Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by mavi
    Ann,

I agree with you. These groups must not be really serious about protecting animals if they can't acknowledge what is really happening. They need to be for the greater good and tell the truth.

I admire your courage for standing up to them. It is only when one doesn't have a valid argument that one needs to revert to insults.

The fact is that you only need to go to some of these countries to see that animals are often mis-treated and abused...it is a cultural thing and nothing will change when they cross the border.

Brian503a: Your puppy is just beautiful!
    Thanks Mavi,

I gave the race baiter hell before I was kicked off the forum. I would have quit anyway. Also, I received personal emails from three people from this forum and I was outspoken with them too.

One other item I was really hoping for was that these groups would take an active interest in the fact that our side was promoting a poultry industry boycott. I thought that would have been right up their alley. I guess I was wrong.

Ann
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

My step sons Rotty was sprayed one time, he's OK but he sure hates illegals.
    Many of the smugglers are known to go out and poison dogs so they won't alert their owners, I keep a close eye on the real Mountain Dog.
    For those of you in Calif. the vets here have a rattlesnake vacine they can give your dog in case it is ever bitten it's not that expencive and could save your dogs life.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://www.frostywooldridge.com/article ... feb18.html

Immigration's Third World Cruelty to Animals
    Article by Frosty Wooldridge
    February 18, 2004
    Published on MichNews.com

Gentle Song galloped into the wind. She raced along the fences of the pasture on summer days. Gentle Song carried kids on her back around the paddock. Last week, in California, two drunken illegal aliens killed Gentle Song for blood sport.

Most countries in the Third World do not have laws against animal cruelty. Mexico is one of them. Some cultures do not share our fondness for pets. Muslims regard dogs as unclean and owners may have their pets confiscated while on a walk. In parts of Asia, cats and dogs are skinned alive and boiled-much like lobsters.

One of the growing aspects of Third World Momentum invading the United States is the importation of cultures that perpetuate animal cruelty. Latin Americans invest in cock fighting like Americans cheer the NFL. In America today, roosters are thrown into a small pen. Men circle while placing bets on which cock will win. The roosters wear 'gaffs' or steel spikes taped to their legs. With no room to run, the cocks rage into a bloody melee to the death.

Small children watch with their parents. Because kids are indoctrinated into this form of violence, they find animal cruelty to be a 'normal' aspect of life. The two men who killed Gentle Song gave no thought as they beat the horse to death.

But immigrants bring other forms of Third World violence to animals. Dog fighting carries a felony punishment, but thrives in cities where immigrant enclaves hide it. They know it's against the law, but they refuse to shed their Old World ways. The 'melting pot' has become the 'savage arena' of the celebration of 'diversity'. Who suffers?

Pet theft for dog fighting accelerates by the day as our immigrant populations expand. Trainers 'coach' dogs to fight by imposing a cruel protocol from the beginning of the dog's life. Dogs are starved to make them vicious, clubbed to make them tough, and are forced onto treadmills to the point of exhaustion.

Sergeant Steve Brownstein of the Chicago Police Department said, "The dog fighting business is a bloody, gruesome spectacle in which one animal tears the other apart. When dogs lose fights, owners who are angry about losing money often throw them into vacant apartments to die slow, agonizing deaths from infection or starvation. I've seen dogs with the skin torn off their faces, stomachs ripped open and corpses of dogs burned alive for losing fights."

In Arizona, up to half of missing pets are stolen. For what? Pima County Sheriff Mike Duffey said, "Dogs and cats are stolen to be used as bait in bloody training exercises for dog fighting."

Another blood sport is called 'horse tripping'. It's practiced by Mexican charros. They defend it as a 'cultural' right in our country. This is a symptom of Third World Momentum invading America. Horses are driven around an arena. At full gallop, men pull ropes up to trip them. The horses plunge headfirst into the ground or somersault onto their heads. Many end up with broken necks, legs and other internal injuries. This is a part of the 'cultural diversity' being imported into America. A Mexican advocate of horse tripping, Gabriel Velasquez said, "It is a cultural thing, something that came down from our ancestors."

Whether it is animal sacrifice in New York, horse tripping in immigrant enclaves in our Southwest, dog and cat fighting where newcomers band together--this cruelty crisis raises the question of "What is America becoming?" What about the human cruelty of 'female genital mutilation clitorectomies' to baby girls of immigrants from Africa and the Middle East? Why are we inviting this depraved behavior into our country? Where is this massive invasion of incompatible cultures from the Third World taking us? Who is responsible for facilitating this invasion of 1.5 million legal and the estimated 1 million illegal aliens rushing across our borders annually? When will Congress own up to this outrage? Do we want our children meshed with such cultural barbarism? Can we educate enough immigrants fast enough to stop the uncivilized behaviors they bring to our country? Will we be able to withstand their numbers as they 'demonstrate or vote' for their 'rights' to maintain their barbaric cultural practices?

At 2.3 million arriving annually, the answer is, "NO!" We need a ten-year moratorium on all immigration into America so we can catch our national breath and regain a semblance of what this country means to humanity. It does not mean horse-tripping, cock fighting, dog fighting, animal sacrifices, clitorectomies to human babies or the killing of Gentle Song by drunken illegal aliens for the fun of it.

Sources:
    MAN PLEADS GUILTY IN KILLING OF MARE GENTLE SONG, ThoroughbredTimes.com

HORSE TRIPPING NOT CULTURAL, San Gabriel Valley Tribune, December 29, 2003

MANY LOST PETS ACTUALLY STOLEN, by Kimberly Matas, Arizona Daily Star, 1/10/04

SEE SPOT. SEE SPOT KILLED. Sargeant Steve Brownstein, CHICAGO POLICE DEPARTMENT
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

Good find, nonillegalimmigrationannie.

Mistreatment of animals is so wrong. They're innocent beings and don't deserve mistreatment.

I have read about pets stolen supposedly used as bait dogs to train fighting pits.

Just disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by MopheadBlue
    Good find, nonillegalimmigrationannie.

Mistreatment of animals is so wrong. They're innocent beings and don't deserve mistreatment.

I have read about pets stolen supposedly used as bait dogs to train fighting pits.

Just disgusting.
    Thanks, MopheadBlue,

And here's a news article almost a year old on more downsides in the dogfighting business that is illegal throughout the USA. I have also read about pets stolen to be used as bait to train and make fighting dogs more agressive.

While in this article I don't recall seeing illegal aliens targeted, many immigrants, both legal and illegal, engage as particiants in sick cruelty to animals dubbed as entertainment. So do some Americans too - we are not innocent either. This article shows other problems the illegal dogfighting industry causes both to animals and taxpapers.

I have an acquaintance who is an animal control officer in Wake County, NC. After some questions, he told me Hispanics figure largely in dogfighting and cockfighting (as well as other foreign nationals) and, yes, he's been there and done that as far as investigating and breakups. He also said these illegal industries are in the millions $$$ and are also in Virginia.

http://www.newsobserver.com/644/story/228922.html

Legislature Home / Politics / Politicians / Legislature

Topics: Elections | Legislature | Politicians Columns: Christensen | Under the Dome Photo Column: Jones Street

Published: Jul 31, 2005 12:30 AM
    Modified: Oct 23, 2005 12:37 PM

Law burdens animal shelters
    As dogfighting cases await trial, pounds often bear the costs

This young pit bull, held for an owner charged with dogfighting, is one of 18 now kept at the Randolph County Animal Shelter.

Story Tools Printer Friendly Email to a Friend
    Enlarge Font Decrease Font

More Legislature Bill would let vets block credit access
    House bill would ban personal use of donations
    Budget's done in surprising speed
    Swelling jackpot attracts a crowd
    Senate OKs legislative smoking ban
    House reaches budget accord

Ad Links Buy a link »
    Kristin Collins, Staff Writer
    When the 18 fighting pit bulls arrived, the Dalmatian with fleas had to go. The black Labrador with a case of mange will probably be next.
    The Randolph County Animal Shelter is only so big. And the pit bulls are evidence in a dogfighting case. Animal Control Supervisor Robyn Allison has no choice but to keep them until the case is resolved.

That leaves her with one option: start euthanizing adoptable animals.

Allison is caught in a quandary that plagues animal shelters around the state. When law enforcement busts dogfighting rings, shelters get stuck with the live evidence -- and the bill for its care, which can run into the tens of thousands of dollars.

Now, a General Assembly bill would require those charged with dogfighting to pay for the care of their animals, even before their trials. If they fail to pay, the dogs could be euthanized.

Animal advocates say the law is desperately needed. The Humane Society of the United States, based in Washington, tracks the industry and says North Carolina is home to some of the biggest breeders of fighting dogs and cocks in the country.

The state doesn't track the number of animal fighting arrests, but local activists say there is nearly always at least one county shelter in the state crowded with pit bulls or fighting cocks from a raid. They say many counties do not want to deal with the animals and suspect many animal-fighting rings are never busted.

"For a smaller county, it really does take a lot of grit," said Pat Sanford, a member of the N.C. Task Force Against Animal Fighting, a grass-roots group of animal control officers and advocates. "Many counties would rather just avoid it."

Drain on finances

When fighting animals are seized, counties must often hold them for a year or more while the case winds through the court system. The animals need private pens to keep them from attacking each other, so they often occupy space that would otherwise hold strays and adoptable animals.

Counties must pay to feed and vaccinate the animals, take them to the vet, buy them toys when they start to go "kennel crazy." Then, when the case is resolved, the animals are usually euthanized because they aren't adoptable.

If the former owner is found guilty, he gets a bill. But convicts are often unable to pay.

Cindy Bailey, animal control administrator in Durham, said she gets less than $10 a month from a convicted dogfighter whose dogs she spent $67,000 to house in 2000. Now, he pays a court-ordered percentage of his income.

"Some months we get a $3 check, or $5," Bailey said. "We'll never see all the money."

While housing an animal, the shelters must constantly worry about theft. Trained fighting dogs are worth thousands of dollars each. Once word of a bust spreads, the shelter becomes a target.

Allison has already set up surveillance cameras. The last time she had fighting pit bulls in the shelter, about two years ago, half of them were hoisted over a fence at night and never recovered. Bailey said she also had thieves break in at night and take pit bulls.

The bill passed the House but has stalled in the Senate. Its prospects are uncertain.

In North Carolina, animal fighting is illegal. But any bill to strengthen the prohibition meets fierce resistance, said state Rep. Verla Insko, a Chapel Hill Democrat who sponsored the measure. For that reason, she didn't include cock fighters in her bill.

Zeb Alley, a lobbyist who works for the N.C. Game Fowl Breeders Association, said any law that restricts a moneymaking enterprise such as animal fighting and breeding is sure to face opposition. In this legislative session, he is lobbying against a bill that would make cockfighting a felony rather than a misdemeanor.

Alley said several legislators have told him they don't think cockfighting should be a felony, but few would openly admit that they condone animal fighting -- even though it is a centuries-old pastime in North Carolina.

"It's not something that you'd want to go around bragging about," Alley said.

Warehousing pit bulls

In Randolph County, the most recent discovery of animal fighting came about two weeks ago.

A tip led sheriff's deputies to a trailer in Seagrove, where they found nearly a pound of marijuana and 18 pit bulls chained in the yard.

They also found many of the hallmarks of dogfighting: antibiotics and sutures for wounds, sticks used to separate fighting dogs, a treadmill designed for dogs, ropes hung over trees that dogs clamp onto to strengthen their jaws, heavy weights that can be hooked to a dog's collar and dragged.

When the find came, the shelter was overflowing. But Capt. Barry Bunting of the sheriff's office said his officers couldn't take that into account as they gathered the dogs and charged the owner with 17 counts of dogfighting.

"Fighting dogs and chickens is against the law," Bunting said. "And if we find out it's happening and we can prove it, we have to go after it."

Allison could only shake her head when she heard that she would have to pick up the pit bulls.

Two years ago, the shelter kept seven fighting dogs nearly a year. Six others were stolen. One killed a cat that climbed into its kennel. Another figured out how to slide open the door that connected his kennel to the next and killed the dog on the other side. By the end, they went crazy, barking and charging their kennel doors every time a visitor came looking for a dog to adopt.

Allison finally persuaded a judge to declare them dangerous, allowing her to euthanize them before the case was resolved. Their care still cost $32,000.

Hard choices

Now the shelter is once again full of pit bulls. They occupy nine of her 28 kennels.

Each gets a private pen, while the labs, beagles and other adoptable dogs are crowded as many as seven to a kennel. She has already sent five dogs to Humane Society volunteers in the county, but they can take only so many.

As strays pour in, Allison has begun making hard choices.

Normally, if animals come in without a rabies shot, she will vaccinate them and hold them 30 days, after which they can be adopted. Now, she must put them down because she doesn't have space to hold them. That's what happened to the Dalmatian.

And if the crowding gets worse, she will have to weed out those least likely to be adopted. The mangy lab fits that category.

Meanwhile, she has carted three sick pit bulls to the vet.

"I can't have them sick because they're evidence," Allison said, sighing.

As she walks down the rows of cages, the pit bulls look harmless enough. They whine and jump against their kennel doors, wanting their ears scratched. They lick her fingers when she sticks them through the chain link. They can no longer go after each other.

Allison wonders how many other dogs will die because they are here.

Staff writer Kristin Collins can be reached at 829-4881 or kcollins@newsobserver.com.

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    Maybe it is time to get some real guard dogs like rotteweiler's and doberman's or pit bull dogs to run outside and keep your pets in the house, this story just made me see red, i love dogs, I am afraid of what I might do if this happened to my pet dog. This is totally uncalled for, if people would quit making it easy to cross their land with the water and food and had some really good "bad" dogs around they might cross somewhere else! You cannot help these people without them stabbing you in the back.
    GUARD DOGS!!! How about some ATTACK CATS!!!.

Just kidding! They would really be useless I know as an owner of some cats that would rather bite my feet and chew up the blinds in the house and shread rolls of toilet paper than go after a home robber, etc. (not that this has happened). These cats aren't earning their keep. Time to get out the ole machine gun water zapper soon with a water span of 30 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian503a
    Mine thinks she is part cat. Her and a 8 month old kitten are the best of friends. Rotts frequently get a bad rap but the 2 that I've owned were very good natured and not a mean bone in their body.
    LOL...Brian Looks just like mine did about 140 lbs ago! How could anyone not love that little bear face.

I've had Rotties for years too but mine weren't quite so pleasant. My current gal is sweet though. But each and every one that I've had has been fantastic with little kids.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hi 2nd, Need a humor break?

Here's your computer theft alarm:

TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Or for guard dog lovers:

Caption: You want me to do WHAT?
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Quote Originally Posted by noillegalimmigrationannie

GUARD DOGS!!! How about some ATTACK CATS!!!.

Just kidding! They would really be useless I know as an owner of some cats that would rather bite my feet and chew up the blinds in the house and shread rolls of toilet paper than go after a home robber, etc. (not that this has happened). These cats aren't earning their keep. Time to get out the ole machine gun water zapper soon with a water span of 30 feet.
    You must have missed this article on Jack the cat.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... hlight=cat
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast