Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I just watched it.

Right now I am speechless.

W
    I had the same reaction. I had to check my TV and the date on my recording. I just couldn't believe it. Say it ain't so Lou. Now where will I get my REAL news? Now what will I do every day between 4:00 and 6:00 depending on the time of year?

I certainly hope Lou will be somewhere on the air waves or maybe even public office, please? I will have to petition my community now to get him on the radio.
    RDR

Check out the Lou Dobbs Wikipedia page for more embelishments and outright glorizing of the truth:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lou_Dobbs# ... amily_life

I have long thought that Lou was too good for CNN and the likes of Wolf Blitzer and gawd forbid, Ick er...Rick Sanchez. Lou was/is SO way beyond the crappy CNN rhetoric and hype.
    RDR

Totally bummed me out.
    CNN, you are now already blocked from my TV.
    This just goes to show you how all TV media has
    definitely become the "Liberal" media.
    I have already let CNN know what I think about
    their network.
    It kinda irks me how all the Latino and progressive
    groups are claiming a victory in some sort of way.
    I am hoping this is some kind of new beginning for Lou.
    Go get'em Lou!

Why Did Lou Dobbs Leave CNN?

Friday, November 13, 2009 11:38 AM

By: James Hirsen

John King, a so-called veteran CNN reporter who toes the mainstream media line, will replace departing host Lou Dobbs in a new weeknight political program, according to CNN.

CNN’s naming of King as a new prime-time host follows Dobbs' abrupt resignation Wednesday before the end of his contract in 2011. The cable network has released Dobbs from his contractual obligations, so we may see him pop up on, as they say, on another network.

Various multicultural advocacy groups had attacked Dobbs for his views on illegal immigration.

King, who now is chief national political correspondent and host of Sunday political show "State of the Union," will start his new show early next year. It is destined to be a ratings flop.

But why the abrupt departure by the long-time host Dobbs?

Dobbs was not particularly well-liked at CNN, which has been marketing itself as the hard-news alternative to Fox and MSNBC.

"I think it's safe to say that he won't be missed among the rank-and-file employees at the network," a CNN staffer told Politico.

"The Dobbs show has existed in its own little universe for the last several years, in many ways cut off from the rest of the editorial process at CNN. Most people will be left wondering what this means for the primetime lineup and whether Klein can now deliver on his 'down the middle' mantra."

Down the middle means, as Beyonce would sing, “To the Left.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    by Michael Goodwin
    Columnist New York Post
    November 15, 2009

Dobbs more correct than 'right'

Years ago I overheard two editors talking about a reporter. "He's a pain in the ass," the first said, to which the second gave an unforgettable response: "He is, but he's worth it. A lot of them aren't."

Lou Dobbs was worth it, and CNN is diminished for losing him.

In the cliché of the day, he was "controversial." He was a lightning rod who wore out his welcome after 30 years.

But before we bury him for his flaws, let's remember Dobbs was right on many issues facing America, and was often first. Even Jon Klein, his former boss at CNN, conceded Dobbs defined the terms of key debates.

"Lou is an original thinker who didn't defer to the herd," Klein told me. "The herd often looked to him."

Take illegal immigration. When more than 600,000 people marched in LA in 2006, shutting schools and stopping commerce, news reports caught the crowds' fever and found nothing objectionable in Democrats urging them on.

Not Dobbs. Why, he wondered, were so many waving Mexican flags? He found demands for "our rights" curious, given many marchers were in the US illegally. Why were politicians supporting them and encouraging students to skip school?

The result was that, along with mostly Republicans, he helped defeat an amnesty bill. At the same time, he championed the status of legal immigrants, a distinction his critics ignored as they accused him of "hate" speech.

I saw his passion firsthand as a proud contributor to his show for two years.

But Klein is right that Dobbs' populist advocacy made him an odd fit at CNN, which calls itself neutral but in truth fits comfortably into media soft-shoe liberalism. Whatever its virtues, audiences are abandoning CNN for its rivals.

Sometimes Dobbs enjoyed fights too much. Calling people "idiots" and "scumbags" undermined his towering talent and embarrassed his colleagues.

Yet his commitment to facts trumped his stridency, as it did in his crusade against a Bush White House plan to let a Dubai firm operate U.S. ports. This time it was Dems jumping on his bandwagon to scuttle the deal.

His books expounded on his themes, their titles reflecting Dobbs' aversion to nuance: "Exporting America: Why Corporate Greed is Shipping American Jobs Oversees."

The second was "War on the Middle Class: How the Government, Big Business, and Special Interest Groups Are Waging War on the American Dream and How to Fight Back."

Last year, it was "Independents Day: Awakening the American Spirit."

For certain, his spirit is awake and independent and, if we are lucky, we have not seen the end of Lou Dobbs.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/this ... z0WyNdESJS

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/this ... L5L1SLhJ/1

------------------------------

FIRE JON KLEIN!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234