Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Family's may be destroyed

First of all I'm a new member. I've been doing alot of research the last few days on this immigration debate. I am an American citizen. I have a wife who is an illegal Mexican immigrant. we have 2 beutifull daughters who are American citizens also. We have been trying to change my wifes status for almost 4 yrs now. My wife has been here since she was very young. She was actually brought over by her uncle.
    I tend to see both sides of this debate. I guess I see most Americans point of view but there have to be some exceptions. There are alot of illigal kids in the US that had no control of how they got here. They have been brought up in our system and some don't even know how to speak spanish (my daughters for example). Although with some of the current proposals I may lose my whole family. If my wife gets sent back for 10 yrs then She'll take my girls, Then I'll be divided between my patriotism and my family. I do agree there needs to be some sort of reform. but....

Your views?

Your wife is one of the folks these people have to "stand in line" behind if she already initiated the process. Do you want 20,000,000 to cut in front of her? How long do you think it would take then?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Why do there have to be exceptions. You made your choice and because of your choice WE have to give in for your benifit. Hmmm does not sound like My Feelings or Rights mean really anything to you. If your children were born in this country then they are Legal. They do not have to leave with your wife. If she trully has there best interest at heart then she would leave them here where there Father could give them the American dream. But if she takes them with her then she is the typical Illegal immigrant demanding more for herself then for her children in this case. Again if this makes you mad then remember you made your dicissions do not hold that against US.
    Your Rights END where MY Rights Begin. You have NO Rights if You Are ILLEGAL.

Although with some of the current proposals I may lose my whole family. If my wife gets sent back for 10 yrs then She'll take my girls, Then I'll be divided between my patriotism and my family. I do agree there needs to be some sort of reform.
    kleatherfoot,

I understand your dilema. However, let's say that your wife was forced back. My guess is that you love your daughters and wife enough to go with them. It's not our fault that she entered illegally. YOU HAVE NO ONE ELSE TO BLAME BUT THIS LOUSEY GOVERNMENT AND THE EMPLOYERS THAT EMPLOY ILLEGALS. They are the ones that really have put you in your situation. Please don't think I'm being insensetive, but we cannot legalize 20 or 30 million overnight to satsify Big Corp. They are the ones that must raise wages, not employ illegals. Good luck in the future

Rockfish
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Should have thought

I think you should have though about the possible consequences of marrying an illegal alien before you took that step.

Maybe you should move to Mexico with them?

Didn't you think there might be some potential drawbacks at some point in the future to marrying an illegal alien.

She gets all the benefits and you could lose your children if she takes them back to Mexico.

I have read numerous articles about Phillipinas being illegal here. They marry whatever white guy comes by, have a couple of kids by him. She then goes to family court claiming he beats her. The court beleives the woman, and gives her a green card because the husband gets a restraining order agains him, even though the charges are fraudulent and bogus. With his restraining order, she has to support herself somehow right? So the court gives her a green card. She then divorces dumb white guy. He loses the case because he's a "wife beater", loses his house, his kids, and the Phillipina is doing some mo-jo high five dance with her homies because she just won A) a green card, B) a house and C) custody of her kids D) alimony. Remember, "she's a victim of a wife beater."
    They come to this country with this scam well worked out, knowing the courts will side with the woman if she claims abuse. They happen to find some unsuspecting citizen who gets duped through all this.

Most of the rest of the world, I have lived abroud for ten years, (South Korea, Laos and the United Arab Emirates) is a lot cagier than the average American. Which is exactly why this whole immigration thing is so out of control. They view Mexican illegals as some humble guy with his hat in hand apologizing to God and country before hopping over the fence. When the reality is Fox prints guidebooks thinly disguised as comic books. This is a state leader conspiring to aid and abet criminal activity in a foreign country. The average American is in fact, sort of naive. After ten years of living abroad and seeing MOTHERS in some countries sell their daughters into prostitution to pay off the farm debt (something you would be hard pressed to find in the US)...I can unerstand why the average American doesn't think this current illegal immigration situation is a big problem. Americans need to wake up and learn that most of the people in the world ARE DESPARATE TO ESCAPE 3rd WORLD TRAGEDIES LIKE MEXICO, AND WILL RISK THEIR LIVES TO COME TO THE US. When was the last time we've ever had to risk our lives in our own country?

Remember, they want to take Cal, Nev, Ar, NM and Texas back. They are in the process right now and MOST Americans are sitting around watching Jerry Seinfeld. Mexicans know the value of living in America more than the average American.

actually it wasn't her choice to come here. Her uncle dragged her here when she was young. as I said there are alot of illigals that are here not by choice but because some parents or other kin brought them here. and by the way I'm not saying to give 20-30 mill illigals amnesty. I'm just saying that after there all accounted for then there should be a case by case discretion

Re: Family's may be destroyed

Quote Originally Posted by kleatherfoot
    First of all I'm a new member. I've been doing alot of research the last few days on this immigration debate. I am an American citizen. I have a wife who is an illegal Mexican immigrant. we have 2 beutifull daughters who are American citizens also. We have been trying to change my wifes status for almost 4 yrs now. My wife has been here since she was very young. She was actually brought over by her uncle.
    I tend to see both sides of this debate. I guess I see most Americans point of view but there have to be some exceptions. There are alot of illigal kids in the US that had no control of how they got here. They have been brought up in our system and some don't even know how to speak spanish (my daughters for example). Although with some of the current proposals I may lose my whole family. If my wife gets sent back for 10 yrs then She'll take my girls, Then I'll be divided between my patriotism and my family. I do agree there needs to be some sort of reform. but....

Your views?
    Well, kleatherfoot, May I suggest you do just like my Family. Yes, kleatherfoot, my Wife is Immigrant a legal One at that. We made our sacrifices to be together. Do you really think that you would be respecting me and my Wife after we went the Legal Route and you Don't. Does that sound right to you?

Before you get into if they Change the Laws. Well, the Damage has been done. If they did it would be spitting in my Wife's Face. Do you really think that I will like that. I don't think so, not one bit.
    Do you think I lost any Patriotism by waiting my Turn. I don't think so. I think I gained even more. Just Knowing I was honoring My Country, It's laws and it's citizens.
    I know it's a struggle to be away from your Spouse, but we grew so much stronger because of it and we have a clear concise of Not spitting in the face's of other family's that have come here legally
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

I wonder how many of the illegals have married citizens and now have children? How many millions would it be?

This is at least the third time I've seen stories similar to this one.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

no one said anything about not waiting. Weve been waiting for 4 yrs

I say this. When an American makes the choice to marry someone who is in our country illegally, they should understand that inherent in that decision is the understanding that they may be forced to choose between their new family and their country. They should consider the possibility that they may have to live their lives together in the illegal alien's country.

It is not the responsibility of the American people to shoulder the problems that arise from the decision to marry an illegal alien. Nor are the American people obligated to ignore the laws of our country to accomodate those who make the decsion to marry an illegal alien.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast