Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The United Way gave HICA (The Hispanic Coalition of Alabama) $48,000 last year almost half of their total gross. After mentioning that in my speech in Cullman they have removed it from their website. I will never give them a red cent!
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

I wonder how much United Way gives to LaRaza?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Newmexican, I can research it on the web, but I am sure that if you do your own search under United Way, there must be a way to determine contributions in both amount and to whom.

I stopped dontating when I heard a few United Way big wigs were caught digging into the tills.
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

Bearpaw, the American Red Cross had highly paid crooks too...I can't remember the exact percentage that is only allowed for administrative costs before an organization is no longer considered non-profit....but certainly if adminstrative costs exceed more than 10-15% then there should be concern especially if the top dogs get paid half million dollar salaries.

I haven't given to the Red Cross since coming back from Vietnam.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We should form our own charity that will help victims left out in the cold by illegal immigrants and federal politics.

Those who are lower middle class and poor but can't qualify for any assistance because they don't pop out a buch of babies. Those whose housing and neighborhoods are being destroyed by illegals squating. Those who need job training so they can find employment in a new climate of "needing to speak spanish".

We ought to pull our money out of public schools and refuse to pay taxes for them and start our own. Washington Mutual was automatically giving me a small cash back rebate ever time I used my debit card. They just assumed I would give it to the school fund - I raised hell, and said I wanted it credited as cash back. The school system gets enough support and wastes every dime of it supporting illegals and crooked School Board Members.
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

From the website. Full page at;

http://national.unitedway.org/ourwork/index.cfm

Promoting Independence and Economic Self-Sufficiency
    Economic self-sufficiency initiatives helps individuals or families of limited economic means to become more financially independent and less dependent, over time, on human services. The major components of economic self-sufficiency are: asset development; financial literacy and workforce development.
    Helping people and families shore up and increase the resources available to them, so that they have the resources to be a contributing member of society.
    Connecting working families (including immigrants) to traditional financial services and institutions such as banks and credit unions.
    Helping low-income workers claim the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and learn basic financial planning and management skills.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by dlm1968
    I have never given to the United Way anyway.

I never liked their stand on alot of issues.
    After I heard a few years ago about big wigs in their organization taking trips to Hawaii with United Way funds, I don't give them any money anyway anymore.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Charlesoakisland
    I will not support any group or individual who in their actions or deeds directly or indirectly supports or aids illegal immigration.
    Amen! Well said!

I feel the same way. No political or monetary support to anyone who does that.

I'm taking a, "Citizenist," approach when it comes to what groups or individuals to support:

"What is in the best overall interests of the current citizens of the United States?"
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12