Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CITGO BUYCOTT!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CITGO BUYCOTT!!

http://www.commondreams.org/views05/0516-25.htm

Published on Monday, May 16, 2005 by CommonDreams.org
    Buy Your Gas at Citgo: Join the BUY-cott!
    by Jeff Cohen

Looking for an easy way to protest Bush foreign policy week after week? And an easy way to help alleviate global poverty? Buy your gasoline at Citgo stations.

And tell your friends.

Of the top oil producing countries in the world, only one is a democracy with a president who was elected on a platform of using his nation's oil revenue to benefit the poor. The country is Venezuela. The President is Hugo Chavez. Call him "the Anti-Bush."

Citgo is a U.S. refining and marketing firm that is a wholly owned subsidiary of Venezuela's state-owned oil company. Money you pay to Citgo goes primarily to Venezuela -- not Saudi Arabia or the Middle East. There are 14,000 Citgo gas stations in the US. (Click here http://www.citgo.com/CITGOLocator/StoreLocator.jsp to find one near you.) By buying your gasoline at Citgo, you are contributing to the billions of dollars that Venezuela's democratic government is using to provide health care, literacy and education, and subsidized food for the majority of Venezuelans.

Instead of using government to help the rich and the corporate, as Bush does, Chavez is using the resources and oil revenue of his government to help the poor in Venezuela. A country with so much oil wealth shouldn't have 60 percent of its people living in poverty, earning less than $2 per day. With a mass movement behind him, Chavez is confronting poverty in Venezuela. That's why large majorities have consistently backed him in democratic elections. And why the Bush administration supported an attempted military coup in 2002 that sought to overthrow Chavez.

So this is the opposite of a boycott. Call it a BUYcott. Spread the word.

Of course, if you can take mass transit or bike or walk to your job, you should do so. And we should all work for political changes that move our country toward a cleaner environment based on renewable energy. The BUYcott is for those of us who don't have a practical alternative to filling up our cars.

So get your gas at Citgo. And help fuel a democratic revolution in Venezuela.

Jeff Cohen is an author and media critic (www.jeffcohen.org)

Chavez is opposed to the FTAA!! Could be a Friend.

Chavez is also distrustful of Bush!! Could be a Smart Guy.

Bush tried to overthrow a duly elected President of a Democracy in South America. Are we paying Bush to do THAT?

I think Bush needs to "stand down", grab his suitcase and Laura and head south...oops....he might run into Chavez....head north to Canada perhaps.....naaaah, they won't want him....then to the Ranch and Live Out His Days in Peace there....ooops....no, the Mom is there....or he could go to Baghdad where he has friends...ooops....no, the Shiites overthrew his puppet Mayor of Baghdad today, Timini the Weeny....or to London and hang out with Tony for awhile.....oooops....no, the Brits are wising up....France perhaps, Paris is always lovely....oooops....no, he sent his buddy Bill Clinton there to tell the French how "stupid they were" to vote down the EU Constitutation while trying to raise money for Tsunami Victims.....oooops:

I think Bush is surrounded.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hugo Chavez, despite slanted reporting, is a very good man. He is down for his nation and his people, which is something that we could use. I will buy my $4.75 a gallon gas from him.
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Thanks for the info SIXX!!

Better to support a Venezuelan Democracy than Saudia Arabian Princes holding hands with the ManiaX!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I thought I heard Mark Hyman say that Chavez was anti Democracy because he didn’t support CAFTA. So in turning the doublespeak around, that would mean he is for Democracy. Funny, I already buy from CITGO and our Free Gas Promotions are Pre-paid CITGO GAS CARDS!
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    I thought I heard Mark Hyman say that Chavez was anti Democracy because he didn’t support CAFTA. So in turning the doublespeak around, that would mean he is for Democracy. Funny, I already buy from CITGO and our Free Gas Promotions are Pre-paid CITGO GAS CARDS!
    I don't know who Hyman is, but I know Hugo Chavez. I helped train him at the School of the Americas. He is fine and honorable man and one of the most brave and dedicated soldiers I have ever met. He is very much pro-Democracy and the government that he runs is smooth. This is my rule of thumb: Any body that Bush is against, I am FOR. It is kind of like that old adage "The enemy of my enenmy is my friend".
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Good to know SIXX and THANKS!!

Mark Hyman hosts The Point with Mark Hyman, a commentary program appearing daily on dozens of Sinclair TV stations with a daily household audience more than two and one-half million viewers. Mark has relied heavily on his more than 20 years of experience as a military veteran and intelligence officer in addressing commentary topics. His role as on-air commentator has taken him across the country and to locations abroad, including reporting daily commentaries from the war zone in Iraq .

Mark served briefly in the Army before attending college on an Army ROTC scholarship. He was later accepted to the U. S. Naval Academy from which he graduated in 1981. He served as a naval officer on ships assigned to the east and west coasts and he served in the U.S. Navy’s European headquarters in London . He has conducted worldwide travel with extensive time spent in the Middle East . He left active duty in 1989 and became employed as a civilian in the Office of Naval Intelligence, which included assignments with the U.S. On-Site Inspection Agency as a disarmament treaty weapons inspector in former Warsaw Pact countries. A Captain in the Naval Reserve, he has served in leadership positions in CIA’s National Warning Staff, the U.S. National Reconnaissance Office, Naval Space Command and Naval Intelligence.

In 1995, he attended Johns Hopkins University on an American Political Science Association Congressional Fellowship and worked in the U.S. House of Representatives. He joined Sinclair in 1997 in a management role and he began appearing in televised commentaries in 2001. He assumed the full-time position of on-air commentator in 2002. He is an officer and director of the Maryland-D.C.-Delaware Broadcasters Association. He has appeared on network and cable television news programs, on nationally-syndicated and local radio programs, and has been interviewed for numerous national publications. He is a frequent public speaker, has served as a panel member at numerous conventions and he has testified before Congress.

The military organizations in which he has served have been awarded four CIA National Intelligence Meritorious Unit Commendations during his service, and he has been awarded the Navy Meritorious Civilian Service Award, and several Navy and Joint military awards. He was selected as an International Who’s Who of Professionals for 1998 and 2001 and Who’s Who for 2001and 2002. He is active in several area community and charity groups. He is married and has four children. His oldest son is a veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps.

http://www.newscentral.tv/station/bios/mhyman.shtml

He also happens to be
    V.P. CORP. RELATIONS, SINCLAIR BROADCASTING
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,135298,00.html
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Right JP!! With the doublespeak, truth in reverse communication program, Chavez would be pro-democracy because CAFTA is anti-democracy as we all know. I'm buying CITGO all the way now. We have 2 stations in my town!!

That is quite a military background Hyman has, isn't it?

I don't get a Sinclair station down here. It's pro-Bush isn't it?

ARE THEY PRO-BUSH......

I think I saw Hyman's lip prints on Bush's backside if that answers your question.

JP--I just love you! Tears are streamin'!!

I figured as much but wanted to know for sure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast