Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    The Commercial for Homeland Security USA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErzbEHgJcq0

I hope this doesn't turn into propaganda to convince America that the border is secure. Create a false sense of security.

Don't get me wrong, the BP works their tails off but I would hate to see their hardwork turned into look, we've secured the border, now we can give documents to the illegal aliens.

The current Democratic talking point for the planned Amnesty AKA "Comprehensive Immnigration Reform", is "secure the border first"(like you've seen on TV), and then "document those already here" because "we have to know who they are"...

Thanks Dixie I had heard about it but didn't know how to find it. This is a show that needs to be kept an eye on. Knowing ABC it will turn into propaganda for open border lobbyists. OR Obama will try and shut it down.

Same bad bill.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You can watch promos at these links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErzbEHgJcq0

http://abc.go.com/primetime/homelandsecurity/

You can post a comment about the show or the promos at this link:

http://abc.go.com/primetime/homelandsec ... cat=160031
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

On Monday remind everyone to watch this show on Tuesday night at 8:00 p.m. on ABC.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'll be off work that night.

I'll be watching it.

R/ Skip

1/5/2009

Homeland Security turns reality TV star
    By Lynn Elber
    The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - Ratings champion "American Idol" will face serious competition when it returns this month: the Department of Homeland Security.

"Homeland Security USA," an ABC reality series debuting Tuesday at 8 p.m., tracks the daily efforts of the federal workers responsible for safeguarding the nation's airports, borders, waters and anyplace else threats might arise.

While viewers see the mechanics of agencies including Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the Transportation Security Administration, absent is discussion of such hot-button issues as post-Sept. 11 security programs or immigration policies. That's by design, said series executive producer Arnold Shapiro, whose credits include "Rescue 911" and "Big Brother."

"It doesn't have a political point of view," Shapiro said. "It's not meant to show the (department) higher-ups .... just the average men and women on the front lines protecting our country from various things illegal and dangerous."

"Homeland Security USA" has a week to win viewers before it has to face Fox's hit singing contest, which returns Jan. 13.

The ABC series, filmed with the department's cooperation, is a virtual travelogue in the first episode as it skips from border crossings at Blaine, Wash., and San Ysidro, Calif., to Los Angeles International Airport to a mail processing plant.

Turns out even mail has dramatic possibilities, as sharp-eyed officers pry open toys containing black-market prescription drugs and uncover an exotic and illicit food item: barbecued bats from Thailand.

The show mixes the offbeat and the serious, including drug smugglers, people trying to enter the country with doctored papers and a woman who's been shoved under a car seat in a painful, failed effort to slip into the country.

Not all goes the department's way in the 13 episodes. In one scene, guns are drawn against a man trying to drive across the U.S.-Mexico border with his family, terrifying his wife and young children, until agents discover it's a case of mistaken identity.

Shapiro said that he retained control over the show's creative content. The department prescreened episodes and could ask for deletion of elements that would have revealed law-enforcement strategies, infringed on personal rights or jeopardized pending legal cases.

The series is based on Australia's popular "Border Security," which was optioned by ABC. "Homeland Security USA" is intended as entertainment without a political point of view, said Vicki Dummer, ABC's executive in charge of alternative series.

The department saw the show "as a great opportunity to help the American public understand what their government does and what the Department of Homeland Security, the youngest department, does," said department spokesman Ed Fox.

But "Homeland Security USA" has provoked debate sight unseen. A Facebook page opposing the series drew more than 500 postings within its first few days. Many were negative, including denunciations of the show as government propaganda.

The page was created by Tina Shull, a graduate student in history at the University of California, Irvine, whose critical view of Homeland Security was shaped in part by the detention and deportation of her Albanian husband after he was refused political asylum.

"My biggest fear about the show is it's simplifying a very complex range of duties that DHS takes on. ... It's making light of a very serious, very controversial issue in our society today," Shull said. She wants ABC to reconsider airing it.

Shapiro is adamant in his defense of "Homeland Security USA."

"I don't see how actually and factually documenting something that happens before our eyes, and editing it in a factual way - in other words, not manipulatively, can be considered propaganda," he said.
    http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=119920

And they have a forum to discuss the program. LOL....its gonna get hot in there. I already registered. I can hardly wait for this program to air.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I registered and posted remarks thanking ABC for airing the show, advising that I would be also watching advertisements and supporting companies who support this program.

Television Review | 'Homeland Security USA'
    Protecting Borders and Other (Not Necessarily) Hot Pursuits
    Ron Tom/ABC

“Homeland Security USAâ€

After the show Tuesday at 8:00 p.m. on ABC be sure to come here and post your comments.
    NO AMNESTY

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    After the show Tuesday at 8:00 p.m. on ABC be sure to come here and post your comments.

Great idea. I will absolutely do that.

http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=3052660

This looks like one comment page.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast