Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I, too, have a close relative that is in the construction business, has been for a long time and today is barely making it, may file for bankruptcy. The IA's infiltrated this area decades ago in my state. What once gave many citizens a decent living has basically disappeared. Infuriating and sad.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Yonderis
    Hi SicNTiredInSoCal and Thank you. It's good to be here. I'm in good company.

No imposition at all. I had a construction business. (Drywall.) I feel for LoneProtester. That's what I felt like at the time. Broke my heart the day I told my guys to find other employment.

GC's were hiring the IA's to do the jobs to get them to completion. THEN, those same jerks (who used to give us the jobs) would call us in for "pick-up" work - as in, to fix the IA substandard work that was holding up the job/inspections.

It was a huge fight (I'll not repeat the language) between me and the GC's when I refused to continue doing pick-up work only. Bottom line - I told them they could get their (expletive) IA's back to fix their (expletive).

Pick-up work doesn't feed a family where it's one to a household and they pay 100% of their own bills.

IA's were undercutting us by 25% and more. Easy to do when it's four to a household and they are only paying 25% of the bills and no taxes.

I had enough banked personally and through the business to carry my guys for two months and they had that much time to find new employers. Three had to go out of state back then.

Broke my heart. These were friends. People we bbq'd with, attended birthday parties with, etc.. People who entered my home with no fear of GSD's and let their children play with them. We were together through births, deaths, etc. And, as a result of the damned IA's, I had to let them go and close the doors.

Sorry. Didn't mean to run on like that.

It's been almost 15 years and that was back in California.

Some things you just never get over. And you learn earlier than most the damage that IA's can do to the American family and worker.
    I'm so sorry to hear that. It's just not right. The construction industry is where I first noticed the invasion. Sites that the month before were all white and black crews because that was the demographics of our community were suddenly all hispanic crews who didn't speak English. They came to our project wanting to hire on. We asked where are you from and why don't you speak English. They had interpretors who said Mexico, work cheap, under the table. Aghast, I asked them to leave and not come back.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Holy Cats! The contractor must have been lying then. Nobody goes to jail for that.

I understand what your friend said about taking work away and making more work for him. They took the work away from us by under-bidding us to the GC but then the GC would call us to fix the "screwups". We did charge majorly for it. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to keep supporting six men who supported their families. These were all tract homes. Oh, yeah. You get what you pay for. They did find that out.

Thank you re: Ry. I like to say he favors his mother but don't tell him that right now. He doesn't know I'm back on the darn steroids again for the lungs. Can you say..."moonface"?!!!! I won't tell you what my son calls it.

The dog (Giza) is my service dog. She was a baby in the picture with Ry and he was teaching her bad habits.

Can't speak for how the entire military feels about Nobama. I can tell you that he told me they are facing a possible second tour without a break home. When I commented that Nobama was talking about not sending any more troops over he changed the subject and told me that he'd probably have enough saved for a down-payment on a house when he got home.

Translation/code: Shut up, Mom. Can't talk about it. Interpreting translation/code as a Mom? Nobama will keep them there to avoid sending more troops - public relations for him. He can still claim he's not sending any more troops and is working at bringing them home.

As I told him - rule #1 - never commit anything to writing (e-mail) that you wouldn't want anyone else to see.

Apparently, he's adhering to that. Good boy.

If he finds a way to let me know any different I'll let you know. For right now, I'm in the dark about how they all feel.
    An American of Irish descent - NOT an "Irish-American".
    He is my son. He currently serves for us in Iraq.

jean -Wish your friend the best of luck from me. I was in the California desert when I lost mine about 15 years ago now. My heart aches for him/her. I was facing the same thing had I not told the guys to find other employment and closed the doors. Wiped out my personal account and my business account supporting them for just that two months.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    I'm so sorry to hear that. It's just not right. The construction industry is where I first noticed the invasion. Sites that the month before were all white and black crews because that was the demographics of our community were suddenly all hispanic crews who didn't speak English. They came to our project wanting to hire on. We asked where are you from and why don't you speak English. They had interpretors who said Mexico, work cheap, under the table. Aghast, I asked them to leave and not come back.
    Oh, I KNOW! So many used to literally acost Victor, my lead man, because he was of Hispanic decent. Born here of the daughter of immigrants. They fully expected him to get them "paperwork" so that they could work for me or anyone else without question. I won't repeat what he told them. They learned real quick that he "wasn't one of them" as they tried to imply.

Yes. Before the influx of IA's we had great white workers and some fabulous, FABULOUS Black masons. OMGosh, the gorgeous work they would do. The homes we worked on were in the $300-500K range back then. Next thing we knew the masons were replaced with IA's and so were we.

And yet, to listen to them, the only jobs they're "taking" are those that American's won't work?

Bull. I, and apparently you, have seen that lie play out first-hand.

Ran into an acquaitance a few years ago who had opened a roofing business in FL during the boom times. Talking, I happened to ask who he was hiring these days, and he said Mexicans--if an American crew will do a job for $400, while a hard-working Mexican crew will do it for $100, it meant more profit for him bidding as the contractor. I nearly punched him.
    As far as any help groups for ALIPAC addition syndrome, I have faced that there are none.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Ran into an acquaitance a few years ago who had opened a roofing business in FL during the boom times. Talking, I happened to ask who he was hiring these days, and he said Mexicans--if an American crew will do a job for $400, while a hard-working Mexican crew will do it for $100, it meant more profit for him bidding as the contractor. I nearly punched him.
    As far as any help groups for ALIPAC addition syndrome, I have faced that there are none.
    Exactly! They can undercut the bid by that amount because they live 3-4 families per household and pay 25-30% of the bills. American workers live one family per household and pay 100% of the bills.

Pity you didn't punch him.

Well, I'm afraid that, until the problem is eliminated (get rid of stupid politicians making decisions against the public good) we're just going to have to suffer through our ALIPAC addiction. And take action accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonderis
    jean -Wish your friend the best of luck from me. I was in the California desert when I lost mine about 15 years ago now. My heart aches for him/her. I was facing the same thing had I not told the guys to find other employment and closed the doors. Wiped out my personal account and my business account supporting them for just that two months.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Oh, I KNOW! So many used to literally acost Victor, my lead man, because he was of Hispanic decent. Born here of the daughter of immigrants. They fully expected him to get them "paperwork" so that they could work for me or anyone else without question. I won't repeat what he told them. They learned real quick that he "wasn't one of them" as they tried to imply.

Yes. Before the influx of IA's we had great white workers and some fabulous, FABULOUS Black masons. OMGosh, the gorgeous work they would do. The homes we worked on were in the $300-500K range back then. Next thing we knew the masons were replaced with IA's and so were we.

And yet, to listen to them, the only jobs they're "taking" are those that American's won't work?

Bull. I, and apparently you, have seen that lie play out first-hand.
    Oh yes, I've seen that lie played out first-hand. I first noticed it here in the construction industry because it was so visible, then when I looked into it further, I learned it was in our agricultural industry, and our manufacturing industry. Then I noticed a Mexican bus line had opened up on an old retail location. So I went searching and asked some of the workers how they got here. They said "the bus". They were busing them in in broad daylight on a phony "tourist bus". Thousands of them.

That claim that they're just here "Doing Jobs Americans Won't Do" is an absolute total evil traitor's lie, as of course you know.

It's so infuriating. I worry about the construction because I don't think it's quality any more and people are paying fortunes for homes and stores and buildings built with third-rate careless unqualified workers who can't even read a blue print or the instructions or the building code, so how can they build it to an engineering blue print, instructions or building code?

People need to wake up. They've been duped big time. No wonder the Federal Reserve and Treasury Department made the suggestion a few months ago that they maybe what they should do is just buy all those foreclosed upon new homes, demolish them and start over. Can you imagine? I guess they'll call that one Cash for Clunker Homes.

These people running our country are not only insane, they're stupid and evil. I guess you've heard about the Chinese drywall problem? The dry wall that's toxic and makes people sick? Free Trade isn't "free" people. Those homes have to be destroyed or gutted and rebuilt. The insurance companies were paying for it at first until they found out how many there were and decided "whoa, that's not a casualty event".

Americans are in jeopardy in every way imaginable because of this treason both over the borders and immigration as well as free trade treason. Anyone who speaks in favor of free trade needs to have their head examined in my opinion. We need protected regulated trade and we need it yesterday along with secure borders and a government that cares about the welfare and well-being of the American People, and no one else.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123