Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Judy:

It does not matter if the emails are real or not or if they were manufactured for use by opponents.

They were going to Race Bait no matter what the facts are or are not. There are 101 reasons to oppose illegal immigration and to oppose HB 1183.

Racial motivations, which do exist are the one leg they can stand on. It is unfair and mean spirited for them to do that when you consider all of the fine people that oppose this bill for good reasons.

We will not let them control this debate. Rest assured, they are in for more problems next week and the deeper they or the press put themselves into a corner before next week the better as they will find themselves discredited on a massive scale.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

One thing is for sure-North Carolina will have to get the message out to young people.Many of the crazed liberals are kids that are just old enough to vote and/or in college where liberalism is rampant.They don't know of a time when America did it's own work insted of hiring millions of illegals to do do it.You also have to make them care and let them know that NOT ALL CHANGE IS PROGRESS!Boycotts and challenges to the liberal media and their sponsors might also be effective;the only thing that matters to the media is a story which is what sells.If a story in your favor is more effective they'll switch their side,at least temporarily because that is the nature of the media.Whatever it takes,it's worth an effort.

William--Okay, I won't worry about the legitimacy of the "quotes" in the letters.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'd like to clear up a misconception which was cited in an earlier posting within this thread.

The blanket statement that the children of illegal aliens are themselves illegal aliens is NOT entirely accurate.

Aliens (persons born outside the U.S.) who have either entered our country illegally, or who have overstayed their authorized stay, are illegal aliens. That includes both children and adults.

The American born children of illegal aliens are, just like our own children, U.S. citizens. And those children (which many of us would agree is an outrageous part of the illegal alien problem) are eligible for the tax-payer subsidized, in-state tuition rates at the state colleges and universities, so long as state resicence requirements are met.

So, for now, I suggest we each make clear, when posting, that our opposition is confined to providing in-state rates to illegal aliens, and that we do not inadvertantly include American born children in that view.

Good Point - But along the same lines, there is no real court case I can find that establishes the child as an American Citizen. The terms of the case everyone follows does not apply to most of those being granted citizenship today. There is a law proposed now that will clear this up and people interested in that law may learn more about it concerning Citizenship and Birth at the http://numbersusa.com website.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Judy,

14th Amenment to the U.S. Constitution. Section 1.

Bobb, I know, but taking those words in context to the time and applying it today creates an illogical sequence for what the forefathers intended. There is some great reading on this in http://www.numersusa.com.

A law is needed to clarify after which a test case will create the legal environmental contemplated.

Children were born to slaves every day on American Soil during the time our forefathers existed in America, the ones who wrote the Constitution, and none of the slaves children were granted American Citizen because they were born on American Soil.

Do you have a copy of the 14th Amendment or the Constitution? Maybe I can download it. I need to check something. In the meantime, it's not germane to our In-State Tuition Bill because the definition of Citizenship woud be determined at the Federal Level. States don't have jurisdiction for determining American Citizenship.

citizenship

I may be wrong here, but isn't there a bill coming before the U S Congress regarding disallowing illegal immigrant's children who are born in the USA fro citizenship? I'll try to locate it, but it seems to me that is already up for or soon will be voted upon.

Does anyone already know?

Yes, go to the http:/www.numbersusa.com and look for the bill on Birth and Citzenship. I think it is a bill already. I know someone is working on it. It's called the Anchor Babies Bill.

How ya doin good12me!

Judy

I'm good, Judy. Just spending a few moments with my hubby who is off to work at GE Aircraft for the rest of the evening.

Catching him up on what to say as he keeps his co-workers updated. Talk about a bunch of engineers. They don't have as many there as they have a GNF Nuclear which is right beside them. We both worked there and that is how we met.

As I used to tell people about engineers: They are on a different plane. You have to get on the plane and ride with them. If you do that, you can understand them and get through all the jargon to find out what they are saying. Try being on the Procedure Simplification Team for rewriting the procedures for making, storing, etc. of nuclear fuel and trying to get an engineer who wrote the original procedure to sign off on it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast