Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexican president welcomes migrants returning for the holida

December 20, 2006

Mexican president welcomes migrants returning for the holidays

NOGALES, Mexico Mexican President Felipe Calderon was in Nogales, Sonora, today, shaking hands with migrants coming home for the holidays and promising to defend their rights in the United States.

But unlike his predecessor Vicente Fox, Calderon says his administration will focus more on creating jobs to keep Mexicans home rather than concentrating solely on a U-S migration accord.

Calderon says "The generation of well-paid jobs is the only long lasting solution to the migration problem."

Calderon also pledged to fight corruption and make Mexico more attractive to foreign investors.

http://www.kvoa.com/global/story.asp?s= ... =Printable
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

He ought to be more concerned about defending their rights in that cesspool of corruption called Mexico! The corruption will never end there, it's like trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Re: Mexican president welcomes migrants returning for the ho

Quote Originally Posted by mapwife
    December 20, 2006

But unlike his predecessor Vicente Fox, Calderon says his administration will focus more on creating jobs to keep Mexicans home rather than concentrating solely on a U-S migration accord.

Calderon says "The generation of well-paid jobs is the only long lasting solution to the migration problem."

Calderon also pledged to fight corruption and make Mexico more attractive to foreign investors.

http://www.kvoa.com/global/story.asp?s= ... =Printable

id have to see it before i believe it...

All talk, no action.

This month is the time to put more force on our side of the border as they attempt to re-cross after the holidays. A lot of em do it by jumping onto freight trains and hiding in all sorts of places.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Though I'm not gonna hold my breath, I'll give him a shot at improving the economy. He'll most likely wind up a miserable failure of a president, just like the many "presidentes" that have gone before him. He'll no doubt continue the piggyback ride Fox had on the US. A country that has many natural resources, and a tourism industry, yet they are so corrupt the economy remains down. Yip, I am not gonna hold my breath.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

MW
    Coto wrote:

This month is the time to put more force on our side of the border as they attempt to re-cross after the holidays.
    Unfortunately Coto, that would make too much sense. The reality of the situation is, the illegals that went home for the holidays will probably return while 25% of our border patrol agents and 50% of the National Guard are on holiday. One week before Christmas and up to one week after the New Year would probably be a great time to be an illegal border crosser, don't you think?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Defending their rights in AMERICA?? As illegals, they have no rights in this country. El presidente should focus on fixing his broke ass, busted up country first!!

There has not been a Mexican presidente yet that has cleaned up that mess. And now, with a US president willing to babysit Mexico, there is no reason for Calderon to really make an effort. It's absolutely one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen. If I were a Mexican with any self-respect, I'd be ashamed of Calderon and those that wish to take advantage of the US. Unfortunately, I don't know if there are too many self-respecting Mexicans left.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!