Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

HR 635 to Impeach Bush

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006 ... shtml?s=et

With Carl Limbacher and NewsMax.com Staff
    For the story behind the story...

Sunday, Jan. 8, 2006 10:11 a.m. EST
    Eight House Dems Back Impeachment Probe

Eight House Democrats have announced their support for legislation that would establish an impeachment inquiry into whether President Bush for committed high crimes and misdemeanors against the U.S. in connection with the Iraq war.

HR 635 calls for "Creating a select committee to investigate the administration's intent to go to war before congressional authorization, manipulation of pre-war intelligence, encouraging and countenancing torture [and] retaliating against critics."

The legislation says that the select committee should "make recommendations regarding grounds for possible impeachment."

The bill, first proposed by Rep. John Conyers last month, claims that there is "at least a prima facie case that these actions" violated federal law.

According to the Atlanta Progressive News, HR635 has attracted the support of seven co-sponsors so far, including Rep. Lois Capps (D-CA), Rep. Sheila Jackson-Lee (D-TX), Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-CA), Rep. Donald Payne (D-NJ), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA), and Rep. Lynn Woolsey (D-CA).

It's a start.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Also, there are two US Senators discussing impeachment for the Spying problems from the Senate side. They could take their issue and tack it on to the Iraq issue for impeachment. Anti-illegal immigration could take their issue concerning breach of oath of office and failure to enforce US Immigration Law and get the Tancredo Caucus behind the Impeachment Bill which would now be a Multi-Purpose Impeachment Bill--a potpourri....something for everyone....add conspirators which would include CHENEY and root these traitors out of our government and all their ilk with them.

Let your US Representatives and US Senators know how you feel. Now there's legislation. Now there is a bill number...HR 635.

It's a "seed", but seeds grow.

It's a little "pebble", but when pebbles roll through the snows of winter they can SNOWBALL!!

Happy New Year America!!

BTW--the protests are making the news today on Fox...the blurb I saw was fine and favorable. All coverage is helpful as it shows the problem to A M E R I C A who needs to S E E.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

YES! What took them so long!?

Oh Happy Day! Finally! This man needs to go if ever there was one. Oh, but wait, if he goes, who do we get for president? Cheney? How far down the chain of command can we take the impeachment? . Yes, Happy New Year everyone. :P

Oh, and how about failure to do his sworn duty to protect the American people from an invasion by a foreign power?
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

This is THE BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD TODAY!!!

It IS a start. And, YES, we HAVE to get rid of Cheney too because we would actually be in WORSE SHAPE if we only got rid of Bush. Cheney would be THE WORST ALTERNATIVE EVER.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Re: YES! What took them so long!?

Quote Originally Posted by SylviaAlvarado
    Oh Happy Day! Finally! This man needs to go if ever there was one. Could we throw in a little tar and feathering and running him out of town on a rail, like in the old days? Oh, but wait, if he goes, who do we get for president? Cheney? How far down the chain of command can we take the impeachment? . Yes, Happy New Year everyone. :P

Oh, and how about failure to do his sworn duty to protect the American people from an invasion by a foreign power?
    "How far down the chain of command can we take the impeachment?"
    Into the cesspool from where is grows. Ignorant Voters

jcalex--"how far down the chain can we take it?"

I think if we stop at Hastert, while not perfect, is acceptable. I've researched him and this is what I know so far:

1. teacher from Illinois

2. also a football and wrestling coach that won a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP in Football

3. Congressman from the 14th District

4. Has a Master's Degree from non-ivy league colleges (no Yale)

5. supports the Fair Tax which I think is a great plan to simplify federal taxes, eliminates the infernal "tax return", and relieves all industrial and manufacturing operations from tax...competely....thereby creating a huge new incentive to bring manufacturing back into the United States which will help US to rebuild a production based economy

6. I do not think he is Globalist

7. Was elected by his peers to Speaker of the House

8. Just a normal guy who wins football games and local congressional elections and made it big in DC among his peers

9. Made the controversial statement about bulldozing parts of New Orleans and not rebuilding it all back--which is a reasonable position from the federal position--perhaps he would apply it nationally and help families move inland so they don't keep getting wiped out

10. I do not think he is pro-alien because I can see no reason why he would be

11. He took a donation from Abramoff, but so did everyone else. When the story broke he was the first one to lead the team to donating these monies to "charity"

12. Sometimes he looks abit "mussed" which I like--doesn't appear to be the "make-up" "show time" "Bush Theatre" type--a real guy if you get my drift

13. He is NOT from Chicago but a rural district

We need to research him hard, find everything we can on him, and then start working him to make sure he understands out "positions" and we'll make him President of the United States for about 3 years. Then we'll see if he's done a good job and if he's interested in running in 2008 or change him out for a new one.

We need a normal person with no agendas but the American Agenda.

I feel like he would be such a person especially knowing that he has a Mandate from the American People to execute our WILL or ELSE!!

And I would love it if we could pull it off to start a new tradition on Presidential Traitors. We buy them a donkey and a sombrero and that's how they ride out of town. We keep the limos, secret service and pensions behind to cut expenses.

Remember the legislation bill number HR 635. That's the bill number you need to tell your Reps and Sens about to get it backing and approved to start the process. I think that once it gets rolling, it will snowball rather quickly and urgently.

I'm going to start calls tomorrow and hope you will too!!

I agree that Hastert is "our man"! IF nothing significant comes out in connection with the Abramoff case, I think we could MOLD HASTERT into the kind of President we want and NEED. He seems like a down-to-earth HUMAN--something we have not been accustomed to!

I will start contacting Congressman Coble this morning to support HR 635.
    I heard something last night that disturbed me. Britt Hume was interviewing Congressman Jane Harmon and I THOUGHT she said something about "when Congress reconvenes in maybe TWELVE DAYS". I know the Senate Judiciary Committee is starting the Alito hearings today but does Congress not come back for another week or more from CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS??? I need to check on that. My gosh--they get MORE VACATIONS than GOD.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Well, I will be DAMNED. I did hear that right.
    A schedule released by the Senate leadership indicates that after the Senate adjourns for the year, the plan is for the Senate to reconvene on January 20
    Now, that means that they had a ONE MONTH VACATION while everyone else was out working their butts off. And, with SO MUCH ON THEIR PLATE, they couldn't afford a WEEK OFF much less a MONTH. This is another thing that just makes me PUKE.

Well, these long holidays were set up back when there wasn't all that much for them to do.

N O W, it's a friggin' national crisis almost every day..so under the present "times" with the Wackident in power, they need to be DC 24/7/365. They shouldn't even be allowed to leave the city or miss a vote.

We pay them well and they have plenty of time off and great benefits, so they need to be at W O R K every day until our "crises" are resolved. In fact, we should let them know they are not to leave town until they get our "bidness" taken care of.

"TAKING CARE OF BIDNESS". Da da da!

I think it was an interview with Arlen Specter yesterday where he was asked when he was going to start the hearings on the SPYING issue and he said that they had SO MANY ISSUES to deal with but that he expected to be able to start by February. Well, it seems to me with "so many issues to deal with", they might consider WORKING. Maybe a NEW CONCEPT to them??? Wouldn't YOU love their hours, their schedules AND their BENEFITS??? I think I could live quite well.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast