Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

h1b
    I think this poster is confused about what PhredE wrote and what I wrote as an answer and his/her questions are probably addressed to PhredE because PhredE is the source of those comments. It makes funny reading though

Since I will not be taking an inflammatory tone, I have decided to be a part of a discussion that is non-inflammatory in nature and which is based on facts, questions based on perceived facts and logic that is communicated in a conciliatory tone. So, it also implies that I can/will only answer those type of posters that I perceive as non-inflammatory.

Hi guys. Just wanted to make sure the following details are clear:

Coto: I was the one that initially brought up the concept of how the
    h1b program essentially forces the recipient to be 'locked in' to a single employer - making then a de facto indentured servants - or, as I like to say: a 'slave'. So it wasn't h1b making that reference initially, it was me. But, not to worry, I agree with you 100%

h1b: Coto has been around the boards for a long time and knows this subject area pretty well and it's an important subject for him. So, he and I and a few others will write with much emotion on the subject on occasion. In short, though, I'll say that a good many of IT sector workers in the US are extremely cynical of many worker-importation programs as the tendency to misuse, abuse, overuse them has brought many bad consequences to those natives affected by them.

[Part of] my post from above:
    Just remember, one day when you complete your naturalization process (if you choose to do so), then you become one of 'us' - the high-dollar, no- longer-indentured skilled laborer. How will you feel about H1Bs and the importation of competing foreign nationals for your job then?
    h1b's post in response to mine [re: above post]:
    "Just remember, one day when you complete your naturalization process (if you choose to do so), then you become one of 'us' - the high-dollar, no- longer-indentured skilled laborer. How will you feel about H1Bs and the importation of competing foreign nationals for your job then?" - Interesting point! I know my answers will not change. I support H1B AS LONG AS there is a shortage of American workers. I condemn H1B abuse. I condemn reducing wages of American workers and H1Bs. I condemn employers wielding their axe on American workers and H1Bs alike for different reasons. Finally, I HATE illegal immigration!
    HTH

PhE
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hi PhredE,

The abuse is the existence of the H-1B visa in the first place.

The remedy is to abolish the H-1B program entirely so that American citizens can return to work and have a future.

The H-1B program also confounds US college graduates from entering IT career field. This delights Senators Cornyn, Kennedy, McCain, and Hillary Rodham.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234