Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

what happen to looking in the newpaper for a handyman ? very simple to do and most have insurance . I find this new Blow of Hot Air from LA to be another Slap in the face of the Citizen . Maybe the people can learn to shop at scottie's or ace hardware etc etc . Thats what i do , i never go to a lowe's or HD store . My personel fav is True Value i get real service there
    I also think Americans better take an interest in their local elections and turn the tables .
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

MW
    tencz57 wrote:

what happen to looking in the newpaper for a handyman ? very simple to do and most have insurance .
    Not 'cheap' enough.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I have worked as a "Handyman" for the last 20 years, and charge 75 an hour. They usually call me in after the incompetant illegals have totally screwed up a simple job. It then costs the owner 2-3 times the original cost of fixing it properly in the first place.
    Get a clue. Hire a true american in the first place.

One other point, I grew up in east LA when it was still nice, delivered Chiken Delight, and Pizzaman into the Maravilla projects, with no problems, but as the deterioration (starting in 1966) of our sovereignity due to the sellout of corporations here in the US, We our now in the mess you see now.
    I have been fighting this ruthless extermination of our principles and government for over 40 years, and will continue the fight after I'm gone.
    The illegals will not win this. They will severely debilitate/cripple this country though, before they are gone, unless we act NOW!

Los Angeles Committee Passes Day Worker Shelter Ordinance

Michael Merritt on August 7, 2008 @ 5:19 am CEST

It seems illegal immigrants in Los Angeles need not worry about places to look for work, if a ordinance passed by a City Council committee passes the full council. No, Los Angeles will look out for their needs, namely by forcing large do-it-yourself retailers such as Home Depot and Lowes to provide a place for them.

The LA Daily News reports:

If passed, the ordinance would require new home improvement stores that are 100,000 square feet or larger, or any building or structure where 250,000 square feet or more of warehouse floor area is added, to set aside space for day laborers seeking employment from customers.

The shelters would have to be easily accessible and equipped with drinking water, bathrooms, tables with seating and trash facilities.

Home-improvement stores would also be required to develop a security plan in consultation with the Los Angeles Police Department.
    Heh. You know what, for a moment, lets ignore the illegal immigration component of this situation completely. I’ll tell you why this ordinance is wrong from another perspective: it is essentially telling a business how to run their operation. Now, I can appreciate some ordinances for large businesses, such as those providing bathrooms, those making sure conditions in the store are clean, those providing for a maximum occupancy, etc. However, a business should not be forced to provide anyone with food or drink, or a place for anyone to do what is essentially soliciting their work services.

Now back to the bigger issue: the illegal immigrant part. Now, I’ve been following cases just like this in sanctuary cities all across the country for some time now. One of my state’s own cities has a thing where they’re providing IDs to illegal immigrants, so it’s in my backyard, too. So, I’m a little perturbed, though unsurprised, that LA would do something like this. Basically, my problem with it (besides the fact that illegal immigrants are not supposed to be there) is that these businesses would be forced to allow illegals to come into their place and harass their customers while they’re shopping in order to try and get some work.

I love the pro-illegal’s spin on the ordinance:

[quote]Bethany Leal with the Multi-Ethnic Immigrant Worker Organizing Network, which supports the ordinance, called it an example of “immigration integration.â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Walter Moore for Mayor of L.A.

Lowes Customer Feedback:
    https://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action= ... merService

Re: Los Angeles: If passed, a new ordinance would force Lowes & Home Depot stores to build a shelters and bathrooms for illegal day workers who loiter in their parking lots looking for work from small businesses and homeowners.

I don't want illegals, let alone shelters for them!!

If I hear that Lowes builds a shelter for illegals, I will NEVER shop at Lowes again.

Sincerely,
    Name removed (Buzzm1)

Home Depot Feedback:
    http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... ogId=10053

Re: Los Angeles: If passed, a new ordinance would force Lowes & Home Depot stores to build a shelters and bathrooms for illegal day workers who loiter in their parking lots looking for work from small businesses and homeowners.

If I hear that Home Depot builds a shelter for illegals, I will NEVER shop at Home Depot again.

Sincerely,
    Name removed (Buzzm1)

To: buzzm1
    Subject: EIT000002015992Lowes: (Lowes.com Feedback)
    Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 5:19 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Replied On 8/9/2008 8:18:49 AM----------------------------------------

Dear name removed (Buzzm1):

Thank you for contacting Lowe's.

We will forward your comments to the appropriate department within Lowe?s for
    review.

Please contact us at CustomerCare@lowes.com if you have further questions or
    comments.

Thank you,

Chrissy
    Lowe's Customer Care
    Received On 08/08/08 19:54:29----------------------------------------

From: HD Consumer Affairs <hdconsumeraffairs@homedepot.com>
    To: buzzm1
    Subject: Home Depot has received your email
    Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 4:13 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

We appreciate your feedback. Listening to our customers is very
    important to us. Your information has been received by Home Depot's
    Customer Care Department and will be responded to as soon as possible.
    Customer Care will create a record of your feedback and ensure it is
    given to the appropriate individuals for review. If further action on
    our part is needed, a Customer Care Professional, or a member of our
    Home Depot store's management will be in contact with you.

Again, thank you for providing us with your comments.

Sincerely,

Home Depot
    Customer Care Department

Lowes Customer Feedback:
    https://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action= ... merService

If I hear that Lowes builds a shelter for illegals, I will NEVER shop at Lowes again.

Sincerely,
    Name removed (Buzzm1)

Home Depot Feedback:
    http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... ogId=10053

If I hear that Home Depot builds a shelter for illegals, I will NEVER shop at Home Depot again.

Sincerely,
    Name removed (Buzzm1)

mayor@lacity.org; councilmember.reyes@lacity.org; councilmember.greuel@lacity.org; councilmember.zine@lacity.org; councilmember.labonge@lacity.org; councilmember.weiss@lacity.org; councilmember.cardenas@lacity.org; councilmember.Alarcon@lacity.org; councilmember.Parks@lacity.org; councilmember.Perry@lacity.org; councilmember.Wesson@lacity.org; councilmember.Rosendahl@lacity.org; councilmember.Smith@lacity.org; councilmember.Garcetti@lacity.org; councilmember.Huizar@lacity.org; councilmember.Hahn@lacity.org; contact@lapdonline.org; V8834@lapd.lacity.org; skobina@lapd.lacity.org; molina@bos.lacounty.gov; SecondDistrict@bos.lacounty.gov; zev@bos.lacounty.gov; don@bos.lacounty.gov; FifthDistrict@lacbos.org

Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa
    District 1 - Ed Reyes
    District 2 - Wendy Greuel
    District 3 - Dennis P. Zine
    District 4 - Tom LaBonge
    District 5 - Jack Weiss
    District 6 - Tony Cardenas
    District 7 - Richard Alarcón
    District 8 - Bernard Parks
    District 9 - Jan Perry
    District 10 - Herb J. Wesson, Jr.
    District 11 - Bill Rosendahl
    District 12 - Greig Smith
    District 13 - Eric Garcetti
    District 14 - José Huizar
    District 15 - Janice Hahn
    Los Angeles Police Chief William J. Bratton
    Police Commision President Anthony Pacheco
    Police Commision Vice President John Mack
    Police Commisioner Andrea Ordin
    Police Commisioner Robert M. Saltzman
    Police Commisioner Alan J. Skobin
    Supervisor Gloria Molina
    Supervisor Yvonne B. Burke
    Supervisor Zev Yaroslavsky
    Supervisor Don Knabe
    Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    you do realize the cost that these stores have to pay will be passed back onto consumers
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast