Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Fire Captain Of A NJ Town Is Targeted For Deportation

Fire Captain Of A New Jersey Town Is Targeted For Deportation

First Posted: 9/29/11 05:13 PM ET Updated: 9/30/11 02:53 PM ET

Every day Jesus Manolo Donis tackles a full agenda.

He takes his 3-year-old son to school and makes sure his stepdaughter makes her therapies. He cooks for his fellow neighbors. He is active in the PTA.

And, with palpable pride, Donis serves as captain of the fire department in Rocky Hill, where he is a volunteer and has been the top responder for two years.

“Whether it is our July 4th celebrations, raising money for Haiti, or just pumping out our residents' basements during the big storms," says Rocky Hill Mayor Edward P. Zimmerman, "Jesus is always there and always the first to step up and help."

Something else sets Donis apart -- he is one of the estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants living in the United States, and one of more than 300,000 who are slated for deportation.

For the past two years, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE, has fought tooth and nail to expel him from the country he says is the only one that is really home.

But Donis, 36, is emblematic of the kind of immigrant who advocates say deserves to be considered for permanent lawful U.S. residency -- or more commonly, a "green card."

And he is the kind of immigrant who stands to benefit from a new, albeit controversial, policy by the Obama Administration that calls for suspending deportations while federal agencies review each case and identify "high priority" ones -- such as those involving convicted criminals or people linked to terrorism.

His attorney, Stephen Traylor, sees Donis as testimony to the immigrants that advocates of policies that would allow some undocumented immigrants to legalize say are assets to the United States and should not be showed the door.

“I have never seen someone with these credentials," said Princeton-based attorney Stephen Traylor, who represents Donis. “He speaks perfect English, goes out and helps out the community, and he’s been filing his taxes for eight or nine years now.â€

Bass, of the United Patriots of America, feels the United States needs to draw the line on immigration enforcement firmly, even it means obstacles for undocumented people like Donis
    If you don't draw the line then you just end up with double standard. Which we seem to have enough already and do not need more of this. Time to stop this and the PC that has so rampantly taken over not just the country but our lives. And What is good for one illegal alien should be the same for all of them. If here illegally, then you need to leave or be deported.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    Bass, of the United Patriots of America, feels the United States needs to draw the line on immigration enforcement firmly, even it means obstacles for undocumented people like Donis
    If you don't draw the line then you just end up with double standard. Which we seem to have enough already and do not need more of this. Time to stop this and the PC that has so rampantly taken over not just the country but our lives. And What is good for one illegal alien should be the same for all of them. If here illegally, then you need to leave or be deported.
    The dangerous precedent that could be set is that lawlessness is ok. IMO, this could lead to a tidal wave of people saying "why SHOULD'nt I break the law?
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836