Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer
    I can't believe the Feds are still keeping the money. We must be really hard up!
    YES, WE ARE! The US has a trade deficit in the TRILLIONS. So, yes, every penny counts!
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCowgirl
    Am I alone in thinking that we should give him the money minus taxes?
    I can't imagine why you would want to give Pedro the money back. He had no right to be in this country, much less working here and not paying taxes.

He broke several laws, and this is what he gets.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

"Ignorance of the Law is know excuse" It has always been this way for citizens and if it is good enough for us it is good enough for everyone else.

No picking and choosing, if it is the law enforce it, or try to change it legally.This is one of our biggest problems now, people in power are refusing to enforce our laws, if the idiots even know what they are.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Orange Alerts!
    "CAPS ACTION ALERT.......Please take ACTION "
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&p=488118
    Support.. HR1940 STOP BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=81156
    STOP..HR1999 15million$$$$ funding to LaRaza
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=80374
    "State Legistatures for Legal Immigration" PETITION
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=84944
    Welcome to "AIIPAC"
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=83274
    WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT ALIPAC Please Contribute!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... page&pid=9
    Contact Info...Senators, Representatives & USEFUL INFORMATION
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&p=384761
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasCowgirl
    Am I alone in thinking that we should give him the money minus taxes?
    I'm in agreement, TexasCowgirl. The key point is...he was going home! Unfortunately, he was ignorant of the law regarding transporting cash. Yes, he was here illegally...but he committed no crimes while he was here and he didn't bring a wife and six kids to be supported by taxpayers.

When I saw the news clips of his mother and sisters in Guatamala, I couldn't help but feel compassion for this guy. He just wanted to earn enough to take care of his poverty stricken family. Good grief, he was only earning $5.50/hr. as a lowly dishwasher, and it took him 11 years of his life to save up! Give him back his money and let him go home.

If all the reports are accurate, he did us no harm. We need to concentrate on the criminal illegals who are robbing our system, committing violent crimes, marching in the streets, demanding amnesty, and REFUSING to go home!

...but he committed no crimes while he was here and he didn't bring a wife and six kids to be supported by taxpayers"

Excuse me? Tax evasion is a crime! Try evading your taxes for eleven years and see how much sympathy IRS has for you.

This illegal alien deserves no sympathy--he is stupid enough to think its OK to invade a foreign nation, work without paying taxes, and then haul his booty out in a duffle bag. OMG he is stupid.

I say deport him NOW and send that $59,000 to the families of the border patro agents,

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    PhredE, I think one news report said he was working under the table, so he didn't need a SSN. (NOTE TO ICE: Please check out his employer!)

AmericanMe, I am sorry but on this point I have to respectfully disagree with you. If we make an exception of one, then we must make an exception for everyone. That is only fair. (That is what my boss always told me! LOL) And Americans are fair. Up to the point he got caught, only 2 people benefitted from his illegal presence here: Zapeta and his employer. Not us. We did not benefit in 2 ways: 1) He misplaced another American worker 2) We did not get the tax benefit of his income.

It's the same situation as all those UNTAXED dollar remittances to Mexico, only in Zapeta's case he handcarried it instead of wiring it. What is the amount? Oh yeah, $30 BILLION A YEAR. Granted, some of that was taxed, but I really doubt the majority of it was, since most illegals work off the books.

What we must keep in mind -- at all times -- is that Lady Justice is BLIND. She is not selective. She doesn't pick and choose who gets to get away with murder. Zapeta broke immigration law, customs law, labor law, and income tax laws (that I know of; there could be others). If the laws presently on our books now say the govt can confiscate ALL his money, then so be it, because that same law can be carried out on American citizens as well.

Do not fall for the "sob story" MSM media ploys. It is their gimmick to get you on their side. When the OBL has lost all logical debate, they resort to tugging on your emotions. Don't be fooled by that. But we just have to stay focused ON THE LAW AND THE FACTS. That is why jurors are instructed to base their decision on the facts, and nothing but the facts.

Zapeta does not have my sympathy. He broke so many laws. Oh, and Mr. Zapeta, ignorance of the law does not exempt you of your crime.
    EX_OC...My reaction to this story even caught ME off guard! I am always the first to say "Enforce the Existing Laws...No Exceptions"! I have also been a vocal activist against illegal for years in So. Cal. Have also been a victim of ID theft and crimes by illegals...par for the course here in Mexifornia.

I am in no way defending the actions of Zepeta, but simply felt the punishment did not fit the crime. Why spend taxpayers money for lawyers, etc to keep him here for two years? Why not just take whatever back taxes he owes, and send him home? Is it fair and just to take every dollar he earned washing dishes for 11 years? That's all I'm saying..just one person's opinion.

I understand most here will disagree with me, that's fine. I guess this particular guy isn't as bad as most illegals, he was leaving, he didn't bring his whole family here and start popping out anchors. Maybe that's why I'm more sympathetic. I feel I can have a slightly different opinion once in a while, it doesn't mean I'm going to stop my calls or faxes.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

A tumbling tumbleweed goes wherever the wind blows.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    PhredE, I think one news report said he was working under the table, so he didn't need a SSN. (NOTE TO ICE: Please check out his employer!)

AmericanMe, I am sorry but on this point I have to respectfully disagree with you. If we make an exception of one, then we must make an exception for everyone. That is only fair. (That is what my boss always told me! LOL) And Americans are fair. Up to the point he got caught, only 2 people benefitted from his illegal presence here: Zapeta and his employer. Not us. We did not benefit in 2 ways: 1) He misplaced another American worker 2) We did not get the tax benefit of his income.

It's the same situation as all those UNTAXED dollar remittances to Mexico, only in Zapeta's case he handcarried it instead of wiring it. What is the amount? Oh yeah, $30 BILLION A YEAR. Granted, some of that was taxed, but I really doubt the majority of it was, since most illegals work off the books.

What we must keep in mind -- at all times -- is that Lady Justice is BLIND. She is not selective. She doesn't pick and choose who gets to get away with murder. Zapeta broke immigration law, customs law, labor law, and income tax laws (that I know of; there could be others). If the laws presently on our books now say the govt can confiscate ALL his money, then so be it, because that same law can be carried out on American citizens as well.

Do not fall for the "sob story" MSM media ploys. It is their gimmick to get you on their side. When the OBL has lost all logical debate, they resort to tugging on your emotions. Don't be fooled by that. But we just have to stay focused ON THE LAW AND THE FACTS. That is why jurors are instructed to base their decision on the facts, and nothing but the facts.

Zapeta does not have my sympathy. He broke so many laws. Oh, and Mr. Zapeta, ignorance of the law does not exempt you of your crime.
    EX_OC...My reaction to this story even caught ME off guard! I am always the first to say "Enforce the Existing Laws...No Exceptions"! I have also been a vocal activist against illegal for years in So. Cal. Have also been a victim of ID theft and crimes by illegals...par for the course here in Mexifornia.

I am in no way defending the actions of Zepeta, but simply felt the punishment did not fit the crime. Why spend taxpayers money for lawyers, etc to keep him here for two years? Why not just take whatever back taxes he owes, and send him home? Is it fair and just to take every dollar he earned washing dishes for 11 years? That's all I'm saying..just one person's opinion.
    I understand where you are coming from, AmericanMe, believe me I do. And of course, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, and I respect that. (Hey, at least you HAVE an opinion! That is a sign of a thinking mind!) I have my own opinion too, but unfortunately what we think is moot. It's in the hands of the law right now. The law will decide his fate.

Ya, it makes me mad too that, now, we have to spend taxpayer money for this trial and house and feed him 3 squares a day for 2 years. Just like we are doing to the hundreds of thousands of illegal criminals in jail now. But our laws put them in there. That is our system. Everybody gets a trial. We just have to seal that border now so when they are released they don't come back again. Who knows, maybe Zapeta would have tried to come back again to make more money illegally, displacing another American worker. That is certainly a possibility. So I hope the 2 years in jail and the confiscation of his money will teach him a lesson: "Crime does not pay. Do not cross the border illegally."

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA......but I'm hoping we can keep the costs in line.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA......but I'm hoping we can keep the costs in line.
    Me too.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast