything else is invalid.

Folks, please remember that we are all here for the same reason, and that is to fight illegal immigration, not each other. I must remind everyone to be civil in their comments or this thread will be pulled. For those of you who have not read the rules on what is allowed on these boards, please do so now.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-26071.html
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

looks like some here may not be all on board, bob. young laratzas want gringos DEAD. i kinda like being alive in my own frickin country, and I RESENT those that think otherwise. they are thieving lying traitors, and communists. a child born to an american mother is an american. born here in america to both illegal alien parents, well, read the law. we have been bamboozeled for decades. they all need to be tossed out now.

Her point was that the Nazis were telling people who they could associate with, and that this is unAmerican and unConstitutional on its face. Having one illegal parent should not make a child any less a citizen.

"If life in the U.S is all they've ever known?" is a red herring and not relevant to the argument. If this could be a reason to allow non-citizens to stay here, then we'd have nothing to stand on, and the DREAMers would win. Having TWO illegal parents makes a child NOT a citizen, no matter how long they've been here. I feel sorry for these kids in the same way that I feel sorry for the children of inmates, but the parents were irresponsible and the children end up paying.
    Thanks imblest, thanks what I meant. The "If life in the U.S is all they've ever known?" comment was about legal citizens not dreamers or anchor babies. I didn't think about the phrase before using it, I was reminded that it was a dreamer phrase.

We need to support this bill, HR 140, with everything we've got to stop illegal alien women from giving birth in the United States, to stop the birth tourism, to stop illegal alien couples from coming here and giving birth in the United States and limit birthright citizenship to children of citizens or legal permanent residents.

This bill will do much to stop the lure of birthright citizenship in the illegal immigration game, and it will go far to stop the cost of social services for children of illegal aliens and end future voters spawned from illegal immigration with loyalties deeply embedded elsewhere.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    My problem was not with a child being born to one American parent. Although it does somewhat bother me that someone would get involved with a illegal alien knowing they are illegal and could be deported. And also knowing that the illegal parent may not be in the childs life and it could affect the child.

The problem I did have were the comments like

"The Nazi Nuremberg Laws included a ban on sexual intercourse between people defined as "Jews"

"If life in the U.S is all they've ever known?"

"Anchor baby is a term used by immigration reductionists to describe a child born in the United States to illegal aliens"

"I have had 2 children with illegal immigrants"

When I saw the nazi comment I got upset because I remember the OBL holding signs of Gov. Jan Brewer and Sheriff Joe in nazi uniforms. We are called nazi's, bigot's, racist's ect for wanting to end the anchor baby scam.
    We are also called these names for wanting our immigration laws enforced.

I guess for me, and I am only speaking for myself, when I see these kind of comments, I question the intentions of the person on the board posting such things.

I may be wrong but it just rubbed me the wrong way.

No hard feelings

Let me see if I can get this right,....there are communists, fascists, terrorists, and a plethora of other miscreants in this world that would wish to see harm to our nation and because a citizen breeds with a non-citizen the offspring is a citizen? Why?

What if the offsprings non-citizen parent is a communist from a country that confers citizenship on the little bundle of joy? Dual citizenship then?

Seems the sooner the rules are understood the better we will all be.

Because Delilah cut off Sampson's hair I try and remove emotions from the debate.

Adios little anchor!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    Let me see if I can get this right,....there are communists, fascists, terrorists, and a plethora of other miscreants in this world that would wish to see harm to our nation and because a citizen breeds with a non-citizen the offspring is a citizen? Why?

What if the offsprings non-citizen parent is a communist from a country that confers citizenship on the little bundle of joy? Dual citizenship then?

Seems the sooner the rules are understood the better we will all be.

Because Delilah cut off Sampson's hair I try and remove emotions from the debate.

Adios little anchor!
    After reading your post I have to say it puts a new light on this and I agree with you.

When I saw the nazi comment I got upset because I remember the OBL holding signs of Gov. Jan Brewer and Sheriff Joe in nazi uniforms. We are called nazi's, bigot's, racist's ect for wanting to end the anchor baby scam.
    We are also called these names for wanting our immigration laws enforced
    I can understand that, as we all know that is exactly what we are LABELED when we speak out to enforce our laws and secure the borders.

This has nothing to do with race (we are the most diverse country in the world).

It is all about rule of law (politicians need to perform their function and duty as they have sworn to do).
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast