Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Rach, your entire argument completely ignores the fact that we're talking about individuals who are residing in this country illegally. Obviously you don't hold the 'rule of law' in high regard.

Rach wrote:

oh wait, a UC Irvine study showed that all immigrant populations have LOWER crime rates than native-born Americans --- look it up.) OH NO these immigrants are not only more intelligent, they are also better, less criminally inclined people who cross an extremely dangerous border and deal with psychos who will go unnamed to provide for their families!!!!!!!!
    Nice attempt at confusing the facts. Actually the study did not separate the immigration groups (legal and illegal). Of course legal immigrants, for the most part, are going to be law obiding because they have a vested interest in doing so. To do otherwise could mean deportation. Further, by coming here legally, they've already shown a respect for the legal process. The same can't be said for illegal aliens.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I don't have the honor of visiting this website much... you know, life priorities, like avoiding hateful commentary I've heard a million times.

I'd be happy to give a more qualified student my spot and funding. That's kind of the entire point of a competitive admissions process. So the only thing I can conclude is that you all are afraid that undocumented kids are the most intelligent in NC and will overrun our public universities. If that's the case, you all should probably pool all your wealth and invest in researching the intelligence gene to combat the entrance of a population of geniuses into our society. If these kids are as smart as you think, you might be better off letting them become educated, allowing them to find this intelligence gene for you, and then stealing it from them. (I know, I know, you all would never steal, since that's what undocumented immigrants do ... oh wait, a UC Irvine study showed that all immigrant populations have LOWER crime rates than native-born Americans --- look it up.) OH NO these immigrants are not only more intelligent, they are also better, less criminally inclined people who cross an extremely dangerous border and deal with psychos who will go unnamed to provide for their families!!!!!!!!!! IMPLOSION OF THE UNIVERSE!!!!

However, the reality is that more educated kids --> expanding economy --> better tax base --> more funding for education. So little Johnny whose main talent appears to be ranting against immigrants as good ol' mom/dad taught him DOES have a chance at getting into college, despite the genius undocumented kids who would otherwise fill all the UNC system seats.

So RELAX Now maybe you can continue on with your life instead of wasting your time freaking out over an imaginary threat. (Yes, I realize I'm being optimistic.)

MW: While I agree 350 isn't huge, ALIPAC (which is state-wide) has had MUCH smaller protests: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1113058.html ---- I'm pretty sure you wouldn't argue that YOUR event was undeserving of press attention....

And for the record, most college students work --> pay taxes (including myself). As someone who now has a full time job, I am just as much a taxpayer as you all. So please stop with the lame "you'll understand when you pay taxes" argument. It really just gives me another reason to wonder what parallel reality you inhabit.

Now, I'm just wondering how long it will take before I get banned from this lovely website. Don't worry, I understand. What WOULD you all discuss if legitimate studies were discussed instead of, say, the upbringing of the girl who was quoted by the N&O. Jesus, the threatening newcomers abound.
    No we welcome your statement Rach. But I would say you are way off base with your comments. First thing, is that not always is it based on their education to get into these colleges. A lot of it has to do with the supposed "diversity " they are shoving down peoples throats in America. And I see it at work. Why must they have the phrase "diversity "if they want to be so eager at working together? I do believe that just creates more division and not harmonious relations.

And NO there is not an imaginary threat out there in the real world ,that most of us live in. There is a true threat to the way of life in America and you can find it in many writings and not just here at ALIPAC.

And Rach you sound like those few liberals out there that believe all the bad news you hear about ILLEGAL ALIENS is a myth and the rest of the public is misinformed. That is BS! And it appears you may have only selective reading and do not read a lot of the news that is out there on the web and newspapers and other articles.

And you speak of lame excuses as far as paid in taxes. I know for fact they do not pay their share if paid any at all. Not to mention the ANCHOR BABIES they have to get benefits from this government they are no party of. Beneits and monies that they could not even get from their own governments from their coutries of origin

Please,I would relish and invite your reply to this.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

MW
    uniteasone wrote:

Please,I would relish and invite your reply to this.
    I wouldn't hold my breath. Rach was probably one of those 'drive-by' posters we get on here occasionally.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh! drive-by insult..........I think she is a bit young to have noticed changes in our surroundings over these past years to tell you the truth.

Re: hi anti-immigrant folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rach
    So little Johnny whose main talent appears to be ranting against immigrants as good ol' mom/dad taught him DOES have a chance at getting into college, despite the genius undocumented kids who would otherwise fill all the UNC system seats.

So RELAX Now maybe you can continue on with your life instead of wasting your time freaking out over an imaginary threat. (Yes, I realize I'm being optimistic.)

MW: While I agree 350 isn't huge, ALIPAC (which is state-wide) has had MUCH smaller protests: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1113058.html ---- I'm pretty sure you wouldn't argue that YOUR event was undeserving of press attention....

And for the record, most college students work --> pay taxes (including myself). As someone who now has a full time job, I am just as much a taxpayer as you all. So please stop with the lame "you'll understand when you pay taxes" argument. It really just gives me another reason to wonder what parallel reality you inhabit.
    Well, Well, she still hasn't learned anything.
    I just don't get why some people believe we should abandon our own to educate those who have broken the law by coming here illegally?

Rach-illegal immigrations affects all of us. You may think you haven't had a personal experience with illegal immigration, but you have. It threatens your future just the same as it does every member of this group and every American. Fortunately there are those of us who will take a stand and say enough is enough. We will not sit idly by while the bureaucrats in Washington try to give another amnesty to people who break our laws!

yay for drive by .... postings.

...so much less dramatic when we realize i never committed an act of violence, as implied by a "drive by insult." I mean, people, we're arguing on the INTERNET. I'm the only one whose name we know. So, if you want to talk about "drive by insult," consider that you and your fellow "friends" started anonymously discussing the childhood of someone you've never met. I'm suddenly feeling less creepy and "drive by"-esque than you. Soooooooo... let's not judge the girl you theorized about from a one line quote. At least not on the creepy front.

To clarify some mis-readings of my post

---I was referring to ME paying taxes (as a native born US citizen), not undocumented immigrants. even though they do often pay taxes: sales (everyone pays), through fake social security numbers that they can never collect on.

--- Right. A nationally accredited university is bogus. See, how do you even respond to that?

MW: DID YOU READ THE STUDY?!
    http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/ne ... 592092.php
    "The numbers applied to both legal and illegal immigrants."
    YES!!! SOMETIMES ANTI-IMMIGRANT MYTHS ARE W.R.O.N.G. I know, a real shocker.

Also, the study only addresses crime rates. I was jokingly showing that your all's fear of undocumented students getting into competitive universities indicates an underlying assumption that they are competitive (intelligent) enough to get in.

--- About diversity and it supposedly encouraging the acceptance of less intelligent minority students. UNC system schools have become increasingly competitive statistics (SAT average, GPA average, etc are all higher each year). If schools are letting in so many underachieving minorities, how are these statistics improving? Our rank has not fallen, and as someone who attended UNC, I can say I learned a lot from hearing other perspectives.

So, diversity is a bad thing? Honestly, that's a value statement. Either you think people different from you have valuable contributions to a learning environment, or you don't. It's sad you don't, but I can't convince you by making objective arguments.

--- Anchor Babies. In fact, undocumented immigrants DO NOT get welfare, etc from having a baby here. The baby might get some benefits, because the baby is AN AMERICAN CITIZEN. If you really think people have babies for status, I just kind of pray you have some sort of humanity within you. Undocumented immigrants are real people, who love other real people, and have real families. It takes 18 years for a parent to get status. MANY families are torn apart by deportation, just as you all seemingly would like. This is by no means some easy "oh hey let's just pop out a baby" process.

--- "rule of law" --- Lots of things have been illegal: remember the civil rights movement? I think the law is wrong in this case. Also, I fully support creating a system where our laws are humane and logical. I hate that humanity and law are at odds on this issue, because I value the legal system. But I'm not going to pretend that just because something is on the books means it's ethical or should be there.

My age!!! Fun!!! You have no real point, so you just say that my fabulous 20-something-year-old existence is the problem!!! We could really argue this either way. For example, one could argue you are a bitter old person who hates his/her life and takes it out on people you've never met (immigrants, me, others I'm sure). Now, I have no idea if that's true, but it's just as subjective as saying my age affects my analysis of reality. I work with undocumented immigrants, have taken classes on immigration, etc. I've read Huntington (who I think is bs), I am very aware of other anti-immigrant groups, etc. I just don't agree with you. Which I know is tough to deal with, because really how many people who disagree with you write on this site (they have good reason not to... fairly pointless endeavor.)

I can see how you all get addicted to this--- the back and forth is intriguing. The problem is that I know I won't change your mind and you won't change mine. Just thought you should hear from one of those random people you know next to nothing about. Because sometimes we do take the time to push back a little.

So I think I will get back to focusing on working with the "evil invaders" who you all theorize about so much. I hope that each post you make, you will think of me actually out there interacting with real people you have never met and don't know at all. Or you won't, which isn't surprising.

MW
    Rach wrote:

MW: DID YOU READ THE STUDY?!
    http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/ne ... 592092.php
    "The numbers applied to both legal and illegal immigrants."
    YES!!! SOMETIMES ANTI-IMMIGRANT MYTHS ARE W.R.O.N.G. I know, a real shocker.
    Hmmm.........I believe it's you that didn't read the study. Either that or you failed to understand my post. Like I said, the study didn't distinguish between illegal aliens and legal immigrants. Remember, we're talking about ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, NOT IMMIGRANTS! The study you provided makes absolutely no distinction, therefore, it has no place in this discussion.

Perhaps you should read my earlier post again:

Nice attempt at confusing the facts. Actually the study did not separate the immigration groups (legal and illegal). Of course legal immigrants, for the most part, are going to be law obiding because they have a vested interest in doing so. To do otherwise could mean deportation. Further, by coming here legally, they've already shown a respect for the legal process. The same can't be said for illegal aliens.
    Here on ALIPAC we support legal immigration, it's the illegal immigration that we have a problem with. Please pay attention when you're being schooled.

...so much less dramatic when we realize i never committed an act of violence, as implied by a "drive by insult."
    No such implication was intended (that you committed an act of violence). Perhaps I used a poor descriptive term - sorry.

April
    We won Round 1, please help with Round 2!!!!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-921143.html#921143

Well Rach, you have a very good point about one thing for sure. You would never change my mind about the influx of ILLEGAL ALIENS and their costs and effects on America. And you are again correct about another thing. I would never change your mind about how you feel.

And as far as your youthful age. I do not mean that as an insult to you or any other young person in college. I would never mean that for I have children and grand children myself.

http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html Just some other facts from Center for Immigration Studies. Some good and some bad.

You say we are all anonymous on here . That is true. BUT read anything on the net ,for instance,Youtube and other articles distributed by the media and their commments section. They all use an alias and not their name. So let us throw that one out.

Take a look at what is going on in the WORLD. Not just here at home in the USA. China most recently,having clashes with their own peoples but seperated by culture and religion only.

At least here on ALIPAC and many other web sites we talk and argue on what is transpiring. And even amongst each other at times. One does not have agree with everything on here. You do not see us out in the streets with clubs made of pipe and wood and beating everyone to death. So far in China it is nearly 200 dead now.

Not to mention riots in Great Britain and the trouble they are having with ILLEGAL ALIENS and let us not forget FRANCE.

And Rach,don't believe for one minute it is just old white folk speaking out (as some out there call us rednecks or the "KKK". Only white sheet I have is on my bed and then it is not white! Check other sites of LEGAL HISPANICS and MOthers Against ILLEGAL ALIENS just to point out a couple. All we are wanting is our laws enforced,laws that are already in place. Our laws ARE NOT BROKEN. Our system of enforcing them is!

STOP ! REWARDING PEOPLE WHO ARE BREAKING THE LAWS OF IMIGRATION! And that is just the beginning for some of these people.

Hello Rach, let me say I admire you for posting here and hope you join in more often. I just wanted to posit to you a question I have about the UC Irvine study.

I hope you are aware that the many sanctuary cities and states in our country prohibit Law Officers from inquiring about immigration status. So how can this study possibly reflect the truth?

Here in NYC an Illegal Alien must commit a major felony before immigration status is even considered. The MSM of both NY and NYC avoid printing the immigration status of lesser criminals even when it is known to them that the offender is an Illegal Alien.

As for your beliefs about Illegal Aliens being ineligible for welfare:

It is also true here in NYC that the Social Services operate on a 'Don't ask, don't tell' policy when an applicants immigration status might obviously be illegal. The SS# given by 'Foreign applicants' is never questioned or investigated. At the same time if I were to apply for such services my SS# would be run through several programs to make sure I was not deceitful in any of my answers.

You also mentioned 'rule of law' which I found to be quite humorous as you probably weren't even alive when this same debate was argued in 1986. You see Rach the laws passed then were considered 'humane and logical'. The Amnesty given then was considered to be a 'One time only' deal.

I eagerly await a reply Rach. Please don't disappoint me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast