Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by ruthiela
    They were sending McCain Heads of Lettuce last spring.
    Oh Dixie.........you just gave me one heck of an idea
    Bush loves the illegals so much and wants them here so bad..........
    wouldn't it be just lovely if we all bought one head of lettuce (IN PLASTIC BAGS, PLEASE) and make Bush the proud owner of an awful lot of lettuce?? He'd probably eat it, thinking it was a "gift" from his "friends" that work out in the fields

You know, this brings to mind the "send a brick" campaign.... hmmmmm

Any body want to pitch in and help me buy a few acres across the road from the Crawford Ranch entrance? I want to allow illegals to live on it free of charge, unregulated and they can grow all the greens they want. Build any kind of shelter or unlicensed vehicle. Wouldn't that be a nice site to see? Bush can drive on and off his property and see all the squatters.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Hey, isn't the "Foxxy" brand of lettuce the one that Walmart mainly sells?

What about Dole salad mixes? I have been searching articles on this and have not found out anything connecting Dole recently.

As for the beef, dang this has been a problem before and we always have to go back to the ones doing the butchering and handling, who are these people and are the standards they are held to what they ought to be and...is someone keeping tabs on the whole process?

My first and only thought is this, this is what these produce growers get for hiring illegal aliens from third world cesspools. After that, this should hopefully further polarize Americans to fight hard against these invaders and what they are bringing into our nation.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Anybody see Lou Dobbs on Larry King last night?

Lou said if farmers would hire LEGAL workers, pay them double what they're paying illegals, the cost of a head of lettuce would only go up by 10 cents a head.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I too wonder how much of this e-coli is being deliberately spread. It worries me. I was going to stop for a salad last night but changed my mind when I remembered this problem.

Banned
    Our local health departments should insist that people are legal residents to work in the food industry.
    Seems like this should be a federal law, as many companies like the chicken processors are located in more than one state. But, I think the local health departments who inspect restaurants, at least in NC, should be concerned about the health of food handlers. I'm going to call my county health dept and ask about this.

JAK
    Anybody see Lou Dobbs on Larry King last night?

Lou said if farmers would hire LEGAL workers, pay them double what they're paying illegals, the cost of a head of lettuce would only go up by 10 cents a head.
    Thats a good idea. Hire an American or get a machine.
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    I'm going to call my county health dept and ask about this.
    Don't be shocked! When I recently asked health departments questions, it made my stomach turn and I haven't been eating out much lately. The potential dangers really worry me.

Dixie

That is why I am very careful where I eat. The 2 main things I look for is if there is any hot water and if I can see them prepare my food. If you see it than you know that it is safer. I will not eat at a fast food place or a small restaurant on the beach. Many of those small beach restaurants regulary get nailed by the department of health. A good place to look is on the health department's website as they may list who failed an inspection.

I would pay 25 cents more for a head of lettuce if I knew it was picked by legals.

Banned
    I called this am and spoke with someone I know who does restaurant inspections in my NC county. I was told that most states adhere to FDA regulations for food handling, but NC does not and currently has its own regulations. They are, however, going to move to the FDA regulations in the next year or so. She is going to send me the docs/web links for these and I'll post when I get them. Apparently, it is mandated that if an employee is showing certain symptoms (such as vomiting/diarrhea), then they cannot work. But this doesn't mean much since things like hepatitis can be asymptomatic. She told me that when they go into restaurants to do inspections they observe the employees for obvious signs of jaundice and the like, but agan, this is not enough. I passed along my comments to the health dept director that I no longer will eat in restaurants that employ illegals (I know a couple with ~100% certainty) and that they should consider adopting mandates that all businesses that handle food check SS numebers to make sure their employees are legal.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast