Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The New Argument: "Only Illegals Can Save Social Securi

IMMIGRANTS INTEGRAL TO SOCIAL SECURITY'S FUTURE

National Desk May 15, 2009

Washington D.C. - Reports released by the Social Security and Medicare Boards of Trustees this week have re-focused public attention on the deteriorating financial condition of the nation's main health and retirement programs. These reports underscore not only the severity of the current recession, but also the demographic crisis confronting the nation as the native-born population ages. The coming wave of retiring Baby Boomers reminds us of the increasingly important role that immigrants play in the U.S. economy as taxpayers, workers, consumers, and homebuyers.

In an IPC report, demographer Dowell Myers of the University of Southern California has succinctly analyzed this looming demographic crisis and the role that immigration can play in overcoming it:

* Over the next 20 years, the number of senior citizens relative to the number of working-age Americans will increase by 67 percent.

* This means that more and more retirees "will transition from being net taxpayers to net recipients of health and pension benefits, and they will be supported by a smaller workforce that is struggling to meet its own needs."

* These "mass retirements" will not only strain the Social Security and Medicare programs, but will also drive labor-force growth "perilously low - perhaps below zero in many states - which will depress economic growth as a whole."

Moreover, "seniors are also net home sellers, and accordingly, there will be 67 percent more people in the selling ages relative to the younger adults who are likely to be buyers. Thus the mass sell-off launched by aging poses a great hazard for all home sellers and their home values in the two decades ahead."

The aging of the native-born population will leave the U.S. economy short on workers and taxpayers just when more workers and taxpayers are needed to support the increasing number of retiring Baby Boomers. Immigrants can help fill this gap. And, as the IPC points out in a recent compilation of economic data, sensible immigration reform would maximize the economic contributions of immigrants, which will shore up not only Social Security and Medicare, but the U.S. tax base and the U.S. workforce as well.

http://www.losangeleschronicle.com/articles/view/102525
    Just because you're used to something doesn't make it right.

ELE

Illegals are a plight on our country!

Illegals have learned how to get over on our system; they are not going to pay taxes and will end up completely depleting our Social Security monies.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And with the improvements in health--

And with the improvements in health-- the life span of Americans is such that many are living into their late 80s and 90s. This causes us to have an even greater need for immigrants say maybe 50 million more. And as they start to age we will need at least 150 million more to cover them--then ............. Ah here we are at 2150--USMA (United States of Mexico America) population 850 million--but our population is aging and we have to bring in more people to cover--"what?? we already tried that???)

OK let's fall back on the old Obama plan--no health benefits for certain health condidtions IF THE PATIENTS ARE 60 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.

What a specious and STUPID proposal.

When I get ready to retire, I have never planned to sit around and goof off. I plan to work until I drop from old age on the job. This may just be a dream since I have not been able to get a job in quite a while. I guess it is a change of plans: I will drop from old age looking for a job.
    About 4 years ago, I was chatting with a Florida shrimp fisherman, whose retirement plan was to commit a small felony, get thrown in prison and live out the rest of his life being cared for and fed.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

misterbill, this is what I have thought for a while, except in the sense of illegals and their anchor babies. We educate the kids (all 20 of them)whose parents came here to work the fields. Kids want to be Americans and with what is probably fed to them at home and school, they would never dream of going to cut cabbage. As rich Americans "lay on the couch swilling beer and snarfing popcorn while listening to the I-Pod", there is no way these kids would not hope for the American dream.
    What happens when we have crops rotting in the field, is that more illegals come here to work, have anchor babies who we educated, etc.

What is wrong with these people? Why do they hate American so much?

Why didn't they look at it in the opposite direction, if our 20+ million illegals had not stolen $2+ trillion from American over the past 20 years, the SSA trust fund would have enough in it to last another 50 years.

Instead the traitors in Congress "borrowed" money from the trust fund to cover the budget deficit, a deficit created by all the money given to illegals!!

Give ua a frigging break, put the 25 million unemployed Americans to work and they will pay for it...maybe if you count the unemployed right and not just the ones collecting beneifits you might get an over all picture of the truth...and quit trying to sell illegals to Americans, we are not buying!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

SS and Medicare are paid for by percentage of payroll. If illegals are all deported and they quit giving out worker visas then that will push up wages of the american worker.....and voila! more money! Oh but of course that means CEO's will have to make do with one less mansion and they will have to pay the maid and gardener living wages. So for a handful of people it wont be good...but for everyone else it will be GREAT!!!!

Guys, this is the new playbook:

"Legalize them and tax them"

A common refrain these days.

The claim is that they can offset Obama's crippling deficit spending. They're being put forth as the answer to our economic woes.

Nothing could be further from the truth.
    Just because you're used to something doesn't make it right.

What did we expect would happen to Social Security as more and more manufacturing jobs outsourced to China, Mexico, Bangladesh, India?

I don't know why so many folks can't see that we are getting the short end of the stick here in the U.S.A. when it comes to 'globalization'.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast