Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by olivermyboy
    I'm betting our Founding Fathers are rolling over in their graves!!!
    Rolling over! I'm betting any day were going to see them riseing from their grave. Picture George Washington grabbing king G.W Bush by the front of the shirt and asking him what the hell he is trying to do to this great country they had such high hopes for!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    SOSAD wrote:
    Rolling over! I'm betting any day were going to see them riseing from their grave. Picture George Washington grabbing king G.W Bush by the front of the shirt and asking him what the hell he is trying to do to this great country they had such high hopes for!
    Yeah, he'd be doing that and much more!

April
    Disillusioned wrote:

The first link up there says that the Prairie Falcon Highway Express is "privately" funded. I'd love to know who is funding it.
    Me too, but evidently it is top secret as revealed in this article. Very strange.....which means we really DO need to know who is funding it!

Revised 'Super Slab' proposal outlined
    The Denver Business Journal - August 28, 2006

http://denver.bizjournals.com/denver/st ... aily8.html

Super Slab, the proposed 210-mile long road curving through Colorado's eastern plains from Fort Collins to Pueblo, has been reborn as the $2.5 billion "Prairie Falcon Parkway Express."

The Front Range Toll Road Ltd., doing business as the Prairie Falcon Parkway Express Company, announced Monday it has filed a new corridor plan with the Colorado Secretary of State's office. The company is sending official notices via certified mail to owners of property along the project's path, said spokesman Jason Hopfer.

About 4,000 notices were mailed, although the company figures there's only about 2,000 individual property owners -- some owning more than one parcel -- along the proposed path through Adams, Arapahoe, Elbert, El Paso, Larimer, Pueblo and Weld counties.

Super Slab, an idea of developer Ray Wells, was opposed by thousands of rural property owners -- including cable pioneer and mogul John Malone, who owns tens of thousands of acres of land in Douglas and Elbert counties.

The corridor was reborn a mere 3 miles wide, in accordance with new state laws governing the private construction of toll roads, down from the 12-mile wide behemoth initially proposed. In final form, the corridor -- used for toll roads, rail lines and other utilities -- will be just 1,200 feet wide, Hopfer said.

Also in compliance with the new laws, the company doesn't have eminent domain power to condemn land for the project. Land can be condemned only through a public-private partnership with the Colorado Department of Transportation, Hopfer said.

"This is a project that will be done with willing sellers and local government," he said.

Local and state transportation groups also have to approve the project before ground can be broken.

Hopfer said the project is expected to cost about $2.5 billion and is being backed by an investor group that he declined to identify. In accordance with new state laws, an environmental impact study must be under way within three years of the proposed corridor filing with the Secretary of State's office, Hopfer said.

"This project is about connecting communities, preserving habitat and strengthening commerce on Colorado's short grass prairie. Its intended to reduce traffic along I-25, decrease rail traffic through Colorado Springs, Denver, and numerous other municipalities, to strengthen economic opportunities for communities along the corridor and preserve open space and wildlife habitat," Ray Wells, founder of the Prairie Falcon Parkway Express Company, said in a statement.

Government agencies, including regional and state planning and regulatory agencies, will review the project, environmental analyses and proposed mitigation measures, the company said.

The proposed path starts about 13 to 16 miles north of Fort Collins and ends about seven to 10 miles south of Pueblo. The route is about 25 miles east and roughly parallel to Interstate 25.

The announcement said the Front Range Toll Road Ltd. LLLP has acquired all assets and rights of and interest in the Front Range Toll Road Co. to proceed with the project, has filed with the Colorado Secretary of State and is conducting its business under the name Prairie Falcon Parkway Express Co.

The Prairie Falcon Parkway Express Company will provide detailed information on its Web site at www.PrairieFalconParkwayExpress.com, through its call center at 1-800-977-8393 and via other public meetings and direct contact with property owners, the announcement said.

Hopfer said the project is expected to cost about $2.5 billion and is being backed by an investor group that he declined to identify. In accordance with new state laws, an environmental impact study must be under way within three years of the proposed corridor filing with the Secretary of State's office, Hopfer said.
    AH, wants to build toll roads in your state and he declines to identify the investor, very suspicious. You guys should find out what is happening, toll roads are bad unless you are the ones that own them. NAU/SPP going on here!! no doubt about it!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

April
    I agree, SOSAD, another devious plan they think that are going to slide right past us before we have a chance to realize what is going on. Once again I think they have underestimated the American people's will to stand when push comes to shove.

April
    I found these articles and posted parts of them, for the full article click on links. I tried to find who exactly are the investors that make up Front Range Toll Company, but have been unsuccessful. Ray Wells is the front man and the investors are kept hidden from the public's view.

Prairie Falcon Parkway Express (formerly Front Range Toll Road)
    Proposed by the Front Range Toll Road Company

http://www.frontrangetollroad.blogspot.com/

Toll Road Company:
    This roadway is being proposed by the Front Range Toll Road Company, a group of investors who formed the company back in 1985 after reading a CDOT study which said there was need for a highway parallel to I-25 but 25 miles east of it. Ray Wells, a Denver land developer, is highway's chief developer. The company filed paperwork with the Colorado Secretary of State back in 1986 which granted them the right to operate a 210-mile toll road somewhere within a 12-mile wide corridor. Under a 19th Century mining law, the company had the right to condemn right-of-way if "land purchases cannot be negotiated."
    However, following public backlash in 2005-2006 the FRTR Company's ability to build the toll road was severely curtailed. Laws passed in the 2006 legislative session:

require any private toll road that is to be built in the state to be limited to within a 3-mile wide corridor,

require any private toll road to be included in the statewide and regional transportation plans,
    require any private toll road to get approval from the regional planning organizations where it is located,

require the toll road company to prepare an environmental study subject to CDOT guidelines,require the toll road company to submits its studies and plans for review to CDOT, the state health department, other state agencies and regional planning organizations, andrequire the toll road company to get approval from the state transportation commission.

In addition, in 2006 the power of eminent domain was stripped from private toll road companies. Eminent domain can be used to build a private toll road only if the toll road company enters into an agreement with CDOT, in which case CDOT could exercise eminent domain pursuant to state law, only if the toll road companies have met the various requirements.

Following the new 2006 requirements, the FRTR Company has developed a new map of its corridor, meeting the 3-mile wide limitation.

In 2004, CDOT's Colorado Tolling Enterprise studied and rejected the idea of building the FRTR as a state tollway.

Roadway:
    Prairie Falcon Parkway Express would be in a 210-mile corridor parallel to I-25 but approximately 25 miles east of it. The corridor is 3 miles wide, but PFPE would buy and occupy only 300-1200 feet within that corridor. PFPE would start at I-25 near Wellington, head southeast across US 85, south across I-76, cross I-70 just west of Bennett, swing east of Kiowa, cross US 24 near Calhan, continue about due south to Avondale, across US 50, and then west to I-25 south of Pueblo. It would be four-lane divided with potentially two rail lines in the median. The design would include a maximum grade of 1.5% to aid large truck and rail traffic, and the design speed (according to 1997 info) would be 85 mph. Info from 1997 proposed the average toll for a family car as 5 to 6 cents a mile. A trip all the way from Wellington to Pueblo would cost $10-$12, with large vehicles paying more. The company could make additional money with the granting of concessions in plaza areas and real estate development at interchanges.

Critics of Prairie Falcon Parkway Express have derisively nicknamed it The Superslab.
    http://www.stupidslab.com/

For a history of the events of the last few days see http://frontrangetollroad.blogspot.com I've also included Rick Brown's letter to the Transportation Committee below. Please read that for an explanation of the issues.

I was a happy camper when I started writing this but in the meantime I'm seeing what will be in the morning papers. Representative Looper and Senator Williams have spun this to the press as if we're a bunch of simpletons who didn't understand what a good thing this bill was. One newspaper says there was an offer to remove the provision that gave immunity from lawsuits, that isn't true. Another says that the bill would "indemnify" toll roads for lawsuits. That would mean someone else (the state?) would pay the damages for the toll road companies, that isn't true. In the Chieftain article Rep. Looper complains "There were citizens in that meeting that did not live in the corridor. Their (property) titles are not affected." She set up the meeting and invited those people. She doesn't mention that there were also numerous people from inside the corridor at the meeting and they opposed the bill. On Monday she made an issue that no one from Pueblo County was present but I don't know of any being invited to attend, I know I wasn't.

There are a dozen more inaccuracies but I won't go into them. The bottom line is that Rep. Looper excluded property owners from the meeting where the final version of the bill was drafted. She included the Front Range Toll Road Company, CDOT, the county clerks association, and the title insurers association. What they came up with was that they should give themselves protection from lawsuits. And what appeared to be improved timelines were no timelines at all. That was not acceptable, it was even rejected by the groups who initially supported the bill. Whatever, we wanted it killed and it was.

Highways & Byways

This is all interesting because here is ANOTHER piece of the puzzle.
    I'm in Sturgis SD, and on Interstate 90...Rapid City also, the second largest town in SD.They have nearly completed the South Dakota portion of the "Heartland Expressway", a 4 lane Highway from Rapid City to Fort Collins CO...S.Dakota almost has it finished to the Nebraska border. So I wonder if they have something in common?
    I'm comming to realize the word TRUST should NOT apply to politicians or those working for them.
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

The globalization, and systematic destruction of America. All I need is a flute player, and drummer, and someone to carry the flag with the stars in circle.

April
    Here is some enlightening info on Ray Wells. There are interesting links on the page.

Some of Ray Wells' Corporations
    How many corporations does it take to build a toll road? Rays Wells has at least five Superslab related corporations.

http://www.stupidslab.com/wellscorps01.htm

(The links are to the Colorado Secretary of State's website. First you'll need to click THIS LINK and then use the back button to get back to this page. Then I think the links will work for you. If not you can search for the business names at that site.) The people named are in the original filings, some have been added or deleted over the years.

1. Front Range Toll Road Company - Incorporated on June 27, 1986. This is the one that claims the 12 mile wide corridor. The original participants are B.H. Smartt, William W. Poleson, John R. Sheaffer, Ray S. Wells, Thomas T. Grimshaw.

2. Toll Road Associates Limited Partnership - Incorporated January 12, 1988. The named partners are Ray Wells and Alexander Ben David.

3. Flat Penny Incorporated - Incorporated August 8, 1995. This is a railroad in the same corridor as the Front Range Toll Road Company. They say the plan is to build the railroad first and use it to transport machinery and materials for the construction of the road. Then they want the railroads to use it but the railroads aren't interested. Thomas T Grimshaw, Mary L. Carter, Gilbert F. McNeish, Matthew R. Dalton, Norman F. Kron, Jr. are the incorporators. The members of the board are Ray S. Wells, Melvin D. Flowers, William W. Poleson, John R, Sheaffer and William A. Tolbert.

4. Front Range Toll Road Ltd., LLLP - Incorporated July 7, 2004. A Limited Liability Limited Partnership. William C. Waller, Jr. is the registered agent. The general partner is Front Range Toll Road Management, LLC (see #5 below)

5. Front Range Toll Road Management, LLC - Incorporated July 7, 2004, the same day as #4. A Limited Liability Company. This company is the general partner of #4 above. If anyone knows what this kind of arrangement is about please let me know. William C. Waller, Jr. is the registered agent and the person forming the company. He is a lawyer specializing in estates, wills and taxes so this may be about Ray preparing to haunt us from beyond the grave. Waller's website is here.

So which corporation will try to take our land? Which one will be held accountable by the state for debts and liability? Who are the hidden partners? Who are the secret investors? The only reason to have all of these structures is to hide the money and hide the people and avoid accountability.

Wells, a licensed pilot, has had three aviation related corporations including Cherry Creek Aviation which created such a mess in their contract with Steamboat Springs. These are in addition to R.S. Wells Company (where he actually does business) and a few others. He apparently can't sneeze without spawning a few corporations.

I am just learning that corporations have not always been a way that businessmen can avoid responsibility for their failures. A couple of court decisions over the years created that situation. Program on Corporations, Law, and Democracy and Reclaim Democracy are two sites where you can learn about the expanded powers of corporations.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123