Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

not sure what to say or think

was it health reasons?
    was it the constant crapoloa from the open borders people?
    was it the threats he gets?

Just heard him announce this on his show.

Not surprising.

Lou said he is exploring some options.

And Lou isn't going away, he's just leaving CNN.

Look forward to wherever he goes which undoubtedly will allow him more freedom.

Good luck Lou and we'll be seeing ya!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NEW YORK – CNN host Lou Dobbs shocked his viewers Wednesday when he announced that he would be leaving the network effective immediately.

The longtime host of "Lou Dobbs Tonight" said on his show that it would be his last and that he was ready "to pursue new opportunities."

He said CNN had allowed him to be released from his contact, which was set for the end of 2011 and that he was considering a number of options.

"I will let you know when I set my course," he said.

The longest-running anchor on CNN's air, Dobbs was one of the nation's leading financial journalists before turning his program in a more opinionated direction. His persistent advocacy against illegal immigration angered many.

"I'm the last of the original anchors here on CNN and I'm proud to have had the privilege of helping to built the world's first news network."

CNN's average prime-time audience was third behind Fox and MSNBC during October, and it was even eclipsed by sister network HLN among younger viewers, according to the Nielsen Co.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ap_en_ot/us_tv_lou_dobbs
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Its interesting he chose Veterans Day to make his announcement. He seemed emphatical that it was his decision to leave CNN. I wonder who they are going to get to fill his spot. Watch their ratings go down the tube in just a few days. Lou Dobbs is the only reason I tuned into them.
    I hope he goes to FOX. I'd like to see him before or after Hannity.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

As far as I am concerned, CNN can close up shop.

Lou Dobbs at the anchor desk at CNN’s New York studio in 2006. Lou Dobbs, the longtime CNN anchor whose anti-immigration views made him a TV lightning rod, plans to announce Wednesday that he is leaving the network, two network employees said.
    The above quote was from the NY Times article.

Since when did Lou Dobbs have anti-immigration views?

He spoke out against illegal immigration, not immigration.

These journalists never miss an opportunity to slant the news. I for one am glad he is leaving because since CNN refused to let him have talk radio hosts as guests, his panels have been very boring and predictable.

I hope he finds a good fit somewhere soon.

Longtime anchor Lou Dobbs leaving CNN
    Wednesday show to be his last; future plans unclear

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33868717/ns ... ?gt1=43001

By Brian Stelter and Bill Carter

updated 10 minutes ago

Lou Dobbs, the longtime CNN anchor whose anti-immigration views have made him a TV lightning rod, said Wednesday that he is leaving the cable news channel effective immediately.

“Some leaders in the media, politics and business have been urging me to go beyond my role here at CNN and engage in constructive problem-solving,â€
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Its interesting he chose Veterans Day to make his announcement. He seemed emphatical that it was his decision to leave CNN. I wonder who they are going to get to fill his spot. Watch their ratings go down the tube in just a few days. Lou Dobbs is the only reason I tuned into them.
    I hope he goes to FOX. I'd like to see him before or after Hannity.
    How about if CNN hires Geraldo Riveria aka Jerry Rivers?

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Here's the guy responsible for muzzling Lou at CNN.

jon.klein@turner.com

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Update: Lou Dobbs to Quit CNN

November 11, 2009, 6:21 pm
    Update: Lou Dobbs to Quit CNN
    By BRIAN STELTER AND BILL CARTER

Lou Dobbs at the anchor desk at CNN’s New York studio in 2006, said Wednesday that he is leaving the cable news channel effective immediately.

Lou Dobbs, the longtime CNN anchor whose anti-immigration views have made him a TV lightning rod, said Wednesday that he is leaving the cable news channel effective immediately.

Sitting before an image of an American flag on his television set, he said “some leaders in media, politics and business have been urging me to go beyond the role here at CNN and to engage in constructive problem solving as well as to contribute positively to the great understanding of the issues of our day.â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast