Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DNC Convention - Protesters march for immigrant rights

http://www.denverpost.com/politicswestnews/ci_10325314
    Protesters march for immigrant rights
    By Kirk Mitchell
    The Denver Post

Article Last Updated: 08/28/2008 09:30:43 AM MDT

A group calling itself "World Can't Wait" is leading a march protesting harsh measures taken against illegal immigrants, with about 300-400 marchers involved and more expected.
    The march began shortly after 9 a.m. at Rude Park, 2855 W. Howard Place, and will go to Lincoln Park, West 12th Avenue and Mariposa Street, according to march oganizers.
    "This is Germany in the 1930's all over again!" according to a news release. "The past seven years of the Bush regime have seen a dramatic escalation of attacks on immigrants on many fronts."
    But marchers say they don't believe there would be significant changes under a Barack Obama or John McCain administration.
    "Obama has made no call to reverse this whole ugly program," the news release says.
    "Stop the attacks on Immigrants! Stop the ICE raids! Stop the Criminal Bush Program!" the news release says.
    Van loads of marchers were unloading still at 9 a.m., as hundreds were gathered ready to start the march.
    "I think it will be the most dramatic march we've had to this point," organizer Rudy Gonzales said. "We want the ICE raids to end immediately.
    "We want to build bridges and not walls between our countries," he said. "We want pathways to citizenship. We want to decriminalize immigration."
    Meanwhile, police began monitoring anti-immigration protesters who were reported as gathering at intersections along the parade route.
    March supporters at the starting point included those with T-shirts that proclaim: "Immigrate rights are human rights."
    Felipe Perez, 32, of Denver, said he is a first-generation citizen who lays tile for work, and that several members of his family were deported, including his aunt, who was pregnant when one day she just disappeared.
    "We didn't know what happened to her. Something has to be done to open our borders. I still have family members who come here to make a better life," he said.
    The Rev. Ron Stief, of Washington, D.C., helped organize the march. Said he has traveled the country visiting illegal immigrants held in detention centers.
    "There is no issue more important than how we care for immigrants," he said. "The way that families can not be united is a problem as well as the way people have been criminalized and end up in jail."
    Kirk Mitchell: 303-954-1206 or kmitchell@denverpost.com

Do you think the police will arrest any of them? I have been reading Denver newspaper and they have arrested others who have protested for what ever reason.

It will be interesting to see - all the other demonstrators at the convention reportedly have been physically confined within what they call the "Freedom Cage", a restricted area closely monitored by law enforcement!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

organizer Rudy Gonzales said. "We want the ICE raids to end immediately.
    "We want to build bridges and not walls between our countries," he said. "We want pathways to citizenship. We want to decriminalize immigration."
    How absolutely obviously stupid of this guy. Immigration is not a crime, illegal immigration IS!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This kind of attitude reminds me of when I went to the Embassy for my visa. The guy in fron of me wanted to know why he couldn't bring in 21 of his relatives on his visa! The person doing the interviewing tried to explain that because they were all adults they would all need to apply for their own visas - Duh. The guy got quite irate & had to be 'removed'.

When my turn came the guy behind the desk rolled his eyes and said "and how many people do you want to bring with you?' Just me!

Where on earth does this sense of entitlement come from?

I'm so sick of the seperating familys argument!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone is doing anything Illegally they know that their is a good chance that they will be arrested and sent away from their family's!!!!!!!

So lets stop sending criminals to jail anymore because it seperates them from their familys, according to that logic!!!!!!!!!!

Do these people even have a brain!!!!!!!!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

It amazes me how they can come into someone elses country and DEMAND DEMAND DEMAND, What gall...Just where is ICE!!!!!!!

They demand our borders be open This person is beyond stupid!!

GEEE I wonder why we are so sick and tired, down right fed up with illegal immigrants.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Re: DNC Convention - Protesters march for immigrant rights

But marchers say they don't believe there would be significant changes under a Barack Obama or John McCain administration.
    "Obama has made no call to reverse this whole ugly program," the news release says.

These people aren't satisfied with Obama or McCain anymore than the citizens of this country are.....albeit for different reasons.

Is there any further proof needed that IAs, their advocates, and the governments of their home countries....especially Mexico.....will settle for nothing less than complete and total anarchy for illegal Latinos in this country?

They are right though.......they won't see any sginifcant changes under either as Prez......at least no changes they will like.......because the American people will make damned sure of it.

"I think it will be the most dramatic march we've had to this point," organizer Rudy Gonzales said. "We want the ICE raids to end immediately.

More with the DEMANDS Go south with your demands and gimme attitudes.

America has had enough.

Felipe Perez, 32, of Denver, said he is a first-generation citizen who lays tile for work, and that several members of his family were deported, including his aunt, who was pregnant when one day she just disappeared.

Oh, what a nice touch in effort to draw comparisons between enforcement of our laws, Hitler and Gestapo tactics..........this pregnant woman just simply vanished one day at the hands of our government and they still have no idea what happened to her.

These people are freaking pathetic...........

ELE

To be an illegals a criminal actions was commited!

Anyone that is in our country without our knowledge, invitation, or permission i.e illegals are criminals....so we should charge them for the cost of deporting them back to Mexico and/or their country of origin.

I'm surprised that the Democratics haven't catered a cavier lunch for the criminals! Sometimes you just have to be sarcastic! smile

Re: To be an illegals a criminal actions was commited!

Quote Originally Posted by ELE
    Anyone that is in our country without our knowledge, invitation, or permission i.e illegals are criminals....so we should charge them for the cost of deporting them back to Mexico and/or their country of origin.

I'm surprised that the Democratics haven't catered a cavier lunch for the criminals! Sometimes you just have to be sarcastic! smile

I know what you mean "cavier lunch" that was good and oh so true! I am surprised also.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast