Lone Protester- Reality 11/07/07

I didn’t have any work to do today, or tomorrow or Friday for that matter, so I thought I would sit down and write about a few things that have happened to me in the last couple of days. Someone once said that we live in interesting times, and from my perspective we sure as heck do. My side of things is from being in the home construction industry in Columbia, SC for years and how illegal competition is killing this business that my son and I own. We are out there every day, competing against businesses that are winning the battle hands down. There is absolute no way we can win because all the odds are stacked against us, even though, theoretically, under the Constitution and Bill of Rights, we are in the right. So how can this come to pass? It is because most of us close our eyes to it, most of us live in our own little fantasy world that very seldom intrudes into the real one where people like me are are forced to eke out an existence. And it is a losing battle.

I have a friend who is a contractor, I will call him Dave. He is the kind of guy that will help anybody, give you the shirt off his back, he and his wife, I believe, have adopted about 13 kids over the years. Pretty smart guy. I have done jobs for him for 6 or 7 years now and know him real good. We were in a conversation about illegals being employed by his fellow contractors and he did his best attempting to take up for them. Like they are hard workers, very dependable and only wanted to get ahead. His brick mason and stucco crews are Hispanic, and Dave swears up and down that all of them are legal, from San Antonio. And I want to believe him, because he’s my friend. But at the same time, I am looking at the reality of the situation from the viewpoint of someone who’s business is about dead because of people closing their eyes to it. I was asked by a newspaper reporter about the percentage of illegal Hispanics in the construction industry in Columbia and I replied that it was 75 to 90%. I was deemed a racist because of that, by the way.

That same night, I am on a radio program (Freedom Fighter) and there was another guest who everyone called Lady X, she had been married to a Mexican coyote for 15 years and detailed her life with him. She is in hiding from him by the way. She said that once every Thursday, 52 weeks a year, her husband would shepherd a bus full of 80 illegal Hispanics out of Mexico heading to the southeast United States. For 10 years he did this and she assisted him. Do the math. That’s 4,160 in a year and 41,600 in ten years. By one gang. I asked Lady X in her opinion and experience, what was the percentages of illegals in the construction industry in my home town? She replied 99%. This response is from someone who was on the inside for ten long years. Anybody that wants to hear her testimony, just go to Freedom Fighter Radio and click on the archives for 11/05/07. She is also going to be on the same show Friday night from 600 to 800 pm est.

That reality that Lady X describes is the one I face every day, or the results of it. Why, am I, as a small businessman, forced to compete in an environment like this? Just yeaterday, I was working at a small job, in front of me was a Hispanic on a cell phone, to the rear of my vehicle was a Hispanic lady on the cell phone also. Hispanic music is blaring from the house. Even though that house is in Columbia, SC, it was also deep in the heart of Mexico, where it does not belong. There is no way that all of these people could be legal, but, if I ask or question their legality or illegality I stand a chance of getting arrested for it. And I know for a fact that if you try to protest that fact you will get arrested also. But no, because of political correctness, and an inability to enforce our laws, I am forced to close my eyes to the real problems and instead to compete with them on a daily basis.

This is the reality of it from my perspective, and it is one that I never expected to find myself in. And I do not like it, because I am in caught in a situation where I cannot win when the powers that be are on the other side, and because they are rampantly encouraging and aiding in lawbreaking on a massive scale. I do not envy anyone that is in my position. Because all of the odds are lined up against you.