Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

These flower children filed a class action lawsuit last week the US taxpayers will have to pay if the green card wanna bees win.

They could care less about the US or its citizens ! They are just trying to escape from their overpopulated countries so they can overpopulate ours !
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

I HAVE been in the hiring position several times over the last few years. I had so many qualified people apply, that it broke my heart to have only one job opening each time - I wanted to hire several, they were that good. And my openings were not top jobs at top pay, just rank and file positions.

The dead giveaway about this post, the opening personal attack on Coto. Since 2001, starting with the job hunters boards, we've been seeing this phenomenon. It seems to be extremely important to someone, somewhere, that Americans who lose jobs or protest job loss be made to think that it was all their fault, and that they not organize, compare notes, or notice national or global trends. [there's MY conspiracy theory] I cannot tell you how many of these types of posts I have seen. Some are just sadistic trolls, but if all the effort that was put into putting us down were channeled elsewhere, the world would be a very different and much better place. These attacks often seemed orchestrated. If Coto sometimes seems testy, remember that he is a battle-scarred veteran of these troll attacks, as am I.

Assuming that this poster is telling the truth, what can we tell about his company just from what he has said here?

For starters, his story changes. In his first post, he says the team was 'let go' and in a subsequent post he asserts that there was no job loss, just that the team was broken up. Repurposing human resources happens some times, but in practice we rarely see it once an outsourcing contract service company is involved.

And, of course, he's not an American. Since we learned about the other side, sometimes on their boards we spot them planning to drop by and 'educate' us.

So, if this story is real, we have a) an HR dept. of highly questionable competence, b) a heartless, shortsighted management that reacts to a) by sending work to a country with no data protection laws, a dodgy infrastructure, and a job hopping employment base (salaries for the skilled people he claimes to seek are rising 10-15% over there now, lots of employee poaching is happening). Oh, and the rupee has risen sharply against the dollar. They are trying to keep that under control, but larger forces are pushing the rupee higher and they can't hold it down forever.

Unless this guy IS the manager, his resume better be up to date, as his job is probably not far down on the list to move to greener pastures. But, overall, I don't buy it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The problem with our visitor's argument, is that what is beneficial 'logical immigration'[?] depends very much on one's point of view - what is 'logical' for one person is not necessarily 'logical' to another.

With rampant abuses of H1b, L1 visa systems well documented, the decision on how, or whether to change the visa/work permission system should be left up to US citizens ONLY - and to the benefit of the voting puclic as at large (eg. with NO lobbying or policy input from corporate interests - that is largely responsible for the mess that exists NOW!).

Cato, you were probably fired because of your cry baby attitude, lack of people skills and lack of updated technical skills. You should stop whining and blaming everybody else for your problems.
    You are cautioned about personal attacks here - one more and you'll be promptly uninvited. You don't know the other poster's life experiences, nor that person's background - don't be so arrogant as to assume that you do.

If you think you will get a job if all the H1Bs are deported, you are wrong. The jobs will go to where ever these competent people go. And they will take many more jobs with them. Like the Microsoft jobs which are going to to Canada.
    Unlike the 'transnational progressives' @ Micro$oft, I think US based corporations that have allowed their success, as well as, offer a stable environment which is safe and predictable for doing business here owe something to this country. If they disagree, then yes, they do need to leave - not for their reasons, but for mine.

Also, M$ has levied the threat of 'give us what we want or we'll leave' before. Call their bluff. I personally don't believe in giving billionaires what they want simply because they say so. After all, using Bill Gates' standard of background and education to get hired into his company, even he couldn't get a [software engineer/developer] job at Micro$oft.

My company could not find a competent Oracle programmer who is looking for a job in the US and we could not import one on H1B because the quota is exhausted. So we had to let the team of six other Americans go and send the work to India. We loved this team, but we cannot work with an incomplete team.
    Your presupposition amounts to nonsense - we couldn't find enough Americans <usual rant here> ... so we had to outsource to India?
    If all corporations are allowed to proclaim their lack of ability to get exactly what they want, and simply send the jobs overseas - I wonder how many corps. will remain to hire any US citizens? And remember, other countries do 'outsourcing' too... The last time I checked the US Constitution, I did not see the one clause or amendment that says every person seeking to hire an Oracle programmer was entitled to find one.
    Just see the signature line for commentary on this line of reasoning...

When you drive competent people away, you also drive the team away. Remember what happened in the steel industry...
    Point 1: The US steel industry was also competing against many other nation's steel industries which enjoyed very substantial subsidies from their governments - the US not very much at all. And then, we could talk about tariffs and tax structure as well... The playing field was anything BUT level.

Point 2: There is nothing wrong with competent technical people working in their home country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

See?

I've been screaming at Congress, for bending over for these illegal Latino's....that soon another group would rise up and start placing demands.

Where do these foreigners get off, coming here, and demanding things?

Obey our laws, or get out!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

And, what the poster seems to miss, is our irritation at non-citizens lobbying "their" [really our] government officials. That's our job, and it is no longer a 'job Americans won't do.'

UT ..just ONE illegal is too many, let’s start w/the usurper & his cronies..!! ;)

Speaking of which:

Speaking of which:

You know, I've always known there was FRAUD in the H1B visa program, but WOW .. This is an eye OPENER..!!

This valuable “How to commit FRAUD ‘legally' in the H1B programâ€
    No need for &lsquo;mass roundups&rsquo;, simply ENFORCE EXISTING law*& MANDATE the worker ID, ..but SEVEN amnesties? Hmm, WHO cried wolf?!

That's right - if qualified American applicants are so hard to find, why do companies go to the expense and trouble of hiring lawyers to advise them on how to dodge any qualified American candidates who show up? That would be like buying insurance against an invasion from Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    And, what the poster seems to miss, is our irritation at non-citizens lobbying "their" [really our] government officials. That's our job, and it is no longer a 'job Americans won't do.'
    So very well said Betsy, thats our job, and no longer a " jobs Americans won't do" (it is now off the HELP WANTED LIST!! got it.)

What I have to say to people like Bill Gates, take Microsoft and get out, but remove yourself and your family with it, you are no longer welcome in the United States you are now a traitor to the American worker and his family.
    We once had respect for you now you discust us, same with Ford, Hershey and all the other traitors, your day is coming, Americans are waking up!! Hope you can sell your products to people makeing 3rd world wages.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

This guy is probably another visitor from Immigration Voice, here are some discussions of their previous incursions: http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showt ... post106351

Originally Posted by gans
    Hi :

I'm a new member here. I used to be in alipac supporting the cause of legal immigrants (Screen name : H1B) but found it was a fruitless exercise trying to convince them about the issues of legal immigrants. I don't know if you guys followed any of it assuming you knew about alipac in the first place.

I came to know of immigrationvoice and I have been following the threads. In fact, today I spoke to Jennifer Bjorhus of St. Paul Pioneer Press to highlight our issues but since she is from Minnesota, she wanted local candidates. I'm from Chicago. If anybody is from Minnesota, feel free to talk to her or email her at jbjorhus@pioneerpress.com or 651-228-2146 (w) . She follows up well and listens!

Meanwhile, I have also posted a blog at this site today :

http://legalimmi.blogspot.com/

I have posted the exact same one in Hillary Clinton's website under the blogs too. I will try to be of any help that this organization needs.

gans: welcome.

u were an inspiration for many of us during ur debate with betsy ross and crocker. i registered as h1b-140 and tried to provide support to you...but logic, law and arguments are futile against people filled with that much hate.

i read somewhere once - do not try to teach those who cannot be taught

Quote Originally Posted by 4_logical_immigration
    Well if you have a shortage of surrogate mothers, you can't really pay a man a million dollars and hope to get the job done
    No, but if you pay enough, you can find a surrogate mother who'll do the job for you instead of for someone else!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast