Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

That article is just to much Betsy at your link, these people think they have a right to complain if they can not get a visa to work in our country.

Why does no one understand, this country can only take in so many people before you will destroy it, like all the other over populated third world holes on this earth.

Well we the people.. you know the citizens...born here our ancestors fought for and built this country must and will force our government to have limits on all people coming here to work and we will force them to enforce our laws.

We the people thanks to all of you and the illegals have woken up Americans and we are going back to running our country, and WE THE PEOPLE WILL DO WHAT IS BEST FOR IT not you! We will prserve it for our children and grandchildren, And all the brow beating and name calling will not stop us!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Go home and lobby your own government and leave ours alone, that is for Americans to do!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    fedupinwaukegan needs help check out this link!!If you are anywhere near the conference great time to meet William from ALIPAC
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=68140

National Organization Announces 'Shop in Waukegan Day' to Counter Illegal Alien Boycott

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=73007
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss

gans: welcome.

u were an inspiration for many of us during ur debate with betsy ross and crocker. i registered as h1b-140 and tried to provide support to you...but logic, law and arguments are futile against people filled with that much hate.

i read somewhere once - do not try to teach those who cannot be taught
    Where'd you go, 4_logical_immigration? I'm for logical immigration too, and that would NOT be any kind of immigration that takes jobs from American citizens!

You just don't get it, do you? We don't hate you H1B holders! What we hate is that your employers would rather hire you for cheaper money than they could hire an American citizen because you guys are so desparate to come here! They can treat you any way they want and you won't make a fuss. American citizens have LOST THEIR JOBS because of this! This is OUR country, and we should have first choice at the jobs here over immigrants brought in specifically to fill these positions.
    We hate that these employers only care about $$$$ and circumventing the law
    We hate going to college for 6-7 years to get post grad degrees and still not being able to get a decent job because now we're over-qualified and too old
    We hate getting laid off because it's cheaper for our company to get workers from somewhere else, or to take the whole company out of the US

We don't hate you, but we don't like your arrogance when an employer chooses you over us because you're cheaper, NOT because you're better It has gotten to the point where they won't even give Americans a chance at the cheaper salary since they assume Americans won't work for it. Then, when you've been out of the market for a while because of layoffs, you can't get another job because you don't have "recent experience" in your field. Is it fair or right that Americans should live at the poverty level when they did all the right things as far as education? This is OUR country and OUR government, not yours!

You guys don't have a clue!

Watch these lawyers teaching companies how NOT to hire Americans!! Click the link below!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hi Moosetracks,
    Quote Originally Posted by moosetracks
    I've been screaming at Congress, for bending over for these illegal Latino's....that soon another group would rise up and start placing demands.

Where do these foreigners get off, coming here, and demanding things?

Obey our laws, or get out!
    HEROS OF INDIA!
    SELLOUTS OF AMERICA!

The Taxpayer Funded friends of india caucus
    exists to send our jobs to Bangalore, Chennai, Dehli, Kolkata, Hyderabad, and Pune!

Presidential Candidate Rodham and Sen. Cornyn founded the taxpayer funded friends of India Caucus to increase NON-immigrant H-1B visa holders and to send the rest of our jobs to Bang-Town!

The Taxpayer Funded friends of india caucus
    is detrimental to Americans!

Hillary is so indebted to India, she invited Tata to upstate NY
    to destroy more American jobs!

Hillary is still at it! This was 4 days ago!
    Quote Originally Posted by Network World
    U.S. Senator and presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton continued to court Indian business leaders last week by reiterating her call for more H-1B visas and said Americans need to prepare for technology careers. Clinton spoke via satellite to 4000 attendees of the Indian Institutes of Technology global conference in Santa Clara, Calif.
    http://www.networkworld.com/community/?q=node/17368

Folks, if Hillary wins, we're gonna have to suck up to Bangalore or else!.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Your presupposition amounts to nonsense - we couldn't find enough Americans <usual rant here> ... so we had to outsource to India?
    If all corporations are allowed to proclaim their lack of ability to get exactly what they want, and simply send the jobs overseas - I wonder how many corps. will remain to hire any US citizens? And remember, other countries do 'outsourcing' too... The last time I checked the US Constitution, I did not see the one clause or amendment that says every person seeking to hire an Oracle programmer was entitled to find one.
    I have to disagree in general here. Microsoft outsourcing a job to India or preferring to hire an H1-B for a (possibly) lower wage is no different from an ordinary American preferring to buy a Japanese car over an American one or even choosing to buy his home online (instead of using a middleman) and thus hurting some American job. Everybody has to make economic choices in life to survive - including Bill Gates - and the fact that some people will be hurt in the short run cannot be helped and in fact is the only way America's economic health and competitiveness will be maintained. Why should any American be prevented from hiring who they want just to protect American jobs? This goes against basic free market principles that have made this country so great in the first place. Robots created by American ingenuity might very well take away jobs in the coming years, should we protest that too?

Just see the signature line for commentary on this line of reasoning...
    Yes and the video only illustrates the difficulties faced by legal immigrants aspiring for a path to permanency. Given enough money, one could in theory always find a competent American citizen for any job but if that logic is followed to the end, we would need to stop immigration altogether!

Point 2: There is nothing wrong with competent technical people working in their home country.
    No doubt, but there is also nothing wrong with law abiding citizens of the world coming together to work in a mutually agreeable place at a mutually agreeable price. These are economic forces at play and suppressing them will only hurt America in the long run.

get ready to punch..

Ok another immigrant here......... start your punches, let us see where we go.

Call_me_immigrant:

Sorry, but I fear you'll be sadly disappointed if you think that the mere admission of being 'an immigrant' is enough to open the tidal flood of bashing here.

Immigrants, in general, when law-abiding and when they have no potential to undermine the life/lives of people here... are welcome. (eg. or, let me translate into a more direct and open disclaimer: you're welcome here, but only according to our rules, at our pleasure, on our terms).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Crikey
    Why should any American be prevented from hiring who they want just to protect American jobs? This goes against basic free market principles that have made this country so great in the first place. Robots created by American ingenuity might very well take away jobs in the coming years, should we protest that too?
    Free market principles are great, but, they aren't everything either.
    There is no Constitutional right to hire who/whom ever a person wants to here. Actually, we have strong immigration / work visa procedures and laws in place for a reason. In this country, laws are not the impediment to progress and prosperity, they are the basic precondition which has allowed such growth and success.

Actually, we have strong immigration / work visa procedures and laws in place for a reason. In this country, laws are not the impediment to progress and prosperity, they are the basic precondition which has allowed such growth and success.
    I do agree that the immigration laws are well intentioned but it is not right to assume that all is fine and dandy either. I grew up in a poor third world country and always dreamed of immigrating to the USA since I was a child. My parents always used to scare me that if I did not study hard, I would not be allowed inside America and that always kept me on my toes. And I did manage to come here but after 7 yrs of being in this country legally with an advanced degree to boot, it breaks my heart to know that I am still stuck in an interminable queue with laws that forbid me from changing employers or starting my own company or going back to school or any of the other things that Americans take for granted. Of course you could look me in the eye and say: "Well if you don't like our rules you can leave, nobody is forcing you to be here". It makes sense but sadly its not the whole picture, there is another side to the story that is difficult to portray. You have to be in an immigrant's shoes to truly understand the other side.
    Sadly, I believe that the 9/11 attacks and subsequent anti-American sentiment around the world have led many Americans to question the merits of welcoming immigrants and it is a sad but perfectly understandable situation.

I do agree that the immigration laws are well intentioned but it is not right to assume that all is fine and dandy either. I grew up in a poor third world country and always dreamed of immigrating to the USA since I was a child. My parents always used to scare me that if I did not study hard, I would not be allowed inside America and that always kept me on my toes. And I did manage to come here but after 7 yrs of being in this country legally with an advanced degree to boot, it breaks my heart to know that I am still stuck in an interminable queue with laws that forbid me from changing employers or starting my own company or going back to school or any of the other things that Americans take for granted. Of course you could look me in the eye and say: "Well if you don't like our rules you can leave, nobody is forcing you to be here". It makes sense but sadly its not the whole picture, there is another side to the story that is difficult to portray. You have to be in an immigrant's shoes to truly understand the other side.
    Sadly, I believe that the 9/11 attacks and subsequent anti-American sentiment around the world have led many Americans to question the merits of welcoming immigrants and it is a sad but perfectly understandable situation.
    You make a very appealing argument and you sound like someone I would like to have as my neighbor. What do you say to the millions of people around the world who have followed procedures set out by our government and waited their turn to gain entry into the country? This country cannot take in every person who chooses to come - on their terms and on their schedule. The uncontrolled influx has overwhelmed our local governments and created chaos. We, as citizens, must force our government to recognize the wishes of the people who are rightfully here. This is the way a democracy works.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast