Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thank you, vortex. I can vouch that Professor Borjas sent that e-mail because Borjas forwarded that e-mail to me earlier today.

Does anyone remember being a patient and having to ask your Dr. or nurse to wash their hands......or with a magic marker say don't cut this leg off...it's the other one?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Switching between subjects within the editorial

One of my favorite contentions is that the opportunity in Mexico is greater than widely recognized. If the people that are financing Mexican illegal immigration the quality of life would improve enough so that they would not want to come.

I am aware that Mexican GDP per capita is a 25 per cent of what ours is. The rural income per capita is about 10 per cent. A person can live on less there however and that is what the standard of living being 132 per cent of what theirs is means.

Taken in those terms it would be easy for living standards to rise if immigrants instead of helping their households in Mexico in consumption of processed food and store bought clothing or building new houses actually invested instead. The income from their investments could then pay for consumption from income made in Mexico.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Borjas revised his previous research to conclude that the effect on the average wages of U.S. workers from all immigration, documented and undocumented, was exactly zero percent.
    Even assuming the above is accurate (which according to Bowman's post is not), wages are only one of the many tremendous costs that Americans bear due to the crush of illegal immigration. And just because illegals can make more $$ in our country in no way morally justifies this.

Marcella Sanchez is full of it, flailing about, trying in vain to justify illegal immigration.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Borjas revised his previous research to conclude that the effect on the average wages of U.S. workers from all immigration, documented and undocumented, was exactly zero percent.
    Even assuming the above is accurate (which according to Bowman's post is not), wages are only one of the many tremendous costs that Americans bear due to the crush of illegal immigration. And just because illegals can make more $$ in our country in no way morally justifies this.

Marcella Sanchez is full of it, flailing about, trying in vain to justify illegal immigration.

Sanchez is absolutely lying. Borjas said that much in an e-mail to me, but he didn't reply back when I asked for permission to go public with his e-mail. Unlike liars such as Sanchez, I have scruples and won't release the e-mail without permission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123