Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NEWS RELEASE
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Lt. Chris Wynn
    DATE: 03-13-10 PHONE: (760) 839-4901
    DUI / DRIVERS LICENSE CHECKPOINT: March 12, 2010

On March 12, 2010 the Escondido Police Department conducted a DUI Sobriety / Drivers License
    Checkpoint at the intersection of Ash Street and Oakhill from 6:00 PM until 12:00 AM. The
    emphasis of this checkpoint was to detect intoxicated and unlicensed drivers as well as to provide
    a highly visible operation to deter driving under the influence.

The following activity resulted from this checkpoint:
     1,415 vehicles entered the checkpoint
     1,058 vehicles were screened in primary
    85 vehicles sent to secondary (drivers who could not produce a drivers license or who were
    suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs)
     3 driver were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
     1 persons were arrested for possession of a controlled substance
     5 field sobriety tests were administered
    35 vehicles were impounded at this checkpoint, 5 drivers did not have auto insurance, 4 drivers had a suspended drivers license
    and 30 drivers did not have a drivers license 40 citations were issued at this checkpoint

This checkpoint operated in conjunction with Mothers Against Drunk Driving and the North CountyLaw Enforcement Traffic Safety Council.

Funding for this program was provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety,through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
    Drunk Driving; Over the Limit, Under Arrest. Report Drunk Drivers, Call 911

http://www.ci.escondido.ca.us/POLICE/ne ... -13-10.pdf

(157) Comments

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/escon ... e=comments

Somebody will have to make comments for me as I have been banned from this site for about a year now. I also stopped buying thieir newspaper at about the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    The woman, who did not want her full name used because she is an illegal immigrant, said her car has been impounded twice because she does not have a driver's license.
    If Escondido participated in the 287(g) program this lady would probably not be marching in the streets making problems over a city ordinance (or policy) - her butt would be back in Mexico or wherever she came from. Oops, sorry, I forgot that Ms. Janet has issued a standing ''catch and release" order (whenever possible) or at least it seems that way.
    DITTO MW!

The woman, who did not want her full name used because she is an illegal immigrant, said her car has been impounded twice because she does not have a driver's license.

She said she has to drive to take her children to school, church and after-school activities. She said she had to pay more than $3,500 in towing, storage and other fees to recover her car.
    Where is this invader getting all this money to bail out her car each time it's impounded? What other laws is she breaking? God only knows!

Go to church and after-school activities!! Yea right! More SOB propaganda! These invaders are LIERS!

It's the law be damned with these invaders! They are not going to obey the law. It’s that simple! We are losing this country to these derelicts. The fact that they feel emboldened enough to protest and demand that our laws not be enforced is indicative of that!

And then they have the audacity to protest and demand that those who are charged with enforcing our laws stop doing so or step down!

What the hell is going on in this country!! Why is this being tolerated! WHERE IS ICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

She said she has to drive to take her children to school, church and after-school activities. She said she had to pay more than $3,500 in towing, storage and other fees to recover her car.

As uneducated as they are, they think just because they are able to buy and own a car, it is their "RIGHT" to drive where they please.

It is a privilege to drive in the USA, not a human right.
    Travis and Crockett, are flopping in their graves

I keep hearing people mention Ulga's coffee shop; could somebody please post it's name? I am curious and would like to check it out myself.
    http://www.bluemugcoffee.com/

LOVE THE LOCALS

http://www.bluemugcoffee.com/escondidoshines/

Drugs furnished by the ILLEGALS, Drug Wars by the ILLEGALS, United States Citizens murdered by the ILLEGALS but not to worry the Sanctuary Cities of the United States will continue to furnish Cheap ILLEGAL Labor for the Elitist Political Contributors and Special Interest Groups who of course feel safe in their Gated Communities. If you venture out and you are murdered by an ILLEGAL Drunk Driver or you are a Police Officer murdered by an ILLEGAL during the commission of a crime or a traffic stop or a United States Citizen is in the "wrong" place (Sanctuary City) and caught in the cross fire just remember Our Elitist Politicians and their Elitist Political Contributors consider those murdered by their ILLEGALS as a SMALL SACRIFICE for THEIR CHEAP LABOR!

Re: .

Quote Originally Posted by sdbrit68
    I ride with a club, the police at motorcycle events, do these " safety" checkpoints all the time.

unlike DUI check point where they have to follow rules, and have a civilian watchdog make sure they only stop what ever number vehicle they agreed on, like every 5th car

The rules vary in every state. I'm in a state where the rules are barely written into statute. The DUI checkpoints are ineffective in every state, often resulting in zero arrests.

The DUI checkpoints are also not a deterrent as many law enforcement officers suggest. A recent analyis of Maryland's program Checkpoint Strikeforce found that checkpoints do not deter citizens from driving drunk

That's because they are not DUI checkpoints anymore. They are info grabbing checkpoints nowadays and they are used to get the people accustomed to having it so that the more the government tightens the iron fist, the more it will be accepted.

But as long as things are left in a state of utter free for all, the more these measures wil have to be used. Close the border, deport the illegals, and it won't be necessary anymore, unless somebody commits a terrible crime and the authorities need to apprehend them. Like in the bad old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Skip
    (157) Comments

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/escon ... e=comments

Somebody will have to make comments for me as I have been banned from this site for about a year now. I also stopped buying thieir newspaper at about the same time.

They have wiped out a couple of my comments and replaced with the following:

"Editors Note *
    This post has been hidden due to a potential policy violation. "

They've closed the comments, but at a glance it looks like most back the Escondido police...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast