Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What has also alarmed many is an amendment being considered for inclusion that would deny citizenship to those babies born in this country if their parents don't have the papers to prove they are in this country legally.
    This is the first of several false statements which prove this lady has her head up her butt! That part was stricken. I guess she wasn't paying attention. I wish it had stayed in.

I wonder if Bush would have considered her part of the "evil axis" ten years ago when he was against illegal immigration????
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    This is the first of several false statements which prove this lady has her head up her butt! That part was stricken. I guess she wasn't paying attention. I wish it had stayed in.

I wonder if Bush would have considered her part of the "evil axis" ten years ago when he was against illegal immigration????
    Here's Olivera's bio from http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... index.html

I got a real giggle out of what she'd do if she "had a spare two hours." Tells a lot about her.

Mercedes Olivera

HOMETOWN: Dallas

EDUCATION/CAREER TRACK: B.A., University of Dallas; M.A., New York University; Fulbright Scholar, Universidad de las Americas-Puebla, Mexico.

MOST UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE ON THE JOB: Going to Israel to a seminar on the Palestinian-Israeli conflict in the middle of an Intifada.

SOMETHING PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT ME: I love to sew!

IF I HAD TWO SPARE HOURS, I WOULD: Work on my book about Mesoamerican goddesses and Guadalupe.

THE SECRET TO A GOOD NEWS COLUMN IS: Show how it impacts human lives.

Hi, mophead! Long time, no see. Love your avatar!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    Hi, mophead! Long time, no see. Love your avatar!
    Thanks, yours too.

If you had two spare hours, would you study "Mesoamerican goddesses?"

:P :P :P

NOT IN THIS LIFETIME!!! I'd search for more CUTE AVATARS!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

The woman needs 'HELP"!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

In Dallas' Parkland Hospital, out of the 16,000 babies delivered in 2003, 4 out of 5 babies delivered were to ILLEGAL ALIEN Mexican mothers. The figures for 2005 were about the same, 4 out of 5 babies delivered were to ILLEGAL ALIEN Mexican mothers. That's approximately 60 babies delivered a day with 30-40 being to ILLEGAL ALIENS. And being as virtually none speak any English, translator services are required at U.S. TAXPAYER expense. Almost 100% of these deliveries were for mothers who are UNINSURED, so most all pre/post natal care, and intensive/premature baby care is provided at U.S. TAXPAYER EXPENSE. Due to the fact that these babies are then automatically U.S citizens, they are then qualified for all types of U.S. TAXPAYER funded public services, such as WIC/AFDC/Food Stamps, housing assistance, MediCaid, etc.

Multiply this by all the hospitals around the country that cater to ILLEGAL ALIENS, you can see why legal immigrants and native born residents are being denied access to adequate healtcare or at exorbitant rates, and TAXPAYERS are being heavily burdend to pay for the services being used up by ILLEGAL ALIENS seeking FREE delivery care, not to mention basic and emegency care not related to births. The only hospital in Bisbee, Arizona had to close because of ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS taking healthcare without paying a single penny for it.

From NATIONAL CONSTITUTION CENTER online:

http://www.constitutioncenter.org/ed...re/15481.shtml

Public hospitals like John Peter Smith in Tarrant County and Parkland Memorial in Dallas are disproportionately affected by the birthright debate because they have large caseloads of indigent patients, many of them undocumented. Witt said her survey of undocumented mothers did not determine ethnic background or country of origin, nor whether the father or other family members had legal documents to be in the United States.

Parkland officials did not immediately return a phone call seeking information, but officials have been quoted in The Dallas Morning News as saying that about 80 percent of the approximately 16,000 women who gave birth at Parkland in 2003 qualified for Medicaid funding reserved for undocumented mothers.

{snip}

Witt did not have a cost estimate for the births at John Peter Smith but said the federal government reimbursed the hospital for the deliveries and partially reimbursed it for prenatal care. The hospital has "lots of full-time interpreters" to assist the mothers and hospital personnel, Witt said.

Rep. Michael Burgess, R-Flower Mound, said he's concerned about the strain the births are putting on the public hospitals. "Clearly, with the major indigent health care provider in Tarrant County reporting that nearly 4 out of 5 births in fiscal year 2005 were attributed to illegal immigrants; we have over taxed our system," Burgess, a physician, said in a prepared statement. "No one wants to turn mothers and babies away -- but we have to do a better job for citizens, legal immigrants, those who play by the rules."
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

about 80 percent of the approximately 16,000 women who gave birth at Parkland in 2003 qualified for Medicaid funding reserved for undocumented mothers.
    [b]Do you mean to TELL ME that there is some special MEDICAID FUNDING RESERVED for UNDOCUMENTED MOTHERS????[/b

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. Why did our government fall into THIS TRAP? And, every day, I see young American couples STRUGGLING to have and raise AMERICAN children WITHOUT the benefit of government assistance.

I sure agree with this article that this practice is going to RUIN our country. This IS why people like me and you and ALL OF US are paying exhorbitant rates for medical care--either in insurance premiums or out of pocket. So, the Americans in these cities are going to be forced to do without medical care because the system just CANNOT POSSIBLY ABSORB these costs.

OK--I remembered enough of that boring math I learned in school to figure out that this is about 34.5 babies PER DAY born in that one hospital. What about the rest?

There was a time, and I'm sure it didn't change for the better, that there had to be at least one hospital in each county where they could not turn away an emergency based on the premise that the patient couldn't pay the bill. That was in the 1970's in New York State. I think it is reasonable to believe that it is a nationwide criteria and that there are a lot more hospitals that fall into that category now than there were in the 1970's. I don't know how one would find out for sure without hours and hours of research. I have read that NO hospital can turn away an emergency these days but I don't know that for sure.

Since the birth of a child is probably considered an emergency, that means that the expectant mother can't be turned away anymore than a gang member with a life threatening gunshot wound can be turned away at least in SOME hospitals. Bottom line, the taxpayers pay those bills.

Just the number of anchor babies born at taxpayer expense, with the potential for those same taxpayers to support or subsidize the support of these children (who are instant citizens!) for the rest of their lives is a pretty damn good gift that we are giving, regardless of whether or not we want to give it.

Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I know that, at least when I worked at the hospital 10 years ago, they could not turn away an emergency even though it was a private hospital. So, I'm sure that's still the case.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast