Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: LDS Church takes public stance on immigration legislatio

What needs to happen is the members of the mormon church need to hear a official statement from the first presidency, not some lone bishop who may have a political agenda.

Until the president of the mormon church comes out with a statement, These articles claiming "The Mormon Church" supports this bill are a falsehood.[/b]
    How convenient to stay in the background and see which way to kick the can if things go bad.

We all need to send a big message to the church about their support of this,,, it isn't hard,, simply write to them and when the missionaries show up at your doorstep tell them how you feel about the church abandoning its principles.

I just tried to post a respectful disagreement in the church sponsored newspaper and was censored, this is getting really scary. They are not only going against the vast majority of Utahns they are going against the vast majority of their own members on this one and their own stated principles about obeying the law of the land. Wondering what the motivation is.

Added to Homepage with amended title:
    http://www.alipac.us/article-6158--0-0.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned

Re: LDS Church takes public stance on immigration legislatio

Quote Originally Posted by legalalien
    What needs to happen is the members of the mormon church need to hear a official statement from the first presidency, not some lone bishop who may have a political agenda.

Until the president of the mormon church comes out with a statement, These articles claiming "The Mormon Church" supports this bill are a falsehood.[/b]
    How convenient to stay in the background and see which way to kick the can if things go bad.
    Now I am starting to get really upset!! Staying in the background, as you say , should be the way it is as most people don't want a church getting into matters of law of the states or government.

I have never thought of stopping my support of this site, but I am now.

Who of you can post that the LEADERS of the mormon chuch have come out in support of this??

I have many friends and family who are mormon and NONE of them believe in this legislation.

How dare anyone say that the "mormon church" is for this without facts from the head of the church.

Like I said before, just because a few members or bishops come out and say THEY are for this does mean the mormon church, as a whole is.

I am waiting for the president of the church to make a statement before I start condemning this church.

The president of the mormon church has said NOTHING about this, so anyone saying that the mormon church agrees with this is a liar.

As I have said before, I have many friends and family in the mormon church. And they come to this website on a regular basis as I do. But I must say, I am starting to get highly offended, as I am sure they are, at the mormon bashing going on here lately.

Until the president of the mormon church comes out and says that the mormon church is behind this legislation it is not so.

Banned
    Oh and by the way, Mitt Romney does not speak for the mormon church. He is a member, not the president of the church

Banned
    "LDS Church takes public stance on immigration legislation"

This is also a lie!!

The first presidency of the mormon church has made no statement!!

working4change

OneNationUnderGod

Don't get too upset with us here. It is not the religion or you or your family or members that are under attack. Even if you feel like it is. We don't understand how the LDS works, we don't understand the hiarchy. We only know what we read about particular members of the LDS supporting this bill.

Many here on this forum are Catholic, but have taken offense as we have seen priest and bishop's, etc. support and give aid to illegal immigration. Do we ignore their actions because we have not heard anything directly from the Pope?

A few weeks ago there was a news article about the Presbyterian Church cancelling a meeting in a state because they passed what they considered an anti-illegal immigration bill. I as a Presbyterian was outraged with this stance and questioned whether they were representing the church as a whole or just one segment.

Unfortunately everything that we value is being hijacked and many of us are twisting in the wind. Just remember our common ground, the fight against illegal immigration.

If you are familiar with the hiarchy and how the LDS Church works, please set us straight and educate us.

working4change
    LDS Church urges lawmaker compassion in addressing illegal immigration

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-100113-uta ... iimmigrant

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast