Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Border Agent's Death Would Spark Impeachment Talks, Republic

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?P ... 0207d.html

Border Agent's Death Would Spark Impeachment Talks, Republican Says
    By Kevin Mooney and Fred Lucas
    CNSNews.com Staff Writers
    February 07, 2007

(CNSNews.com) - Weeks after accusing President Bush of "shameful" behavior over the imprisonment of two Border Patrol agents who shot an unarmed suspected drug smuggler along the U.S.-Mexico border, a federal lawmaker turned up the heat further Wednesday, suggesting the president should be impeached if either of the two men is murdered in prison.

Speaking after the Federal Bureau of Prisons confirmed that agent Ignacio Ramos was assaulted by inmates in his Mississippi prison over the weekend, California Republican Rep. Dana Rohrabacher had a warning for the White House.

"I tell you, Mr. President, if these men -- especially after this assault -- are murdered in prison, if one of them lose their lives, there's going to be some sort of impeachment talk in Capitol Hill," he told a press conference in Washington D.C.(Listen to Audio)

When Ramos and colleague Jose Compean began their sentences of 12 and 11 years' imprisonment respectively last month, Rohrabacher said of the president for not pardoning the men, "This is the worst betrayal of American defenders I have ever seen."

"It's shameful this was done by someone who is in the Republican Party," Rohrabacher added, saying Bush "obviously thinks more about his agreements with Mexico than the lives of American people and backing up his defenders."

The outrage has targeted both the administration and U.S. Attorney Johnny Sutton, who prosecuted the two and offered an immunity deal to the suspected drug smuggler, Osvaldo Aldrete-Davila, in return for his testimony against the agents.

Sutton has noted that the agents not only shot an unarmed man while he was fleeing toward the Mexican border, but also tried to cover up the crime by disposing of their shell casings and not reporting the incident to their supervisor.

After a two-week trial last year, the two were convicted by a jury on 11 out of 12 counts, including assault with a dangerous weapon, assault with serious bodily injury, discharge of a firearm during the commission of a crime of violence, willfully violating the illegal immigrant's constitutional rights, lying about the incident and failing to report the truth.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yes! I agree!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Speaking after the Federal Bureau of Prisons confirmed that agent Ignacio Ramos was assaulted by inmates in his Mississippi prison over the weekend, California Republican Rep. Dana Rohrabacher had a warning for the White House.

"I tell you, Mr. President, if these men -- especially after this assault -- are murdered in prison, if one of them lose their lives, there's going to be some sort of impeachment talk in Capitol Hill," he told a press conference in Washington D.C.
    I hope the border patrol agents survive this horrible ordeal they are going through. My prayers are with their families. It must be hell for them.

On Dobbs today, they included a video segment of that press conference.

It was easy to see that Rohrabacher was mad - real mad - and wasn't afraid to show it either.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    PhredE wrote:

It was easy to see that Rohrabacher was mad - real mad - and wasn't afraid to show it either.
    I think all Americans who believe in justice are VERY angry.....I recently went up a notch to furious!!!!!

IMPEACH NOW!! AND OUT WITH THE ENTIRE ADMINISTRATION!!

April
    CUUSA wrote:

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Yes! I agree!

W
    Hells bells, I support impeachment now !

I would love to see Bush impeached, but Cheny, Pelosi and I believe next is( Gonzolaz, I think)
    Who is the least of the 4 evils Someone please let me know because I just can't tell!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast