Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Lawmaker Alleges Bush Wants to Merge US with Mexico, Canada

GOP lawmaker alleges Bush wants to merge U.S. with Mexico, Canada

PHOENIX - A veteran Republican lawmakers is accusing President Bush of pushing a behind-the-scenes agenda that will result in the United States being merged with Mexico and Canada.

State Sen. Karen Johnson, R-Mesa, said she believes the Security and Prosperity Partnership, being run out of the White House and the U.S. Department of Commerce, is little more than a secret plan to end U.S. sovereignty by 2010. And she said Congress is being kept in the dark until the point that it becomes a done deal.

Johnson, who will head the Senate Education Committee this coming session, said the signs already are there, from an "inland port'' in Kansas City and construction of a superhighway corridor through Texas to the lack of any real action in building a wall between the U.S. and Mexico."It's all because it's going to be open,'' Johnson told Capitol Media Services. "It's all going to be a 'North American community,' just like the European Union,'' she continued, complete with the creation of a single currency just like the Euro.

"We will have no sovereignty, we will have no Constitutionleft,'' said Johnson, first elected to the Legislature in 1996.

And that, she said, will make moot all of the other arguments that tend to divide the nation like abortion and gay rights.

"We're not going to be able to argue those rights any more because we are going to be ruled by unelected tribunals, bureaucrats that are unelected,'' she said.

Johnson said she shared her concerns with some members of the state's congressional delegation during a recent trip to Washington.

What they think, however, is unclear: Calls to the offices of Jeff Flake and Rick Renzi, both of whom Johnson said she sat with, were not returned; an aide to Rep. John Shadegg said he "listened to Sen. Johnson's concerns and we are gathering further information on the matter.''

Johnson said she wants congressional hearings on the process. And she said if federal lawmakers determine that Bush is undermining national sovereignty that would be an impeachable offense.

White House press aide Alex Conant said Johnson has no reason for concern.

"This cooperative effort aims to make the U.S., Canada and Mexico more open to fair trade and less open to terrorism and crime,'' he said.

The partnership does include the leaders of the three countries.

But Conant said there is nothing in the process or any agreements which would undermine or overturn U.S. laws.

"In no way does it change our courts or legislative processes,'' he said. "And it respects the sovereignty of the U.S., Mexico and Canada.''

Johnson is not alone in her claims.

Phyllis Schlafly, president and founder of the Eagle Forum, has written columns for her organization questioning the Bush administration's lack of interest in stopping illegal immigration. She suggested the administration "is pursuing a globalist agenda by means of a series of press releases (without authority from Congress or the American people.)''

And author Jerome Corsi has argued that letting working groups of the partnership rewrite U.S. administrative laws "are arguably creating the legal infrastructure for a regional government to emerge by administrative fiat.''

This isn't Johnson's first battle over what she believes are threats to the nation's sovereignty.

In 2000 she introduced a resolution that would call for the abolition of the federal government and allow individual states to reassume their sovereign rights if the president, Congress or any other federal agent were to declare martial law and suspend the Constitution. These states then would be free to form a new nation - with a new president and a new Congress.

Last year she sent letters to members of Congress who voted for the Central American Free Trade Agreement, saying that and the earlier North American pact "will ultimately make corporations and politicians richer and more powerful, U.S. citizenship meaningless, the taxpayers more oppressed and the Constitution and U.S. sovereignty as dated as hula hoops.'' Johnson also has been at the forefront of legislative efforts to warn people that so-called "silver'' fillings - an amalgam that includes mercury - are dangerous.

http://www.douglasdispatch.com/articles ... /news4.txt

Banned

It's about time to get some good hemp rope and march on Washington.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

The Eagle Forum map is just an overview, there is much more building for a new transportation grid underway. This is going on in my area:

http://www.prairiefalconparkwayexpress.com/
    http://www.transportcolorado.com/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    The Eagle Forum map is just an overview, there is much more building for a new transportation grid underway. This is going on in my area:

http://www.prairiefalconparkwayexpress.com/
    http://www.transportcolorado.com/
    Thank you Betsy. How the hell this got by me is something else. I haven't seen anything like this in the news anywhere.

What is the blasted need for that thing anyways? I-25 runs the entire length of the state north to south. This is just more bull.

A fellow Coloradan? Howdy, and I know a few others here too. I used to live at the far east end of Aurora. Sometimes I'd go for a drive out on the plains, which I have come to love as much as the mountains. I like to visit the Bennett Super grocery store, a small chain with stores in out of the way places. One day I noticed the sign for the TransPort project on I-70 between Watkins and Bennett. I looked it up on the internet. A few years back there was a little in the press about the SuperSlab project, but not as much as it deserves. I believe the Prairie Falcon is its present incarnation. It was supposed to be - I dunno - wider than the mighty Mississippi and people were pushing back. It seems from the maps that the Prairie Falcon intersects I-70 about where the TransPort project is planned. The locals are probably looking forward to the jobs, but I'm not sure many of them will get hired, given the permeability of our society to the international labor pool. Now I live in Idaho Springs, within walking distance of where the van went off the road last winter killing 4 illegals including a pregnant woman. There were other illegals arrested around that time in our area, and at least one school lockdown as a result of fugitives nearby.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

White House press aide Alex Conant said Johnson has no reason for concern.
    You notice he doesn't deny it outright. This is incredible!
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

The first link up there says that the Prairie Falcon Highway Express is "privately" funded. I'd love to know who is funding it.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    A fellow Coloradan? Howdy, and I know a few others here too. I used to live at the far east end of Aurora. Sometimes I'd go for a drive out on the plains, which I have come to love as much as the mountains. I like to visit the Bennett Super grocery store, a small chain with stores in out of the way places. One day I noticed the sign for the TransPort project on I-70 between Watkins and Bennett. I looked it up on the internet. A few years back there was a little in the press about the SuperSlab project, but not as much as it deserves. I believe the Prairie Falcon is its present incarnation. It was supposed to be - I dunno - wider than the mighty Mississippi and people were pushing back. It seems from the maps that the Prairie Falcon intersects I-70 about where the TransPort project is planned. The locals are probably looking forward to the jobs, but I'm not sure many of them will get hired, given the permeability of our society to the international labor pool. Now I live in Idaho Springs, within walking distance of where the van went off the road last winter killing 4 illegals including a pregnant woman. There were other illegals arrested around that time in our area, and at least one school lockdown as a result of fugitives nearby.
    When I worked for BFI, Idaho Springs was my Wed., then it changed to Mon. or Tue. That was a long one, as I started the route up in Dumont, and worked my way down from there finishing at the Budweiser Depot. Then had to go to the dump out on Tower and 88th. (By DIA) But I haven't done that for about 7 years now. That's a job for youngsters.

Banned
    Would someone tell me why they are bothering to legalize all these illegal immigrants if we're just going to open the entire continent? Do they think we need to have economic disaster and chaos before they can complete it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast