Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Martinez elected chairman of RNC

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington ... inez_x.htm

Republicans elect Martinez to party's top post
    Posted 1/19/2007 1:40 PM ET
    By Larry Wheeler, Gannett News Service
    WASHINGTON — Sen. Mel Martinez of Florida is the new face of the Republican Party.
    The Republican National Committee voted Friday to make the Cuban-American senator the party's general chairman.

In the newly created role, Martinez will articulate the Republican message for at least the next two years. He will concentrate on TV appearances and other venues as the GOP recovers from a stinging midterm election defeat while laying the groundwork for the 2008 presidential race.

Martinez, 60, said his sales pitch will focus on people, not power.

"The desire for power ought not be what drives us," Martinez said in an interview before the RNC vote. "It ought to be to begin to deliver a message that conveys to the American people we are a party that has renewed itself and has answers to their everyday problems."

President Bush picked Martinez for the slot back in November, saying the Florida lawmaker represents the "American dream" as an immigrant who overcame humble origins and succeeded through hard work and perseverance.

Martinez will work to overcome fault lines that have emerged in the Republican Party over certain issues, especially immigration.

The first Cuban-American senator, Martinez also is expected to broaden the Republican Party's appeal to Latino voters and help the GOP presidential nominee contend for Florida's valuable electoral votes.

Martinez came to Florida from Cuba in 1962 at age 15 as a part of "Operation Pedro Pan," a Catholic Church program that helped more than 14,000 Cuban children leave the communist country, according to a narrative on Martinez' Senate website.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

So the RNC nominates someone who is Pro-Amnesty to head up it's organisation and says they are trying to "heal" the wounds. What a joke, the Pro-Illegal pukes just made sure they don't have any power for quite a few years to come.

How Bush and Company can sleep at night is beyond me. Oh wait, they are elites who don't give a rats tail about America or Americans unless it puts money in their pockets. I will say it as much as possible, Bush and his Pro-Illegal brethren have done more to destroy this country then anyone else in our history.

HISSSSSSSSSS BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bad Move!

Elected by Rhinos.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Now were did I put that stuffing for the effigy I was working on?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So again we have no representation in this country. The illegals have all the representation. Time to vote third party. Why should I vote for a Republican? They are no better than a Democrat and they are all for open borders and ending our nations sovereignty all in the name of cheap labor. All you fools that continue to give the RNC money should have their heads examined.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I wonder which party is really the most stupid? I wonder how we could figure that out.

The RNC will get NONE of my money! I made the mistake of donating last year, the first time in my life to do something of that nature. Clearly, they are so far from having a clue...MAN, it's frustrating!!!
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TyRANTosaur
    The RNC will get NONE of my money! I made the mistake of donating last year, the first time in my life to do something of that nature. Clearly, they are so far from having a clue...MAN, it's frustrating!!!
    Me either. I stoped supporting them as well. But they keep trying! I will support individuals not party.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

I'm a precinct chair for the party here in my home county. The County Chair has mentioned he'd like for me to take his place next year, if elected. I've told him and my fellow repubs that I am a conservative before I am a republican. I vote for the individual, as well. I do not dare vote party. You might start to see a trend towards a third party growing stronger over the next year or so.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast