Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Dansk9
    I just tried to post a respectful disagreement in the church sponsored newspaper and was censored, this is getting really scary. They are not only going against the vast majority of Utahns they are going against the vast majority of their own members on this one and their own stated principles about obeying the law of the land. Wondering what the motivation is.
    Dictatorship. Those who benefit from illegal immigration want to push the illegal alien agenda down the public's throats. There must be some deal with Mexico they're not telling us about. Keep in mind that many of these Utah newspapers hire Hispanics. One of them, KSL blocked comments altogether because every time they published their pro-illegal immigration garbage, their forums would get filled with comments against it.

Quote Originally Posted by working4change
    LDS Church urges lawmaker compassion in addressing illegal immigration

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-100113-uta ... iimmigrant

LOL....where was the compassion for the gay community that they persecuted last year? Could it be that gays don't reproduce future tithe payers? I don't think they work for slave wages either.

One needs--

One needs --to only drop the second "M" in Mormon.

I have never emailed a major news source about anything before, but I passed this on to Drudgereport in hopes that he will post it. America needs to know that Utah politicians are held hostage by the LDS churches agenda.

CindyB it is not just the Mormon Church. We are told we have a voice at the ballot, through our elected representatives. But when you have churches, unions, special interest groups and ethnic activist all controlling our governments our voices are going unheard.

When the Presiding Bishop endorsed Utah Compact as some sort of solution, he's representing the Church, himself, his office and the Fiscal Affairs of the Church. He's also functioning as a spokesperson. While the First Presidency has not come out and stated their official position, they are not disagreeing with the Presiding Bishop either. Silence can be interpreted as consent.
    If they disagree where are any other statements to the contrary? WHy have they not asked the SL Tribune to change the title of its article if it's incorrect?

And...Desnews.com has the following title:

Utah Gov. Gary Herbert signs immigration bills into law

and it shows a picture of the Presiding Bishop shaking hands with the governor. So, no endorsement? From the comment boards, it looks like most people are against what has happened.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7053 ... o-law.html

Additionally, the Chamber of Commerce just awarded its highest honors to Burton and everyone in Utah knows that the Chamber is in favor of illegal immigration... Draw your own conclusions.

Does criticism of a "church" need to be viewed as unhealthy?

It should be welcomed. The lessons of the martyrs should say as much. Did their convictions in their personal relationship with Christ as their savior wane when the church demanded they act according the leadership of the church or their governments or its leaders, kings or potentates when such orders went all against their convictions? My understanding is that salvation does not come from the leadership or from a church. The church and it's leaders are to act as a shepard and guide the flock.

The individual should stand up for their faith, and this should be a reflection of their church. When the many individuals, members, of the church are confronted with a public controversy, then the leadership of the church should stand up and express the doctrines of the church. Then the individuals will know if they are standing with a church on solid rock, or merely sand. This is why I think that criticism is not always bad.

The Mormon Church leadership now finds itself in between a rock and a hard place. The Presidentcy should not hide behind the Bishop, and the members should not hide behind either.

That is a lesson of the Protestant Reformation, yes?

JMOs

I don't think we're anti-Mormon; just disappointed.

I don't think people believe the Mormons are now pro-illegal immigration. They should protest, though. Our Catholic clergy, minus traditionalists, are promoting stuff like The Dream Act and saying we have the resources and it's hateful to object.
    We are not wealthy, anymore. Also, many illegals are drug, weapons and people smugglers and common thugs and the "good ones" are "useful idiots" that will help Mexico, probably with our president's help (though the GOP presidents have granted the amnesties), with their reconquista. Some aren't even Latin American, but terrorists!

Furthermore, teachers have trouble teaching the rest of the class, when some don't know English. Those who do probably don't (likely being told this land is their land--or will be). My mom is not a flagwaver type, though not a real lib, either, though she has been watching FOXNews more often this past 365 days or so.

Another thing is, they are not being tested for diseases. Some have come back, though I thought we get vaccinated for even "extinct" ones.

Then, there's in-state tuition for them! What? Why not poor Black kids or legal Latinos, whose families go back before this craziness? They'd better watch out! The vote plantation is looking to the Latinos for a plentiful vote yield at a low price, as there's more of them coming in. I hope the LDS and Catholic clergy actually like gay marriage and the culture of death, because the sell-outs to the Dems amongst their people will be manipulating and agitating them to vote for the Democrats which, in effect, will continue the leftist genocide of them and others here and abroad.
    I know Catholic social teaching is being misapplied and it seems so is the case of the Mormons. I guess we figured we could count on the Mormons, after Prop 8, to carry on the good fight until our leaders run out the scandalous rats, as so many Mormon faithful seem to still conservative and so many of ours have been betrayed to the liberation theologists in our universities for so long.
    I guess Fundie Protestants are also lame these days. Once we wake up healed of our bleeding hearts, having understood our church's mission, and its alone as the one Christ established in The Holy Bible, we'll straighten things out!

After reading some of the comments over on the newspaper site, all I can say is WOW!!

Thanks and a great post foolishmortal. Welcome to ALIPAC.

I have not read the posts on the link, but Thanks MontereySherry, I will check them out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast