Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

It took 83 posts before the predictable "the media twisted his words" post showed up.

The usual suspects must be out celebrating their success over Pukin Dog's find-the-trolls thread.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

I took a snapshot of the whole damn thread. It was so pretty. I posted the memorial in the Not So Free Republic section.

Want to have it around later just in case um.. something happens to the original.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, I made it up to around post 240 where Dane showed up.

Reading Dane's posts kills brain cells, so that's where I quit.

On further revue, it looks like that was Dane's one and only post.

I have to wonder where the thought police are tonight.

Poor pissant lost it here:
    To: Publius6961
    you commented to me first, buckwheat, so quit whining

515 posted on 05/19/2006 7:20:24 PM PDT by pissant
    [ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 480 | View Replies ]
    I've noticed that the term "buckwheat" is becoming a common slur over there. I also believe that it has some unpleasant racial characteristics associated with it, although no one who has used it at FR has been banned or given a time out to my knowledge.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

English as the U.S. official language

My mother was a French professor, and I grew up learning Spanish and French, living in souther California. I majored in Linguistics at U.C.L.A., and lived in France for a year, interacting with students and French residents from all over the world, and currently I teach English to adult students from Mexico, Central America, Burma, Taiwan, China, India, South America, Vietnam, and occasionally Russia, so I'm no biggot or racist. My ex-husband's parents were from Mexico and Sicily. I am no racist and value diversity, but come on, we have to have some common ground or we'll never communicate with each other in this country.

Most of my students value learning English as a way to communicate with friends who don't speak their language. You should see the table of high-level ESL students who speak Burmese, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, Vietnamese, and Hindi. Once shy and withdrawn, they now never stop joking around and working together, which wouldn't be possible without a common language. Who cares what it is? In this country, it's English, while in each of their countries we'd all learn their languages, as I had to in France or noone would talk to me, even if they knew English (the French are rather snotty about it). It's not that English is better, it's a communication tool! What's the matter with some people?

I liked the comment from a Navajo man who said that technically Navajo was here first and should be the official language. I'd like nothing better than leaning Navajo, but it's impractical, and English arrived with the settlers, so there you have it. Mexico lost the war. I laugh when I go to Univeral Studios. The signs are in English and Japanese, but half the crowd is Spanish- and Chinese-speaking (the parent company is Japanese). There are a lot of Chinese-speaking people in southern California, so why don't we make Chinese the official language? I've tried to learn Mandarin, but simply don't have time, but when I visit China, I'll take Chinese classes and try to speak Chinese there. The whole thing is silly. When you visit a person's home for dinner, you don't insist that they do everything your way, and visitors or new arrivals in our country should mind their manners and adapt to their hosts. Didn't our mothers teach us that?

Sincerely,
    Meredith Alleruzzo

Count Floyd,
    Let me know when Puking Dog is having a "Scar Face Moment" as I need a good laugh. This bot has seen a few too many Hollywood movies.

Of course Bush opposes it. He can't speak it.

Sick Man

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican
    Impeach Him!!!!
    "bush" is a very disturbed man,a sick man.I think "bush" should be "Institutionalized"for his own good and the Good of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Xianleather
    Bush has a serious attitude problem that needs to be delt with. [MOD EDIT] That would make my life. That would be better than a hot dog and apple pie!
    Be carefull Xianleather,you could be kicked off of the forum for saying [MOD EDIT] ,or "In the Streets" ect........Have you recieve a Caution/Warning?

Quote Originally Posted by jcalex
    Have you recieve a Caution/Warning?
    Thanks for the heads-up jcalex. One warning on-the way!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast