Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

L.A.: Ordinance Would Require Shelters for Day Laborers

Ordinance Would Require Shelters For Day Laborers
    08/05/2008

LOS ANGELES -- Companies that open large home-improvement stores in Los Angeles would have to set aside space for day laborers under an ordinance unanimously approved today by a City Council committee.
    The proposed ordinance was passed by the Planning and Land Use Management Committee, but must still be approved by the full council.

If passed, the ordinance would require new home improvement stores that are 100,000 square feet or larger, or any building or structure where 250,000 square feet or more of warehouse floor area is added, to set aside space for day laborers seeking employment from customers.
    The shelters would have to be easily accessible and equipped with drinking water, bathrooms, tables with seating and trash facilities.

Home-improvement stores would also be required to develop a security plan in consultation with the Los Angeles Police Department.

[b]Bethany Leal with the Multi-Ethnic Immigrant Worker Organizing Network, which supports the ordinance, called it an example of "immigration integration."

"By having public and private entities work together to create facilities used primarily by immigrants, individual residents, as well as the whole city, benefit," Leal said.

A Home Depot representative urged the committee to add an amendment that would make the city responsible for operating the shelters.

"The Home Depot looks forward to continuing to work with you and other important stakeholders to develop an ordinance that comprehensively provides guidelines to the various entities that must be involved to address this issue," said Francisco Uribe, senior manager of government relations for The Home Depot. "Unfortunately, the current draft ordinance leaves many unanswered questions that should be addressed."
    The Community Development Department already operates eight day laborer sites in the city. Grant funding is used to maintain the facilities at an annual cost of $150,000 to $180,000.

http://www.dailynews.com/breakingnews/ci_10106813

SANCTUARY CITY STRIKES AGAIN.

they can vote for something like this but they cant and wont
    vote on Jamiel's Law.
    what a bunch of COW MANURE

MW
    Companies that open large home-improvement stores in Los Angeles would have to set aside space for day laborers under an ordinance unanimously approved today by a City Council committee.
    This is absolutely ludicrous!

Hey, am I still in the United States of America?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Companies that open large home-improvement stores in Los Angeles would have to set aside space for day laborers under an ordinance unanimously approved today by a City Council committee.
    The proposed ordinance was passed by the Planning and Land Use Management Committee, but must still be approved by the full council
    You must be joking! %$# LA and this corrupt villireconquista is an absolute disgrace to THIS STATE AND THE ENTIRE COUNTRY!

I'M SICK OF THIS %$#!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    The proposed ordinance was passed by the Planning and Land Use Management Committee, but must still be approved by the full council
    You must be joking! %$# LA and this corrupt villireconquista is an absolute disgrace to THIS STATE AND THE ENTIRE COUNTRY!

I'M SICK OF THIS %$#!!
    I seriously want to move if VivaLaRaza gets another 4 years!!! We have to stop him!

***Don't you just love the new buzz word..."IMMIGRATION INTEGRATION"??? It's almost as bad as when they call gangbangers "GANG ASSOCIATES"!!!

24 comments left so far at the source link.
    Most, of course, are mad about it but every now and then there is a greatful illegal.

This is wonderful news! I hope they will have a TV so I can watch ch 54 it is my favorite. Now I can relax in a cool place that will have snacks and a real bathroom. Via Los Angeles city council they are true friends to the day laborer. The mayor has not forgotten how importante we are and he will take care of us no matter what the cost. Someday I hope to get my real papers so I can vote for the great mayor of Los Angeles. Next step is to give us the chance to get drivers so we can continue to drive with out fear of loosing our cars to the polica when we get stopped. i lost 2 cars last year alone. keep up the good work mi amigos in the city council we will not forget you when we rule this land.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The downward spiral of ever increasing taxes , less services , more crime and more pollution will never stop until LA is exactly like Tijuana.

Thats easy don't shop at Home Depot and let them know...they are all breaking federal law...aiding and abetting illegal aliens....just when is ICE going to start going after them!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Thats easy don't shop at Home Depot and let them know...they are all breaking federal law...aiding and abetting illegal aliens....just when is ICE going to start going after them!
    YES! That's the key! I will never spend another dime at Home Depot so long as they support illegal invaders!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Shouldn't someone conduct an exhaustive investigation in LA for rampant voter fraud?
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast